It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA approves first GMO flu vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...
well this is interesting, the first gmo flu vaccines are on the way, they use the genes from a type of catipiller to produce a protien of the virus in order to trigger a response, this actualy might make it harder to get the flu from the vaccine but they also say it could cause other side effects so there is a catch. so what do people here think about this. I know when it comes to food most people here are opposed to gmos and so am I but I think when used properly genetic engineering can have medical benifits for people, so I want to keep an eye on this story

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
SWEEET more untested GMO for everyone!!! lets throw some other dangerous things in there, oh wait they already do that!

GMO for all! unless you are rich and can afford to eat organic foods

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
SWEEET more untested GMO for everyone!!!

If it's approved by the FDA, it has to go through satisfactory levels of testing. You can point out a few drugs that slipped through the cracks, but there are thousands of approved drugs.

You won't find an informed opinion on this topic on this forum.

Also, I can't really find any official sources on this. It's ONLY being talked about on conspiracy websites.

I found the official website, first off it hasn't been fully approved by the FDA, and it doesn't talk about that side effect the conspiracy writers are claiming. proof the conspiracy writers are lying. You know they are trying to make money too, right?

That's why when people make claims that something says something, you don't believe them and you check it for yourself.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A GMO flu vaccine for a GMO Flu...., poetic, I must say. it's like fighting fire with fire.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
A GMO flu vaccine for a GMO Flu...., poetic, I must say. it's like fighting fire with fire.

This is just proof that you can get sick from GMO.

Now they are making a vaccine to prevent you from getting sick from GMO?

It's basically them admitting to producing a product that harms the consumer...

Interesting...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So how many people have gotten sick or died from GMO foods?

I would like to warn my parents since I'm sure they have no idea what this is.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I suppose its quite safe to assume that these vaccines really cannot be made any more harmful to ones health, or more destructive to the immune system than they already are.

It is astonishing to see how so many people wholeheartedly accept having this poison shot through their bodies despite hearing about the poisons used in them and how dangerous these ingredients are to ones health both long term as well as short term.

Modern day human experiments. As has been admitted to being done in the past under the "claims" of being the good and healthy thing to do in many countries using their population as test subjects.

So many foolish people accepting poison into their bodies, and the bodies of their poor children. A damned shame...

edit on 9-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

None. A lot of claims by sketchy websites, but I've yet to see solid evidence it's actually happened.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hard to say, usually diagnosis just says "cancer".

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Where was it you buy the special mutant zombie rounds again?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

itc depends who owns the company developing this vaccine because the fda is full of lawyers and ceos form majour gmo companies like monsanto and dupont which means they could manipulate the approval
edit on 9-2-2013 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

its been debated
the best one to start is one the star link corn ccr.ucdavis.edu...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

The Examiner article's headline is very funny. It says, "Two vaccine study participants die during trials of the first GMO flu vaccine." What it doesn't tell you is that one of the deaths was in the experimental group, the other death was in the control (placebo) group. It could say "Two placebo study participants die during trials of placebo" and it would be just as meaningful.

www.fda.gov...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

this actualy might make it harder to get the flu from the vaccine but they also say it could cause other side effects so there is a catch.

And here I have been told for the past.. oh... my entire life, that you can't catch the flu from the flu vaccine.

PSC explains that Flublok is produced by extracting cells from a type of caterpillar. The cells are then genetically altered

Yup. Nothing can go wrong here.

edit on 9-2-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

well because the current vaccine uses the virus itself whereas this one uses just a protien, so it makes it less likely, though it could cause other problems so hopefuly there will be proper tests done

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I would like to warn my parents since I'm sure they have no idea what this is.

If you include supplements, the answer is of course 'at least 37', but that happened in 1989 and i imagine the Starlink corn scandal a few years ago wasn't healthy either.

you see, even though these things weren't publicised one can still know about them...

www.aquarianonline.com...

The official toll in the first year of the EMS outbreak in the United States numbered 37 dead, 1535 permanently disabled, and more than 5000 temporarily afflicted. It was never definitively determined if the toxic assault had been caused by slipshod production—a consequence of Showa Denko cutting back on the level of its filtration—or on genetic engineering gone wrong.

good enough?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Umbrella Corporation.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Hard to say, usually diagnosis just says "cancer".

Exactly. They sweep it under the rug.

Similar to when someone has pneumonia or the Flu, "It's SARS!" or "H3.2N61/2birdswinefrogmix!", it gets pulled out from under the rug, relabeled, processed, then propagated for mass hysteria.

... I'll stick to washing my hands and popping vitamin D thanks....

top topics

join