It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guliani blames troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Can someone explain something to me?

Why is Rudy able to get away with blaming the troops for the missing explosives and whatnot in Iraq? I mean, didn't he say it was their fault for not securing them? Pardon moi, but last I checked, troops follow orders, and unless directed to do so, they don't do it.

I mean, if anyone else said this they would have been crucified.

Imagine what the reaction would have been if Bush or Kerry said this, god help them.

What do you all think? Lets get this conversation nice and messy. You can tell from my avatar what side I'm on.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well, let's take a look at what he said:

Giuliani:
"The president was cautious the president was prudent the president did what a commander in chief should do. No matter how you try to blame it on the president the actual responsibility for it really would be for the troops that were there. Did they search carefully enough? Didn't they search carefully enough?"

he's able to get away with it simply because he isn't running so no one gives as much # as to what he thinks

and if Kerry or Bush were to have said this, nothing save God himself would be able to help them come election day

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bush supporters are doing and saying whatever it takes to get the win. They know it's very much up in the air whether or not Bush will get re-elected. Giuliani can't come out and fault Bush for losing close to 400 tons of explosives, so how do you defend him? Blame the troops of course!

But it's not like it matters, though. If service men and women still support Bush after he risked their lives fighting a war that didn't need to be fought, why would Giuliani's comments make a difference to them? *shrug*

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He's trying to get either a cabinent posistion, or a contract for his consulting firm
in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
HA! I never considered the contracting firm thing.

Jolly good.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When a Democrat or Libertarian criticises the President they are told they are un-patriotic and need to support the troops.

When anything goes wrong based on lousy planning the first thing the Republicans do is deface the hard work of the troops.

Republicans don't support the troops.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ghooliani(Guliani) is a Repugnant hack shill perhaps a half step above the likes of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rudy is an uneducated man and when he opens his mouth it shows.:shk:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lately it seems they Rudy has been on some kind of self-destruction tour. Then again, his stand out reputation relies on the death of over 2000 citizens.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I was just talking to someone about him at dinner tonight.

I had no idea he told his wife he wanted a divorce in a press confrence.

I mean, WTF?

Talk about being a dick.

I don't know if they were seperated or not but he at least could have told her on the phone, or been a man and did it in person, prior to the press confrence.

Does this guy seriously think he can run for president after Bush?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Does this guy seriously think he can run for president after Bush?

With these 2008 rumors, my favorite has been McCain, I mean, I really hope he runs. And as long as Karl Rove isn't involved, he could win the ticket IMO. But tack on Guilani to make it a McCain/Guiliani ticket? I think I would then have to vote otherwise.

top topics

join