It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep distractions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So last night I stayed at a cabin that had THIS above my head on the wall

Could you sleep under something like that??? It made me think of a frequent childhood experience... When I was little, we would stay at my grandmother's residence. Her home was very old. My bedroom had a very large medieval-looking bed in the center of the room. Directly above my bed was an equally medieval cast iron chandelier. It had these dagger-looking spikes that went all the way around it. Looked somewhat similar to this:

Needless to say, I rarely slept in that bed because I was always TERRIFIED that the damn chandelier was going to fall and impale me!
edit on 9-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would have moved the bed. I can't sleep with anything above me like that. I especially can't sleep when someone else is in the bed either.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

That chandelier looks evil,,

my distraction is my thoughts, i really cant shut myself up

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I would have moved the bed. I can't sleep with anything above me like that. I especially can't sleep when someone else is in the bed either.

There is NO WAY I could have moved the bed when I was little... It was ancient and far far too heavy for a single adult, let alone a little child. I used to just wait until everyone was asleep and then sneak down to a parlor or library and sleep on the couch in there.

As for the cabin last night, well....if my gracious host and heard me moving the bed, I'd have been rather embarrassed.
Instead, I just turned to the side and tried not to look up.
edit on 9-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

The chandelier actually looked something more akin to this:

Only much MUCH larger with at least a dozen spikes....

As for not being able to shut off your mind, they call that "Monkey Mind." I had to learn how to quell that demon when I was about 12 or 13; however, it still pushes its way to the surface when I'm asleep. I find myself engineering equipment and solving physics equations in my sleep!

new topics

top topics

join