It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Runs A Story On Traditional Marriage But...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So FOX, the champion of "marriage values", runs a story on traditional marriage but accidentally uses a picture from the AP with two lesbians getting married. Awesome. The article about the FOX article is here and here.

Now I won't be surprised when I get the bubba folks coming in saying "But she got shore hayer lika mahn..." and other ignorant bigoted things (look up any thread on ATS about Rachel Maddow and you'll see the ignorance) but, c'mon, let's stay on topic.

Now I have thought about the possibility of FOX using the picture as a point but I can't give them that much credit. Also, they replaced the picture of the couple with two restroom signs.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That's awesome. I'm sure that this was a mistake, as I don't see Fox News as intelligent enough to comprehend irony

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What a bunch of morons.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
News article is here.

It's an author with a book about how to find a husband discussing how feminism and similar things get in the way and we have to readdress equality. It's entitled 'the war on men' ... the photograph wouldn't be a positive image for gay people in this context.

Quote from video: "The issue is that women have become over developed if you will in thier masculine side."

I doubt it was a mistake, but it clearly must have offended someone. (Probably everyone actually)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

And you don't see the irony of the judgemental ridicule in your own stereotyping?
I actually couldnt tell it was a woman at first glance. She camoflages well. I just don't understand why she wants to be a guy.
edit on 10-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Cuervo

And you don't see the irony of the judgemental ridicule in your own stereotyping?
I actually couldnt tell it was a woman at first glance. She camoflages well.

Nope. No irony at all in my ridicule of FOX. The fact that you could not tell it was a woman at first glance is not something I would fault you on; you are reader, not a news agency.

The fact that FOX claims to be a professional news paper and then uses pictures from AP without even checking to see what the original article was about is... well, just stupid. Which is the point.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorusI just don't understand why she wants to be a guy.

You are the demographic FOX appeals to, I see.

top topics

join