It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does seeking lead? One truth. Here it is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Actually I believe this is much simpler than everyone sees.
The bible tells us that all the rulers and authorities were put into place by him. And that we are to obey the laws that they put in place. So we can judge people who are law breakers based on the law that has been put in by the rulers. Since we know that God put the rulers in place to make the laws. But on matters not covered by the law we should not quarrel unless it is a matter of conscience.

Where as in one may be tempted to sin if not corrected.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Check the end of the post above. What do you see when you look in a mirror? You and your shadow of light. Are you the light or the shadow? If you are not the one in the image, then you are the one casting it. By looking in the image, you know yourself. Light reveals what it hits. True for me and you and all of us. We are ALL the ones casting the image if we are the image of God. We are His Children and His shadow. Jacob and Esau are both of us and we are equally both. Divide the light from the darkness and return to unity. God already made that trip yet never left where he started. We are simply collapsing the same wave within His Story. History is not ours.

I was with you until you used genesis...

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

And he said let us create man in "our" image... God has no equal... and surely we are not the image of him...

God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

More over he said, I create the light and the dark... good and evil... where as God has no darkness, and so called "evil can not touch him"

"It is he who exists as God and Father of everything, the invisible One who is above everything, who exists as incorruption, which is in the pure light into which no eye can look."

God has already judge us. It's all good. He keeps no records of wrongs. Only we can do that.

Which I agree with... unfortunately this God of the OT keeps records of any and all wrongs... and takes revenge for all wrongs.

It appears we do not know God or the Son yet.

Some do...

Christ is the light created in Genesis 1:3 therefore God is talking to his son when it is said our image.
edit on 9-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Maybe you should read genesis 1 again...

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes I know Day, another name for Jesus. The sun and moon that govern the natural day and night was not created yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

Yes I know Day, another name for Jesus. The sun and moon that govern the natural day and night was not created yet.

I see...

Well lets continue on with your theory and watch it fall to pieces...

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Meaning there is more then one day.... thus also meaning there is more then one Christ... and Jesus was also called evening... and darkness apparently

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

As anyone whos taken a grade 3 science class knows... without our star water can not exist...

Tell me... is this part of your "new take on Christianity" that you titled a recent thread?

One Jesus Christ... and one Day Christ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why do you seem to believe we cannot overcome all obstacles by the power of the Cross in Christ?

The cross is suffering. We bear this cup for sure. Sin cannot be overcome apart from the blood. The blood is literally a change to our DNA. As far as I can see, this must take place within a set timetable. We receive the Holy Spirit next on that timetable. I still sin and so does everyone sown into corruption. Since we still die, we are still in a state of sin nature. Look at this simple timetable that can be assumed from so many different sources.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

2 Days -Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
2 Days -Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
2 Days -Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
1 Day -Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)
-------
7 Days (7000 years - Approximately 6000 have passed)

Hosea says this.

6 “Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;

When Jesus was with us 2000 years ago, he said that if they destroy the temple (His body), he would raise it again in three days. This is 3000 years. Before he raises it, he will revive it after 2000 years. We are being revived now during the 'Day of the Lord'. What must happen first? The enemy must be made the footstool. That enemy is still here influencing us.

Go back to the timetable above. At what point do we see receive the Father? At the end when Abraham gives the first son. The first father was given by God as Adam. Adam leads to Abraham. Jacob leads to Jesus. The Holy Spirit given will lead to a Holy Spirit gained after 1000 years longer. Isaiah then gives us the final version of this.

Isaiah 26

Read Revelation 20. We will enter our rest, then return. During that transition, we will bear the cup of the cross ourselves in the tribulation. Then, you must be born again into the waters of baptism. Why? To rise again to new life. I still sin and so do you. This only changes after we are finished with the process.

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by jiggerj

Actually I believe this is much simpler than everyone sees.
The bible tells us that all the rulers and authorities were put into place by him. And that we are to obey the laws that they put in place. So we can judge people who are law breakers based on the law that has been put in by the rulers. Since we know that God put the rulers in place to make the laws. But on matters not covered by the law we should not quarrel unless it is a matter of conscience.

Where as in one may be tempted to sin if not corrected.

Check my post above. This will not happen until Christ enters the temple to run out the bankers and when we see the peacemakers with no rest. Consult this thread: Global Meltdown Now! Christ has entered the temple. The foreshadowing 2000 years ago was simply showing us how it will happen. Hosea gives us the timetable. So does Jonah. 2 days until Christ prays to leave the belly of the fish. Three days to exit. Consult Genesis. Joseph told his brothers 12 who he was in the 2nd day of famine.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Maybe you should read genesis 1 again...

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

I am not sure, but this could be the same division as Jacob and Esau. Consult this thread for more on darkness and light. Additionally, the sun (Hydrogen) has one proton and one electron in a balanced state of positive and negative. The neutral that follows into all elements is neither positive or negative. For instance, Mankind's mark is Carbon - 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons. The two thieves on the cross represent Christ in the middle as the neutral. The one that repented was in the middle with Christ as the Proton. The electron refused to come in.

Eyes wide open: Angel of Light and Darkness
edit on 10-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What I am saying does not create any more days or any more Christ. It reconciles the rest of Genesis and what is said about Christ. He is the firstborn, therefore he was born before Adam, where else in Genesis is something created that could be Christ?

This also reconciles the verse "let us create man in our image". If Jesus is the light than there is no question why the term our is used here as it now pertains to the father and the son.

Jesus says he is the light of the world. We know that Genesis 1:3 is not natural light as the natural light from the Sun, Moon, and stars is not created until 1:14. Since Jesus is the light created in Genesis 1:3 we eliminate the apparent contradiction. Jesus is the spiritual light created on day 1, the only thing created day 1. Natural light is not created until the 4th day.

I'm not really going anywhere but this. This is the only interpretation that answers the apparent contradictions In the creation account. And it does so without needing anything other than to believe Jesus and what is said about him. He said he is the light, and it is also said he is the firstborn of all creation.

Read as little or as much as you like, I am simply pointing out how many times the spiritual light of the world is referred to.

Genesis 1:3-5 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

John 1:7-9 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light. The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.
Psalm 18:28 For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.
Psalm 104:2 Covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent.
Psalm 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life,

Daniel 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.

Isaiah 8:20 To the teaching and to the testimony! If they will not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

Isaiah 9:2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.

Isaiah 42:16 And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Isaiah 60:2-3 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

Isaiah 60:20 Your sun shall no more go down, nor your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of mourning shall be ended.

Job 24:12-13 From out of the city the dying groan, and the soul of the wounded cries for help; yet God charges no one with wrong. “There are those who rebel against the light, who are not acquainted with its ways, and do not stay in its paths.

Job 38:15 From the wicked their light is withheld, and their uplifted arm is broken.

Job 38:19-24 “Where is the way to the dwelling of light, and where is the place of darkness, that you may take it to its territory and that you may discern the paths to its home? You know, for you were born then, and the number of your days is great! “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, which I have reserved for the time of trouble, for the day of battle and war? ...

Micah 7:8-10 Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me out to the light; I shall look upon his vindication. Then my enemy will see, and shame will cover her who said to me, “Where is the Lord your God?” My eyes will look upon her; now she will be trampled down like the mire of the streets.

1 Kings 11:36 Yet to his son I will give one tribe, that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I have chosen to put my name.

Zechariah 14:6-7 On that day there shall be no light, cold, or frost. And there shall be a unique day, which is known to the Lord, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light.

Exodus 13:21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.

Jeremiah 13:16 Give glory to the Lord your God before he brings darkness, before your feet stumble on the twilight mountains, and while you look for light he turns it into gloom and makes it deep darkness.

Matthew 4:16 The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”

Luke 2:32 A light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.”

Luke 16:8 The master commended the dishonest manager for his shrewdness. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light.

John 1:4-8 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

John 3:19-21 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 9:5-7 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” Having said these things, he spat on the ground and made mud with the saliva. Then he anointed the man's eyes with the mud and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So he went and washed and came back seeing.

John 12:35 So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going.

John 12:36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 Peter 2:5-9 You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have something more sure, the prophetic word, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,

Ephesians 5:14 For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”

2 Corinthians 4:4-6 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Acts 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Colossians 1:11-12 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

Ephesians 5:8 For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

Revelation 21:23-27 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

edit on 10-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join