What was/is Jesus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by digfact
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Just because things are hard for us to understand don't make them impossible. They are difficult to understand because of how we live today and perceive how things must have been, even though we're talking about events that happened thousands of years ago.

Read this:

Here is Ryrie’s comment on this issue from his book Basic Theology which I would highly recommend.

Though by many inerrantists the question of where Cain got his wife would not be considered a problem at all, this question is often used by those who try to demonstrate that the Bible is unreliable in what it claims. How could it claim that Adam and Eve were the first human beings who had two sons, one of whom murdered the other, and yet who produced a large race of people? Clearly, the Bible does teach that Adam and Eve were the first created human beings. The Lord affirmed this in Matthew 19:3-9. The genealogy of Christ is traced back to Adam (Luke 3:38). Jude 14 identifies Enoch as the seventh from Adam. This could hardly mean the seventh from “mankind,” an interpretation that would be necessary if Adam were not an individual as some claim. Clearly, Cain murdered Abel and yet many people were born. Where did Cain get his wife?

We know that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters in addition to Abel, Cain, and Seth (Gen. 5:4), and if there was only one original family, then the first marriages had to be between brothers and sisters. Such marriages in the beginning were not harmful. Incest is dangerous because inherited mutant genes that produce deformed, sickly, or moronic children are more likely to find expression in children if those genes are carried by both parents. Certainly, Adam and Eve, coming from the creative hand of God, had no such mutant genes. Therefore, marriages between brothers and sisters, or nieces and nephews in the first and second generations following Adam and Eve would not have been dangerous.

Many, many generations later, by the time of Moses, incest was then prohibited in the Mosaic laws undoubtedly for two reasons: first, such mutations that caused deformity had accumulated to the point where such unions were genetically dangerous, and second, it was forbidden because of the licentious practices of the Egyptians and Canaanites and as a general protection against such in society. It should also be noted that in addition to the Bible most other legal codes refuse to sanction marriages of close relatives.

But here is another issue to consider. If one accepts the evolutionary hypothesis as to the origin of the human race, has that really relieved the issue of incest? Not unless you also propound the idea of the evolution of many pairs of beings, pre-human or whatever, at the same time. No matter what theory of the origin of the human race one may take, are we not driven to the conclusion that in the early history of the race, there was the need for intermarriage of the children of the same pair?

Thankyou for your response Digfact.
Someone was perfecting the specie and thought inbreeding was a way to perfection of (if two perfect humans mate will obtain a resulted duplication in their children). Not so, because the DNA-RNA was not fully understood. It was the RNA factor that threw everything off. It was the God Quotient, cells speaking to each other; what happenned deemed themselves creators and created human mal..will not say it. central brain (to this day) will not speak to its constituants. When you have a race of beings you are developing, you experiment. The inbreeding does not work in the long run, short term yes. Then you introduce off site beings, (elohim) or or think. There are no wrongs to any of it the attempt was to create the being you are and as far as I can see was successful (some hickups along the way) Cro Magnon best I suppose, evolutionary. I guess what I am saying is that the structure RNA mental mind of the human cell knew something was off, so closely bound related produced (you name it monster variants) I know that Darwinism is partially true as is Creationism parcially true; yet the combining is a very closely held secret. Someone thought the human race was not ready to be told. Perhaps we need to speak more of this as it is very complicated; the whys and who actually created the human it was not a devine event it was more laboratorial.
edit on 11-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I don't know if Jesus was ever a person.

I had a number of mystical experiences. In my experience Jesus is the energy that flows within everything. Jesus holds all things together.

I heard a voice say, "You are in Jesus, Jesus is in God, and Jesus is in you".

Jesus is energy, God is unconditional love, and the Holy Spirit is a companion guide to the spiritual.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of statements lately.

What exactly were you doing at the time you heard this "voice"?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Everything you say is true, but he was a person. The bible is telling the truth, even if you and the church can't figure out what it says.

Jesus, and God, are in everyone who seeks love. And the Holy Spirit is our guide, our teacher that helps us walk down the path to love. Exposing the lies behind what we used to think about life and love. Now you can see that everyone is your brother, why should you hate anyone?

Roman's 10:20 And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me."

Maybe they don't ask for Jesus by name, maybe they were just looking for love and a better way to be. God is the judge of a man's heart and he will love who he loves and harden who he hardens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Originally posted by babloyi
BUT STILL! This thread in this forum prompted me to write out a reply, before I realised that perhaps it deserved its own thread, one final hope, perhaps I'd get some answers.
Now if your answer based off "faith in your heart" or because you prayed and were answered directly (instead of inspired to go to specific passages in the Bible, I guess), that is totally valid, and I have no right to put that down at all, but that isn't what I'm looking for. While I realise that all of our understanding of the universe and how it works and what happens is based on (some small) implicit presumptions and axioms that we have to take "on faith", personally, I find that having "God did it" as the beginning and the end of the discussion (which I suppose technically it is, for a believer, but there are still more steps in between) a bit counter-intuitive in that it hides or makes meaningless the beauty of the system that God would have set in place

I’m already answering your question, in this thread, in the thread you highlighted above, in your OP.

Which can be found...
here

here

here

here

here

here

here

And lastly here

My position is, that Jesus is the Son of God, and is Co-Creator with the Father God, from the beginning.

Would take too long too copy each individual post, into this thread…

- JC

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by digfact
reply to post by greyer

How do you explain all the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled written in the Old Testament? Did he have access to this as a check list that he made sure he completed?

The one veil to humanity is that the father of Jesus in mankind is the same one of Abraham. You can go into these speculative arguements but the physical facts still remain, it is the same people.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

My position is, that Jesus is the Son of God, and is Co-Creator with the Father God, from the beginning.

Adam is also called the son of God. Does it mean he is "co-creator with the Father God" too?

Where did Jesus say he was co-creator with the Father God?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

First you must answer my question, which can be found here, where you left me hanging, after making out that I was brainwashed, for believing in the “sky fairy”, as you put it, when you yourself were actually a theist.

I'm still waiting for some kind of explanation...

- JC

edit on 13-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

First you must answer my question, which can be found here, where you left me hanging, after making out that I was brainwashed, for believing in the “sky fairy”, as you put it, when you yourself were actually a theist.

In that thread, the OP posed a brilliant question "where did logic come from"?

I agreed with your posts on that thread.... and I was simply rehashing the usual cliches used by non-theists (skyfairy, brainwashing etc)to point out how absurd it is to think that science has the answers to everything. Strangely, I even got a star or two for those posts.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkOrpiOn

I agreed with your posts on that thread.... and I was simply rehashing the usual cliches used by non-theists (skyfairy, brainwashing etc)to point out how absurd it is to think that science has the answers to everything. Strangely, I even got a star or two for those posts.

Ok, fair enough, I think I even stared one your posts myself, I just found it a little strange, that you would call me brainwashed, for believing in God, when you were a believer yourself.

Adam is also called the son of God. Does it mean he is "co-creator with the Father God" too?

No, I don’t believe so, but having said that, there is a theory (that I don’t subscribe to btw) that Adam was Jesus…

You see, the problem here is, is that I’m not just basing this, on just one verse, or one idea etc… I’m basing it on a number of verses, that need to be weighed up, and viewed collectively together, as a whole.

Where did Jesus say he was co-creator with the Father God?

Well, if you bear in mind what I said above…there isn’t really any one verse that says here it is! And if there was, then everyone would know about it, and be believing in it etc…I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, before we go any further, I would like too ask you, if were brought up as a Muslim, or whether you converted, at a later date etc?

And before we proceed…do you accept the OT, and all of its texts, and the words of the Prophets found in them?

- JC
edit on 14-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
reply to post by babloyi

I don't know if Jesus was ever a person.

I had a number of mystical experiences. In my experience Jesus is the energy that flows within everything. Jesus holds all things together.

I heard a voice say, "You are in Jesus, Jesus is in God, and Jesus is in you".

Jesus is energy, God is unconditional love, and the Holy Spirit is a companion guide to the spiritual.

Do you realize that Jesus existed in more than one dimension at the same time? In one its an energy form, in another a gross human. A complicated exacting of the insertion of an idea, one planet a rose, another a happless lost human? It is all about the spreading of a thought form. You are correct, Jesus is an energy form just as love is, its called "the field force-the binding of all-". AfterInfinity explains it very well in one of its arguements regarding the nature of Chaos. Look to its musings, very interesting regarding the nature of chaos and its inability to destroy itself (even though that would seem to be its modice operandi).
edit on 14-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I take back what I said above, it’s not ok, at all. All you have done in your post above, is explain what you did in the thread. That’s not an explanation for what happened.

It was clearly already established, in my previous posts, on that thread, that I believed in God…I only found out much later, that you were in fact a Muslim theist. So why would a believer in God, be calling another believer, brainwashed??? And your explanation of “rehashing the usual clichés used by non-theists”, doesn’t really apply to someone who is already a theist himself! ???

Anyway, just like you left me hanging on that other thread, you’ve now done the same thing, on this one…

- JC

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Hey Joe!

I suppose a follow up question would be in order, considering your response (and those of others in this thread):

Do you worship Jesus?
Would that count as polytheism? Or some sort of pluriform monotheism?
What are the implications of Jesus being from among creation (even if it is firstborn of creation)?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Hey Joe!

I suppose a follow up question would be in order, considering your response (and those of others in this thread):

Hi there…

First of all, thanks for your response, which I imagine you may have made, with some trepidation, and secondly I apologize for slightly derailing your thread, in my replies with Skorpion. I have had 2 bad experiences now with Muslim posters on ATS, which you may have gathered from my first post links, in this thread, and my discussion with Skorpion.

I didn’t see why I should answer someone, who didn’t answer one of my earlier posts in another thread, especially one who had accused me of being brainwashed, without giving an explanation for it. And the other poster said that I had an “emotional belief”, which I think was taking things a bit to far IMO; so I decided to end the conversation at that point, but there were also other reasons for doing so.

Anyway, bearing all that in mind, and assuming you are a Muslim?, I’m going to take a slightly different approach with yourself.

Do you worship Jesus?

This is a difficult question, because Jesus tells us to honor the Father God alone, but at the same time, I know He is Co-creator with the Father, so because of that knowledge, there is a great reverence there; but to answer your question, no, I do not worship Jesus.

I would also add, that God the Father speaking through Jesus, told us/everyone to go through His Son, in order to come to the Father. So it’s not about worshipping the Son; and what you have to remember, is that some things spoken by Jesus, were the actual words of the Father God IMO.
This is where the fine line of distinction, comes into play.

Would that count as polytheism?

Or some sort of pluriform monotheism?

Technically speaking, God is classified, and defined as, a Creator. So because I believe Jesus is Co-Creator, with the Father, that would technically make him a God also. So it’s a difficult question to answer, but I would say no, it wouldn’t count as polytheism.

My reasons for saying this are that Jesus was created first, by the eternal Father God, and given powers to create himself. But like Jesus says in the Gospels, all his power came from God the Father. And because Jesus was created by the eternal Father God, and because Jesus points us in the direction of the one true God, then IMO monotheism, is still very much intact. In other words, there is still only one eternal Father God, with the power to create…

What are the implications of Jesus being from among creation (even if it is firstborn of creation)?

That’s a very good question, which I wish I had an answer for. I can’t even begin to understand why God would create a being in the beginning, and then gave him powers to create, and then create all things through Himself, and his Son. I don’t even have one verse in the Bible, which states/shows “here it is”, or even a verse, where Jesus states it directly etc but I do have various verses, which when looked at collectively, do show between the lines evidence, that it is true.

Here’s the first verse to be going on with for now…

Consider this “Step 1” of my evidence…

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

The above verse shows God speaking, and states, “Lets us, make man” etc…which not only shows that there is more than one, but that who ever this other/s being is/are, he/they also have the power to create, and it shows that Co-creation is taking place.

The only questions that remains to be answered are…how many other Co-Creators, is God talking with? and who are, they/it?,

And so far, I can’t find any evidence, in the Quran, the New Testament, or Old Testament, of any one else, who could possibly be a Co-Creator with God/Father in the beginning… with the exception of Jesus! Himself!, for which I have found evidecen for etc…in other words, Jesus is the only one, that’s fits the bill.

- JC
edit on 21-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I can’t even begin to understand why God would create a being in the beginning, and then gave him powers to create, and then create all things through Himself, and his Son.

That's because God didn't create Jesus. Jesus was already with God from the very beginning.

John 1:1-3, 14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now let's look at Colossians 1:15-19...

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

In my opinion, these verses mean that God (as the Father) is invisible and inaudible. It's through Jesus (the Word) that we were capable of even seeing or hearing God. Notice how in the Old Testament that every time God spoke to Moses that he did it through "mine angel" or an "angel of the Lord". Jesus was the physical manifestation of God and that's why it says that he was "the firstborn of every creature", not creation, as Jesus was not created. He was with God from the beginning. The Word was God.

Jesus was also the firstborn of the dead, meaning that he was the first to be physically resurrected with a body and soul intact together (even though the body itself had been transformed beyond a flesh and blood body).

As shown in verse 19, through Jesus, all "fullness dwelled", not just the invisible and inaudible.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deertermined
That's because God didn't create Jesus. Jesus was already with God from the very beginning.

John 1:1-3, 14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That verse in John1 has been translated incorrectly. The first “God” in the sentence, is not the same as the second/last word “God”. The last word God is more accurately translated as, “The Word was “Divine”, or ”The Word Was a God”

And if you think about it, the last part “and the word was God” doesn’t make any grammatical sense, with the former part of the sentence.

Also God/Father, didn’t have a beginning, because He is Eternal, which is why the verse states the Word was with God, who always existed. The Word who is Jesus IMO, was created, which is why He is the Beginning.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Again, God didn’t have a beginning, because he is Eternal. But the Son, the Word of God, did have a beginning…which is why He is the Beginning.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Yes, this is true, all things were created through God the Father, and The Son…who is the Word…

Evidence of the Son, being Co-creator, with the Father, can be found in these verses below…

Proverbs 30:1-4
“I am weary, God,but I can prevail.
Surely I am only a brute, not a man;
I do not have human understanding.
I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I attained to the knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
Surely you know!

Proverbs 8:22-36
22“The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
before his deeds of old;

23 I was appointed from eternity,
from the beginning, before the world began.
24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
when there were no springs abounding with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the earth or its fields
or any of the dust of the world.
27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
28 when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
29 when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.
32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
35 For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.
36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
all who hate me love death.”

And the last part about whomever finds me, finds life, is Jesus own words IMO. It can’t be Gods words, because it states clearly that who ever finds this person, receives favor from God the Father. And Jesus is the only other, who states that those who find Him, have life.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Again this is true, the Word became flesh, but the Word is Jesus, The Son of God, not the Father God.

Now let's look at Colossians 1:15-19...

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Yes, He’s in the image of the invisible God, because God the Father created Him.

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Again Proverbs 8, all things were created though the Word and the Father God, so the above verse is also true.

Continued...
edit on 27-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Again true, because He was the first born/created, of all creation, by the Father God.

But you have to remember that most of those verses above are written from the perspective, of those who believe Jesus to be, God the Father.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Yes, but all things were created through the Word and the Father. And Jesus said He was one with the Father, so in him all fullness did dwell.

In my opinion, these verses mean that God (as the Father) is invisible and inaudible. It's through Jesus (the Word) that we were capable of even seeing or hearing God.

Yes, but that doesn’t make Jesus God the Father. Its only means that the Son revealed the Father to us. Jesus the word is also a person in his own right. Jesus refers to himself as The Son of Man…

John 8:28
So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.”

…Which is a phrase that was first used by Daniel…

Daniel 7:13-14
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

And as the scripture themselves state Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, and is given all authority, glory and power, just like it states in Daniel 7:13-14

- JC

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And as the scripture themselves state Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, and is given all authority, glory and power, just like it states in Daniel 7:13-14

The scripture says that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father UNTIL he puts all of his enemies under his feet.

Matthew 22:44

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mark 12:36

36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Now once Jesus makes his enemies his footstool (destroying Satan and death itself), we see the throne of God. Let's look at those verses that describe the throne and the "new heaven".

Revelation 21:22-23

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Notice how in the above verses that Jesus' name isn't mentioned any more, that it's now been replaced with "the Lamb"?

Revelation 22:3-4

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

It says the throne belongs to "God and of the Lamb", but also notice how it says they will serve him and that they shall see his face and his name will be on their foreheads, as in singular.

Revelation 1:7-8

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

What do you think it means when it says the "Almighty" is the one "which is to come"? Who was it that was "pierced"? Which one is supposed to cometh with clouds?

Revelation 1:11, 17, 18

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

By the way, did I not post all of the "I am he" statements that Jesus made earlier in this thread? I thought I did.

And even though the next verse mentions the "earth", meaning the Millennial period, the same will hold true when the kingdom continues on into the new heaven/earth.

Zechariah 14:9

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I thought maybe I had posted this before in this thread, but I guess it was another. Here's a copy.

Jesus says, "I am he".

That's another reason why Jesus quoted over 60 scriptures from 24 books of the Old Testament. The Old Testament is filled with the story of Jesus and why he came here.

He came here to prove that "I am he" and to die for his sheep so that they would be able to live with him forever.

Isaiah 41:4

4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:13

13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

John 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:28

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 9:9

9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

John 13:19

19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

John 18:6

6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just saw a great analogy by Stupid Girl in another thread about Jesus given power and authority over heaven and earth. Here's what she said...

He created it, He has had authority over it since the moment of creation.

Think of the sun. It's an enormous glob of raw energy. The sun gives us light. The light travels from the sun to here, but it came from the sun. It is a part of the sun that manifests itself as light.
The sun gives us heat. The heat travels from the sun to here, but its source is the glob. It is an inherent part of the sun which manifests itself as heat.
We can't look at the sun or go near it, but we can interact with its light and heat.

God is only one, there is only one Almighty God. One.
He chose to create so He could interact with it. We interact with Him through His manifestations, Jesus & the Holy Spirit. He speaks to our spirit through His Spirit. He interacts with our flesh through Jesus. They are all essentially Him, but the Holy Spirit & Jesus manifest themselves as extensions of the "Holy Glob" so to speak. (Forgive me Father, for You are truly formless, having no beginning and no end)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join