It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath of secrecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I remember reading that the word secret comes from the word sacred i.e. that which is sacred should be kept secret, do not cast pearls before swine etc.

However most to these “secrets” within the more popular secret society’s are not really secrets when you truly analyses what has been revealed but the candidate often gets so caught up in the often elaborate initiation ceremony that they fail to see what has been handed to them is in fact worthless…In other words secrets about secrets.
In any case during such initiation ceremony’s the candidate is told or warned that what is being revealed is to be kept “in the brain box” and never discussed openly. In many cases the candidate doesn't even understand fully what the secret is and is left bewildered by the whole event.

Its called an oath of secrecy but what stops the person revealing it and breaking his oath.

Losing honor, being cast from the order, threat of death but in the higher esoteric orders they have unusual methods to insure you don’t speak.

I heard an interesting story about a candidate in an oriental school who was being initiated into very ancient knowledge concerning yogic secrets. His teacher told him that to reveal the secret meant death.

The master took a piece of parchment paper and with a small brush dipped in ink started to draw unusual characters on the paper. He then took this paper and held it against his lips whilst muttering some incantation over the paper. Once this was done the paper was burned over a candle flame and tossed into a goblet, the ashes were mixed with water and the candidate was then passed the goblet to drink it.

The candidate was warned that death was the price for trying to reveal what was told. This is how the true initiates are "bound" when passed the higher teachings.

edit on 9-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Doesn't apply to freemasonry, in case anyone thinks it does. Freemasonry's "secrets" have been published for hundreds of years. The point of the so-called secrets in freemasonry is not that they are really secrets, but its a test to see if the candidate is a man of his word. A man of his word, when told to keep something secret, will do so as long as it is nothing that violates his morality or obligations to others. A man who is not a man of his word will publish them.

Thats why it really doesn't matter that the masonic "secrets" in terms of the passwords and grips are plastered all over google and in every city library. They are nothing more than a test for the initiate, non-masons who are obsessed with finding them can do so easily and it doesn't bother us.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I Thought Secrets Was A Derivative Of Secrete Which Applied Itself To People... As In Pee-Poo

They'll piss you off and sh!t all over your ideas as often as you let them. Take for example: ATS squabblers...

edit on 10-2-2013 by Pinocchio because:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I can tell that you have never been initiated into the mysteries or any kind of esoteric knowledge. Or if you have, it was done rather poorly if the premise of "secrets" was not properly explained to you....

As you so eloquently pointed out, many of the ancient "secrets" can be easily and readily found, thanks to the Internet. When an initiate is cautioned not to share the "secrets," it is NOT because of what they contain...and it is all about what they contain. You see, the words themselves are just words. The "secret" is in the meaning they contain which can only be understood by a properly prepared initiate combined with a spiritual readiness to receive that knowledge.

Let me further elaborate....

John 14:6

Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

A well known and oft-repeated verse from the Bible. Most Christians are taught that this verse means that the only way to salvation is through acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

To those initiated in the mysteries, this verse takes on a completely different meaning and connotation. It is a path...a direction....which has meaning to the initiate. Walking through the path of enlightenment is a journey. It doesn't simply happen by reading words on a page. The "secrets" are meant to ensure the student learns the fundamentals they need to progress along the path, understanding each step for its true nature and meaning.

"Secrets" have a purpose.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

‎"To criticize, to destroy, is not difficult; the clumsiest laborer knows how to drive his pick into the noble and finely-hewn stone of a cathedral.

To construct - that is what requires the skill of a master." - Josemaria Escriva, 1939

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Actually I am an initiate, and probably at a higher level then any of you......but who cares anyway, my journey is not your journey and your journey is not mine

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

My very proper mother used to say "if you have to say you are a Lady, then you aren't..." I would say that simple bit of wisdom extends to other claims as well.

Good luck on your journey, mon ami

top topics

join