It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sabbath

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Romans 14:5-6
" One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God."

This is why it doesn't really matter what day a person celebrates as the Sabbath. Even though it was and still is Saturday, it doesn't really matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

starr adjensen.....also, God made the Sabbath Holy.........and then we have Zechariah...and other spots in the Scripture that lets us know the Sabbath will be observed in the new millenium.....and Heaven......forever for eternity for sure.....there's that part one only gets by reading the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Also, the Sabbath was before the Law.....there's that, too!

ETA that was before there were Jewish......
edit on 10-2-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
Friday sundown to Saturday sundown is the true Sabbath. Nowhere at anytime did God change that day, or give permission for that day to be changed. The Roman Catholic Church, thinking they are above the law of God, are the ones who caused the majority to observe the Sunday.

Here is a link to a good video on the subject. It covers a lot of the Bible verses that people try to use to justify observing a different day.

www.john1429.org...

Well I hope everyone came to the same understanding that I did, when I asked this upon myself, "which day is the sabbath" matters not under the new law.
Of course I could be wrong though, and as far as the labor day option, have a chuckle

ETA : If we do not rest (in the lords image) each day, then why do we even have the word (life)???
edit on 11-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Saturday is the real Sabboth. God created a pattern for man. You work six days out of the week and rest on the seventh. The point of the rest is for you to focus and reflect on God.

Any day can be your Sabboth, as long as you believe. According to Romans 14: 4-7.
edit on 11-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher97
Romans 14:5-6
" One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God."

This is why it doesn't really matter what day a person celebrates as the Sabbath. Even though it was and still is Saturday, it doesn't really matter.

100% correct, thank you

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Christians are not bound by the law and are not bound by the observance of the sabbath. The bible actually talks about the Holy Spirit being our "Rest"

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

I believe Jesus who taught on many issues, suggested that it be good for man to rest 1 day a week, the body is the temple of the Lord,

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by MrBigDave

I believe Jesus who taught on many issues, suggested that it be good for man to rest 1 day a week, the body is the temple of the Lord,

Indeed, many people do not understand this concept and turn from the arms of the Father.

"No money changing in the temple" is ALSO a reference to prostitution, on top of what Jesus did (turned the tables)
The Fathers words are his and they're our link back to him. By our kind actions and words, we glorify his name for eternity

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave
Christians are not bound by the law and are not bound by the observance of the sabbath. The bible actually talks about the Holy Spirit being our "Rest"

Awesome. I'm glad to see people are understanding the words of the Father, not just yawning and nodding. Take care!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
A better question might be; why would an omnipotent being need rest? Of course we don't need to entertain that rabbit hole in this thread. In regards to the OP; Sunday is the first day of the week, Saturday is the last. As the story goes, the lawd "rested" on the (seventh) last day.

Christians turned to Sunday during the time when they were gobbling up pagan rights and rituals. Sunday was big with Mithraic followers, of course Mithra being the "Sun God", and he, the demigod himself, lends his name to the day Sun Day.

edit on 9-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

ok heres my input the seventh day is the sabbath saturday is my last day of the week so tis is my sabbath but as to the sungod hes the "teacher" in ALL religion ie jesus we mistake by worshiping him an not the real god he was one of us its simple its due to misinformed ppl we live in god and him inside of us jesus was part of god as we are jesus was no better or now worse simple better through his message so thats the only thing that carries true merit and such life is growth not complacent period jesus taught us to love one another and to remove the veil that everyone throws on each other of cause refer to john 3:16 and then refer to romans we are jesus and he is us we are the 3:16 .... Romans teaches you that we create our fall and teaches us that we should not hate ourselves contrary to what mass religion teaches we are divine expressions of god now take that and throw it in your conciousness and grab the sword "bible" and protect your word "flesh" "life" ect you do that and you WILL be able to stand in the day of the lord... See jesus is not the major lord in my life god is, jesus is a friend who teaches me how to please "father" so jesus is second and god is first. now as for the semantics of the sabbath refer back to the first part of my paragraph. deny ignorence

ONE LOVE

G

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The established Sabbath, before the Catholic church changed it to the pagan Sunday, starts Friday at sunset and lasts until Saturday at sunset.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
That means nothing apparently. The sabbath is EVERY DAY after Jesus' departure, hence the list.
I knew this wouldn't go over well here on ats.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

I fail to get your meaning. Care to explain?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

There ya go, OP -- the Sabbath is what you make it. Worship God in your own good time, don't let anyone tell you it has to be Friday night or Sunday from 11:00AM - 12:00PM. By Christ's own words, it doesn't matter when you do it, so long as you do do it.

You are taking that verse out of context. That's not what it means.

23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

What he was actually saying was the Shabbat, Fri sunset to Sat sunset, was made for man. It was designated as a day of rest for man, but it also wasn't to be a burden. The Pharisees had made the Shabbat day of rest into a burden with all of their excessive rules and regulations.

Nowhere did Jesus rescind that Saturday (Fri sunset to Sat sunset) was the Shabbat.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
reply to post by Leuan

I fail to get your meaning. Care to explain?

Not really but I'll humor you.
Yes the original sabbath is friday to saturday, however it's clear that we're not to follow the old testament laws, for various reasons that I'll leave out. This is no place to discuss it, as I have learned.

Alot of the teachings have been altered, here's an axhandle:
"Thou shall not kill"
Have you stepped outside lately? If so, you're a sinner according to the false interpreters of this commandment. Everytime you step on the grass, you kill. Are you going to hell for it?

Some people think so.
This whole sunday worship thing is an invention of scared people who don't want to give up power to the truth

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

There ya go, OP -- the Sabbath is what you make it. Worship God in your own good time, don't let anyone tell you it has to be Friday night or Sunday from 11:00AM - 12:00PM. By Christ's own words, it doesn't matter when you do it, so long as you do do it.

You are taking that verse out of context. That's not what it means.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You're simply rephrasing what I said.

Nowhere did Jesus rescind that Saturday (Fri sunset to Sat sunset) was the Shabbat.

... and neither did the Christian church. If you wish to live under Judaic Law, the Sabbath is still what is has been since the time of Moses, no one ever changed it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

No, it's not clear that we're not supposed to follow the "old" Laws. Jesus said He came to fulfill not abolish. And that not one jot or tittle would expire from the Laws. The Law that he fulfilled was the Sacrificial Law. So basically any law that's violation had a death penalty or required the sacrifice of an animal, that bloodletting was made null. The Laws still stand. But our salvation isn't dependent on them. We are saved by faith, but faith without works is dead. How we uphold the Law shows the level of our faith. That's why the Most High will test our deeds in the fire on Judgment Day.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually the Catholic Church moved it to Sunday and the Protestant Movement keeps that pagan practice.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Actually the Catholic Church moved it to Sunday and the Protestant Movement keeps that pagan practice.

For the second time, no it did not. The Jewish Sabbath is unchanged by the Roman Catholic Church, which denotes Sundays as "The Lord's Day" (see Catechism of the Catholic Church for an explanation,) but allows for worship on any day of the week.

If you are disinterested in the teaching of Christ and choose to adhere to Judaic Law, you are welcome to confine your worship to the Jewish Sabbath. Just bear in mind that those who wish to live by the Law will be judged by it.

edit on 1-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Exactly! They made it the Catholic (read as Christian) sabbath!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join