It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wile e coyote at the end of his road. Bang bang…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

This coyote seems to have a major malfunction.
Tried to give him some lead supplement.
It appears the side effect is severe heart and lung leakage.
I don’t think he is going to make it.

Was bored, so I thought I would post it with a little humor.
He was out back of the house tonight.
Shot at about 95 yards.

Size as he lay in the picture
45 inches nose to tail.
32 inches nose to butt
24 inches tall from foot to the flat of his back
While he is standing prone, he would probably be over two and a half feet tall to the top of his head.

Moderate size, not close to the biggest I have seen.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Humour? There's something wrong with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Im against killing animals, unless it's the last resort.

If it's that coyote or my dog, that coyote is dead.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

If you can't laugh at any situation in one way or another, then you've lost.

For instance, 9/11. If you can't form some sort of humor around the events of 9/11 in any way possible, then you've lost to those who caused this event.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Just trying to give people a little window into the daily routines, and problems of other normal people around the world, like myself.

Don’t really mean to get the animal rights people stirred up, but that situation is kind of like the rain, it’s going to happen, no mater what you do.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I don't get it, could somone explain the joke to me? All I see is something that truly disgusts me. I can understand that on occassion you must do things like this.....However, I don't see the point in posting pictures of it, or gloating about it. Like, congradulations, you killed a small canine animal at a long distance with an unfair advantage.

Even if that was a picture of Hitler, Saddam, or any other horrible person, I would still not care to see his/her dead body. I especially wouldn't have found it funny. Just keep this in mind, if you in any way threaten they livelyhood of another, especially in the form of theft or harm, then there should be no moral qualms about shooting you dead.

Just my two cents...

edit on 9-2-2013 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
That's one of the fattest coyotes I've ever seen.
As much as I love all animals and can appreciate their beauty and role in nature they can be a severe problem for many especially farmers.
We used to hunt them when they started killing calves at the dairy farm.
If they ate your cat you wouldn't be sad to see them gone.
I hate to tell you this but you're fighting a losing battle.
For every coyote you see there's another 5 in the bushes.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

If you can't laugh at any situation in one way or another, then you've lost.

For instance, 9/11. If you can't form some sort of humor around the events of 9/11 in any way possible, then you've lost to those who caused this event.

There's also something wrong with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Silly hunters

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hmmm...so why did you kill this being? You find it funny?

Wow! No matter what reason you think you had it is not funny ending a life for any other reason than to survive.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So, just what did this coyote do to deserve this fate?

I hope there was some reason besides boredom

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In case my other posts in other threads on this subject didn’t make it clear.

Their shear existence in this area is a “clear and present danger” to the people, pets, and livestock in this area.

They have killed cows, sheep, chickens, dogs, and cats. They have attacked and injured horses. They have threatened, and stalked people, including me.

They regularly hunt in packs and take down deer.

Me, and all the people up and down the valley have a strict “shoot on sight” policy. I joined that group after I was finally pushed to the breaking point. The day I had finally had it was when I was stalked by a pack of five when I walked from the building to the house. I didn’t have a gun on me, and I was just waiting for the first one to start the attack with every step I took. I knew what it looked like when a pack would bring down a deer, and I didn’t want to die like that.

I don’t care if I am bored, or not. If I see one, he better hope he has a bullet proof vest on.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Which is why I specifically said that I can understand why you must do this on occasion. My point was more questioning why the heck you found it necessary to make a post about it where you glorify it and make a joke about it. It seems to me that you are awfully proud about it, posting those statistics on it and all. It is nothing to be proud of. Maybe if it attacked you and you took it down with your bare hands or something, then you could seek appreciation for the plight of your ideal.

If you HAD to do this, that is all good. However, just be more understanding of the true nature of your action, being something that was necessary, but not something to be proud of.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I get it…. You want that type of activity to be kept out of the public view like a good well behaved leper should be.

To view such activity with social disdain. Disgusting, but tolerated as long as it is kept out of view. You don’t want to give any impressionable young people the idea that such things are OK.

I am sorry but it doesn’t work like that.
There is nothing wrong with making a note about it on line for other people to see.
I do not care about politically correct views on the subject.
I take pride in a properly conducted ambush.
I take pride is a good clean kill.

So, yes, I am proud of it.

If you don’t like it, too bad.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be another operant conditioning thread where they'd finally banned the roadrunner cartoon character.

Out here in texas we hang 'em on the fence that goes around the cattle areas. Never seen one so fat.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People who take joy in killing animals just for fun have some mental issues.

I doubt you are going to eat that coyote...so was it just for fun?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You should be arrested for animal cruelty and imprisoned.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
You should be arrested for animal cruelty and imprisoned.

I realize it's difficult for city dwellers to appreciate the issues here. Hunting coyotes is LEGAL in many places, as it is where I live. You can shoot a coyote any time for no reason at all. I don;t know that there are bounties being paid at this point, but there have in the past. No one is going to be arrested for "animal cruelty" and imprisoned for this. If you seriously think so you'll have to get over it. Ain't gonna happen.

Coyotes are predators who normally hunt in packs. They'll eat your chickens, your livestock, your pets, or even you if they get a chance, not to mention any other wild living thiing out there. Once they target a ranch, they persist night after night until all your own animals are gone. Keeping them out of something like a chicken coop is a near impossibility. They burrow under fences or climb them.

A band of coyotes is a much worse threat to a rancher's livlihood than a bear or two or even a cougar loose in the woods. Those animals don't take much and what they do take lasts them a long time. Compared to them a band of coyotes is like a hoarde of locusts which devastates a crop. It's a war out there, one you can pretend does not exist.

The thing is you city dwellers who get your meat wrapped in cellophane where the blood of the meat is absorbed by what amounts to a tampon napkin, will freak out if a single coyote enters your neighborhood and begins to take out your cats and small dogs. You start putting up posters because your wittle wiffle-poo went missing, and when you finally figure out it might be a coyote you freak out, call all your kids indoors, and demand the cops "do something" to protect your perfect neighborhoods of cul-de-sacs.

"Animal cruelty" is when the coyotes take out your last laying hens. "Animal cruelty" is when they destroy your milk calf. "Animal cruelty" is when they corner your family cat near the barn and rip it to shreds. "Animal cruelty" is when a "single' coyote comes out of the woods and gives your dog a good run, then disappears and another 'single' coyote does the same thing until your dog is exhausted, then the entire band comes out and takes out your dog.

What a life you've got in your heat-pump cozy world, where meat and eggs magically appear for your meals and you self-righteously crticize anyone who dares defend himself and his way of life so that he might continue to feed you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh, so it's legal in your area to take them down as they attacked your animals and stalked you??

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Oh, so it's legal in your area to take them down as they attacked your animals and stalked you??

In my area, they are legal to kill no mater what the situation, no mater where you are at. If you are already in the woods hunting for some other animal during a legal hunting season, and you see one, you are free to blow it away. If you see one anywhere you can legally shoot a gun (on your own property, or you have permission from the property owner) then you are free to shoot it.

They are strictly considered a pest animal.

Back to the subject.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
That's one of the fattest coyotes I've ever seen.

Originally posted by ganjoa
Out here in texas we hang 'em on the fence that goes around the cattle areas. Never seen one so fat.
ganjoa

He is about 40 pounds.
The biggest ones I have seen came close to 30 inches tall to their back, and weighed over 60 pounds. They stay fat by ripping into the deer population during the winter.

My cousin already has the yote. He is going to tan the hide and make something out of it. He hasn’t figured exactly what yet. Depends on how good the hide comes out. The hide is in good shape. The backside wasn’t blown out, so there shouldn’t be any stitching needed to fix it up..
edit on 9-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join