It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought Obama wouldn't tax the poor or the middle class?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
You know it's bad when the NY Times is talking about taxes going up because to them Obama walks on Water while he orders Drone strikes that kill innocent children.

Can anyone really expect a mass murderer to keep his word? Can you honestly say you're surprised?

The real tragedy of this government power trip and financial maneuvering is due to the federal government openly aiding and abetting Wall Street fraud. Period. We are being forced to pay for the government's crimes. This is the only real issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We went to H&R Block and had our taxes done last week. All the preparers were talking about how they expect a lot of upset people next year when the Obamacare TAX kicks in .. and all the people who think they are getting free health care will instead get hit with tax penalties because they didnt' go out and buy the product (health care) mandated by Obama.

Expect lots and lots of ticked off people next Feb-Apr when they go to do their taxes.

Us too, when we were finished the man said I am ordered to tell you that you will be fined in 2014 if you don't have healthcare, I knew that, but my husband still doesn't believe it.

I found one site on the issue, it said lie, that they don't have the resources to investigate, it also said, it was totally illegal and the fed was worried about the repercussions of fining peoples tax refunds.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The current administration knows a storm is brewing over this issue. The only way to fix the problems with it is to send it to the House to overhaul it. They know it would be completely gutted if they do that. So their only course of action is to lie. This however leaves the Senate majority up for grabs next election cycle. It is a catch 22 situation. Expect lies in abundance over the next 2 years.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The current administration knows a storm is brewing over this issue. The only way to fix the problems with it is to send it to the House to overhaul it. They know it would be completely gutted if they do that. So their only course of action is to lie. This however leaves the Senate majority up for grabs next election cycle. It is a catch 22 situation. Expect lies in abundance over the next 2 years.

I wish this was credible, but the whole system is now fraud and corrupt. They do not know there is a storm brewing, they created the storm and the elitist punks are in on it around the world. watch the gold move folks. it is about to get down right nasty, and my resources will ensure my family survives, how about yours?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We went to H&R Block and had our taxes done last week. All the preparers were talking about how they expect a lot of upset people next year when the Obamacare TAX kicks in .. and all the people who think they are getting free health care will instead get hit with tax penalties because they didnt' go out and buy the product (health care) mandated by Obama.

Expect lots and lots of ticked off people next Feb-Apr when they go to do their taxes.

Us too, when we were finished the man said I am ordered to tell you that you will be fined in 2014 if you don't have healthcare, I knew that, but my husband still doesn't believe it.

I found one site on the issue, it said lie, that they don't have the resources to investigate, it also said, it was totally illegal and the fed was worried about the repercussions of fining peoples tax refunds.

This is what they will eventually want, they are turning legal citizens of this country into illegal ones so they can do what they want with you based on the laws, they in fact turned law abiding people into criminals. Gestapo anybody? People do not know history, but you are about to repeat it, in living color. too much ignorace in this country to fight back until you are dead or starving.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The 7 Biggest Obamacare Lies
moneymorning.com...
This comes as no surprise, this is what we get when our representatives haven't even read the document.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How the Health Insurance Mandate Penalty Will Work

Due to expected confusion in the early years of the program, more people may face penalties. But it's unclear what will happen if they don't pay them. The ACA forbids the IRS from aggressive efforts to collect the penalty from people who don't pay. The biggest stick the agency may have is to withhold tax refunds from those who owe penalties.

Insurers are required to send out notices of health coverage that will, over time, become as routine as a taxpayer's W-2 statement of taxable wages. The 2014 notices are due to consumers and the IRS by Jan. 30, 2015. But this process may experience its own learning curve, and few people are predicting that a flawless reporting system will be in place right away.

money.usnews.com...

The Penalties

The actual individual mandate penalties under the ACA are perhaps the easiest part of the program to understand:

In 2014, the annual penalty will be $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, up to a family maximum of $285 or 1 percent of family income, whichever is greater.

In 2015, the penalty will be $325 per adult and $162.50 per child, up to a family maximum of $975 or 2 percent of family income, whichever is greater.

In 2016, the penalty will be $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, up to a family maximum of $2,085 or 2.5 percent of family income, whichever is greater.

"Most people think of it as an annual penalty," notes Larry Levitt, a senior vice president at Kaiser. "But it is in fact a monthly thing, and you would pay a penalty for any month that you are uncovered."

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

How the Health Insurance Mandate Penalty Will Work

Due to expected confusion in the early years of the program, more people may face penalties. But it's unclear what will happen if they don't pay them. The ACA forbids the IRS from aggressive efforts to collect the penalty from people who don't pay. The biggest stick the agency may have is to withhold tax refunds from those who owe penalties.

People will stop filing their taxes and start evading it more. It is all a way to turn the majority into criminals so they can lead you to the gas chambers in the long run, once they work you to death. Hitler would be green with envy in what has happened to USA

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

People do have options, if they stick together and refuse to pay.

edit on 092828p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Eavel

There is no options. Most people do not understand the capabilities. You cannot hide, you cannot fight face to face with the US government. Our government has the capability to kill people in other countries without even asking to cross the border, they can kill us citizens in other countries and call it legal and constitutional, they can hold anybody here based on the title they give you, they have more gear and equipment than you could possible stand up to, your best bet is to run, keep running, and keep hiding.

They bible tells you everything that will happen, people will turn on each other, brother agaisnt brother, father against children, mother against father, etc. neighbors will turn each other in, they have already started a hotline for this a few years ago, the structure is being put into place to enslave our country and reduce our liberties to nothing. Why did this happen? Because politicians are corrupt, the rich want agenda 21 and utopia, and you mean nothing to them. On top of that, 40 years of garbage education reduced our population to morons.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What ever happened to the right to choose? Just updated health insurance, I think the problem there is False Advertisment, The insurance company makes the plans look really good, but then you look to see if you have a in network hospital and there is not one in your area. The closes in network hospital is 75 miles away, then you look to check to see about doctors, they list a few that are in your local clinics but when you check to make an appointment you find that they don't work there, the doctor is associated by Name only with the name of the hospital but not the hospital or clinic you need to use. False advertisment. Some back ground to better understand, Company Medical Plan, Rural Wisconsin, not many hospital or clinics, needed my son to see a Dermatoligist (SP), they (Cigna) posted 7 doctors in my area according to my zip code, called offices listed to find out that they don't work out of these offices and that there main office is 75 miles away, they don't travel to this location at all. Company paid according to my W-2 about $11000, I paid about $4000, Doctors visits for my son cost me $800, Insurance company did not pick up one dime, so the insurance company made $15000 for no service.

Speaking of W2, just did my takes, nothing like getting kicked in between the legs, that so called tax break they let exspire actually was a evil plot by Obama, Figure this out, your Gross income during the last year was being taked at the 2.5% then it jumped up to 4.5% at the last minute, so when you go do your taxes, your are being taxes at the 4.5% for the whole year so every penny they gave us a break on they want back today, needless to say everyones Federal Return will be a lot smaller, Now you know why the IRS waited until Jan 31 before they would start excepting returns.

So what is more evil, this stupid OBAMA CARE or TAXES that all politicians lied about

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He will go after deduction and credits next. He needs more money to support his habit. How can he raise money without raising taxes. We all no he is opposed to job creation and "shovel ready jobs". So, kiss your deductions goodbye. Child/dependent deductions, daycare, mortgage interest, etc etc. You will see those reduced by fractions...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

reply to post by Eavel

There is no options. Most people do not understand the capabilities. You cannot hide, you cannot fight face to face with the US government. Our government has the capability to kill people in other countries without even asking to cross the border, they can kill us citizens in other countries and call it legal and constitutional, they can hold anybody here based on the title they give you, they have more gear and equipment than you could possible stand up to, your best bet is to run, keep running, and keep hiding.

They bible tells you everything that will happen, people will turn on each other, brother agaisnt brother, father against children, mother against father, etc. neighbors will turn each other in, they have already started a hotline for this a few years ago, the structure is being put into place to enslave our country and reduce our liberties to nothing. Why did this happen? Because politicians are corrupt, the rich want agenda 21 and utopia, and you mean nothing to them. On top of that, 40 years of garbage education reduced our population to morons.

You do know that this requires the entire military and police to pull off right? And Alot of them would not do this according to polling over the years.The ones who follow their oaths of office and uphold the constitution outnumber the morons who follow the say so of their uncle sam with no question. ANd why are you quoting the bible? it was not just in revelation that that just happens. Its human nature to betray others when you are motivated by greed,or any other of the deadly sins.

Of course you will dismiss this all as a un educated opinion because its easier to sterotype than it is to read and understand now a days but Its your right to.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is not a surprise to a great many people - we knew exactly what his agenda was/is even before 2008. Everyone was warned, but no, he got in because he is black and made lofty promises he couldn't possibly keep even if he DID mean what he was saying.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by sonnny1

People who don't learn from mistakes pay the price, becareful to whom you vote for next time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The payroll tax isn't an increase...it is a return to normal.

The Right Wing complained when Obama put this payroll tax relief into place because they cried about the deficit...now it expires (like it always was supposed to), and they are acting outraged and surprised by it.

If any of you in this thread are outraged or surprised that the payroll tax went back to normal...you only have your own ignorance to blame, because everyone should have known that this was TEMPORARY.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Eavel

reply to post by Eavel

You do know that this requires the entire military and police to pull off right? And Alot of them would not do this according to polling over the years.The ones who follow their oaths of office and uphold the constitution outnumber the morons who follow the say so of their uncle sam with no question. ANd why are you quoting the bible? it was not just in revelation that that just happens. Its human nature to betray others when you are motivated by greed,or any other of the deadly sins.

Of course you will dismiss this all as a un educated opinion because its easier to stereotype than it is to read and understand now a days but Its your right to.

I wish that was true, but it is not. The military is going to be gutted, complete ruined based on budgeting. I am military, and I will tell you right now, most will do whatever it takes to feed their families. you just wait

Obama is making a force that will have a budget of DoD budget in 2008, that includes the 1 trillion that was already cut out.

Get a clue libtard
edit on 9-2-2013 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The raise is not a raise...it states clearly that it was part of a temp stimulus that artificially lowered taxes a bit on payroll for awhile...it was set to expire, yes..it needs to expire.

what the hell is wrong with people. if you get a coupon for a dollar off a 3 dollar burger, you get a burger for 2 bucks and eat happily...
you don't then expect forever the burger will be 2 bucks...get over it you morons..see, this is the entitlement bs people claim...give a quick stimulus injection and suddenly you want it forever.

Hense why the entitlement party (the republicans) have been demanding the bush stimulus tax cuts are made permanent.
(see what I did there?)

So no, in this regard, Obama didn't lie...people are just not paying attention.
edit on 9-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

But if people actually used logic...what would they be faux outraged about???

It's a mental condition...certain people will oppose Obama on anything he does...because they are intellectually handicapped and just do what the Right Wing media tells them to.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The raise is not a raise...it states clearly that it was part of a temp stimulus that artificially lowered taxes a bit on payroll for awhile...it was set to expire, yes..it needs to expire.

what the hell is wrong with people. if you get a coupon for a dollar off a 3 dollar burger, you get a burger for 2 bucks and eat happily...
you don't then expect forever the burger will be 2 bucks...get over it you morons..see, this is the entitlement bs people claim...give a quick stimulus injection and suddenly you want it forever.

Hense why the entitlement party (the republicans) have been demanding the bush stimulus tax cuts are made permanent.
(see what I did there?)

So no, in this regard, Obama didn't lie...people are just not paying attention.
edit on 9-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

You are right, normal everyday purchases don't work like this. However the government sure does. Remember the bailouts? Well that was supposed to be a one time thing, except it wasn't. The following year and years thereafter the government continued spending at this higher amount like it was the norm.

Well I for one sure don't plan on buying any of this required insurance and I sure won't pay any fines. I am getting madder and madder by the day at our government. The government better start watching its step because if they continue down this path they will have a full scale Revolution on their hands. Screw the Civil War terminology, that implies that the establishment won. Call it a Revolution and a fight for freedom and liberty.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by orionthehunter

The Healthcare Bill started in the Senate. Since SCOTUS ruled it a tax, it should have started in the House. This makes it unconstitutional in my mind. Why is it not being revisited by SCOTUS on those grounds?

In this day and age of information...how are you so woefully mis-informed??? Oh that's right, you get your information from Right Wing media who make billions of dollars lying to gulible people.

Documented fact, the bill was started in the House....Sponsored by REPRESENTATIVE Charlese Rangel. It's OFFICIAL name is "H.R. 3590 - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"....H.R. stands for HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

www.govtrack.us...

Not even the major reconciled amendment to the bill was started in the Senate.

www.govtrack.us...

So please, stop repeating this 100% false information.

Not that you are going to let documented fact sway your belief...I'm sure you will still trust your talking heads more than the official congressional record.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join