Barrie officer seen punching man in head on video

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Barrie officer seen punching man in head on video

www.torontosun.com

A Barrie police officer was captured on video delivering repeated blows to a man’s head as he lay pinned facedown on the ground with his arms behind his back — all because of a broken Christmas ornament.
The troubling video, which was played in court on Wednesday, shows Const. Jason Nevill speaking to the man and then suddenly beating him to the ground.

Nevill is now on trial, charged with assault causing bodily harm, fabricating the evidence against the victim and obstruction of justice
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thebarrieexami ner.com

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hello from Canada!
I am from Orillia, Ontario which is about a half hour north of Barrie, which in turn is about 45 minutes north of Toronto Ontario. I heard about this not too long ago and was absolutely disgusted that something like this happened so close to home!

The worst part about it was this was the officer's second case of beating a suspect. He better get a lot more than a slap on the wrist for this one.

www.torontosun.com
edit on 8-2-2013 by Tylerknight because: Forgot to include Canada

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
Hello from Canada!
I am from Orillia, Ontario which is about a half hour north of Barrie, which in turn is about 45 minutes north of Toronto Ontario. I heard about this not too long ago and was absolutely disgusted that something like this happened so close to home!

The worst part about it was this was the officer's second case of beating a suspect. He better get a lot more than a slap on the wrist for this one.

www.torontosun.com
edit on 8-2-2013 by Tylerknight because: Forgot to include Canada

Do they ever get anything worse than that? Or yeah, they get a slap on the wrist and then suspended WITH pay. FTP

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Police should not only be held to the same standards as civilians but should actually be held to a much higher standard because of their position. When this happens there should never even be a question as to the punishment...same as any civilian and perhaps even a little more for breaching the public's trust that they were given to uphold.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I couldn't agree more, its unfortunate that it usually goes the exact opposite. If you are willing to take on the responsibility of serving and protecting, well, when you don't serve and protect the punishment should be severe.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
reply to post by jude11

I couldn't agree more, its unfortunate that it usually goes the exact opposite. If you are willing to take on the responsibility of serving and protecting, well, when you don't serve and protect the punishment should be severe.

They should be tried in a people's court with a civilian jury because after all, we pay their salaries. The judge should only be there to guide the process and allow the jury to mete out the punishment to their employee.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Agreed, they should definitely be charged to the full length of the law just like a standard citizen would... with additional charges for breach of trust, violation of professional ethics, breaking of contractual agreement, etc etc.

They, even more so than the general public, are to be held at a certain standard of conduct according to the oath they fully understood and accepted regarding their upholding of all laws at all times, when they were sworn into their professions.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This guy getting beat is the newest millionaire.
We could all be so lucky.

There's clear footage of him getting tossed and beat down while cuffed.
Cha-ching.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Police should not only be held to the same standards as civilians but should actually be held to a much higher standard because of their position. When this happens there should never even be a question as to the punishment...same as any civilian and perhaps even a little more for breaching the public's trust that they were given to uphold.

Peace

As most often is the case, I couldn't agree more. The only thing I differ on, is the degree of punishment. The only way we will ever see integrity, in any way is, to make the punishment for law makers and law enforcers at least ten fold of the ordinary citizen. Ones who truly wish to serve will apply. Those who seek to benefit from their position, will likely be deterred from trying to get ahead artificially.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

A cop is on trial for a crime he committed? Obviously, this isnt the US.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Crazy right? I couldn't believe it either, but the police chief has come out and stated that there will be an internal investigation regarding evidence and that the cop got rid of the blood on the pavement etc. This might be the first actual victory as far as stupid power hungry cops getting what they deserve!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Jason Nevill, your nothing more than a thug with a badge, a disgrace to the uniform. You added to the hatred and mistrust citizens have for the police, you just made the job for all other officers that much more difficult when working with the public.

NO DONUTS FOR YOU!!!

new topics
top topics

join