It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Seeing as the structures often appear right at the horizon of the moon where it enters into the dark side

Funny thing about that. You ever notice how shadows get long and mountain peaks are illuminated at sunrise and sunset?

The shadows of the objects really isn't what grabs my attention. It's the clearly spherical nature of the objects mounted at the top of these objects which makes me really wonder. I don't buy your sunlit peak theory at all I'm afraid. Watching those two amateur videos and then correlating them to the official evidence we do have is enough to convince me of a conspiracy, until I see anything which can truly debunk this footage.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It's the clearly spherical nature of the objects mounted at the top of these objects which makes me really wonder.

How you see something "clearly spherical" in an overzoomed screen grab from a youtube video makes me really wonder.

edit on 2/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

I have looked, however there is no use wasting too much time on the LROC site as at max zoom, this is the scale given
You are not seeing high resolution LROC images by using the base map. Take some time to learn how the website works.

Wasting the time required to learn such a retardedly user-unfriendly site as that one to eventually find some censored/altered pics of areas is hardly worth it. Not only would you be required to know the exact coordinates to get any higher resolution pics than the base map ones, you would also need alot of other arbitrary info such as exact date(?) and if nothing is found with those exact parameters, you get nothing with no explanation or error msg returned. The designer of such an user-unfriendly interface should be shot, IMHO.

And your advice on using Google moon... please, the resolution they use is laughable at best and the areas does not even resemble the areas from other software such as starry nights pro, trying to find the same area in google moon is almost impossible by just looking at terrain and features.

edit on 9-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

It's the clearly spherical nature of the objects mounted at the top of these objects which makes me really wonder.

How you see something "clearly spherical" makes me really wonder.

Have you properly watched the two amateur videos I uploaded on the first page? Even the screenshots from those videos which I posted on the first page show the spherical peaks on these objects, especially the large one to the left... but when you watch the video running it becomes easier to make out the shapes. How you can't see them is the real question. I think you're just in denial now.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Wasting the time required to learn such a retardedly user-unfriendly site as that one to eventually find some censored/altered pics of areas is hardly worth it.

Wah wah wah. Poor baby.
I can get images of any location I want from that site. But of course (big surprise) you claim they are censored because the "shard" won't show up.

trying to find the same area in google moon is almost impossible by just looking at terrain and features.

Yes. It takes a bit of effort to learn to recognize features on the Moon.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Have you properly watched the two amateur videos I uploaded on the first page?

Yes.
Have you ever, in your life, looked at the Moon through a telescope?
Did you see this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The image was taken during the Lunar Orbiter 3 mission and the original is here (TIFF too). NASA dropped the Surveyer 6 to explore the Sinus Medii plains where 'The Shard' is alleged to be looming up to a height of anything from 1 to 1.5 miles.

I notice that some members in this thread are really keen on keeping the idea alive and insisting that there's a gap of possibility that this massive artefact is up there. Sure, it's possible for someone like NASA to hide the images and pretend it's 'not really there,' but where is the evidence for that?

An obvious question would be why would they? Wouldn't a potentially unnatural structure be the tipping point towards an economic boom-time for aerospace and space archaeology? Since when were scientists 'scared' of exploration? Why would a force like the USA ignore the attractive possibilities of actually visiting a purportedly artificial structure?

If these questions can only be answered with conspiracy-talk, it's more than likely there's no such structure as 'The Shard.' NASA and other space agencies would have been sending manned missions to the Sinus Medii instead of everywhere else. Logically, it doesn't exist and that answers Athlon's question.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you ever, in your life, looked at the Moon through a telescope?

A couple of times.

Did you see this?

Yes I have seen that thread before actually and I thought it was laughably ridiculous. Obviously it was just a light illusion. But there are three important differences here:

1) The two videos being discussed here are looking at a point on the horizon where the shadow ends quickly. The video in that thread you linked to is looking at a point on the moon where the shadow is moving across the face of the moon.
2) The zoomage is much lower in the other video.
3) We don't see any weird spherical looking effects in the other video.

The area of the moon being looked at and the level of zoom are important when we consider what these objects might be. I'll admit there may be a small chance that these spherical looking structures are merely a weird lighting effect caused maybe by a tall crater edge or something. But just looking at these different images we have, I have to lean towards the conclusion that these aren't simply light illusions. Now I understand you obviously aren't going to agree with that opinion, since you appear to align with the conformist mainstream explanation on almost everything, but I'm allowed to have my opinion. I think it's important to remember that neither Phage's opinion nor my opinion are conclusive explanations of what we see here, they're just opinions.
edit on 9/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I find this thread intriguing, however I'm not enjoying the arrogance of a specific well respected member. Who pi$$ed on your chips today???

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I notice that some members in this thread are really keen on keeping the idea alive and insisting that there's a gap of possibility that this massive artefact is up there. Sure, it's possible for someone like NASA to hide the images and pretend it's 'not really there,' but where is the evidence for that?

An obvious question would be why would they? Wouldn't a potentially unnatural structure be the tipping point towards an economic boom-time for aerospace and space archaeology? Since when were scientists 'scared' of exploration? Why would a force like the USA ignore the attractive possibilities of actually visiting a purportedly artificial structure?

What you are forgetting is that some people live their life in the belief that everything is a lie. It is much more "exciting" to keep the tale of an anomaly alive by ignoring the analysis rather than admit...Oh it's that perfectly ordinary thing misconstrued at the time because....That reality check is boring and totally contradicts the conspiracy mindset.

Now here is the really wacky thing. An admission of an alien lunar outpost would result in a frenzied attempt to get there from many countries and take advantage of any technology. With all the space activity in China would it not make sense to have a publicly funded and supported effort to get there BEFORE the Chinese? Of course it would , anyone with half a brain knows that. Even if there is a conspiracy of cover-up it would still benefit that fictitious conspiracy to have a publicly funded project. Basically the conspiracy ends up its own ar.e.

I will now duck as the lunar alien conspiracists get all agitated.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can get images of any location I want from that site.

I bet your momma is very proud of you. But instead of bragging, maybe you would care to "show" us the area in question at the highest possible resolution available (date really does not matter, since i doubt such an ancient moon tower would change much over the matter of a few days or even years).

I am sure there are plenty here that would appreciate such an gesture.

But somehow i doubt you can... As that would probably make another "flaw" visible right?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

True enough. It's an exciting notion to imagine an expedition to explore an alien super-structure. If that happened in my life, it would rank as one of the greatest historical moments for mankind. Just the media deals would pay for a lot of costs for such a mission and the live-feed or documentary would probably be the most-viewed show in history.

But nope, it's more reasonable to imagine scientists as having no curiosity at all.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Ok guys phage estimates is that the shard if it existed (posulating) would be about 7ºW 3.5ºS.
Does anyone else have any estimates of it locations?

In that longer amateur video the guy zooms out and shows where he was filming. Here's a screenshot from that video with a circle representing the area on the moon where he was filming:

Now if I'm not mistaken, and if I'm understanding this coordinate system correctly, we might have some luck if we try looking around the general vicinity of 44ºE 15ºN.

edit on 9/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Appears to be something....Was'nt there suppose to be glass towers or structures on the moon too?

With the time span we are talking about (billions of years?), since the Earth/ Moon formation/relationship, Im sure that one of the many many asteroids we are told that are one mile long and shaped like a spear etc, that at some stage in the eons, that a spear shaped structure may have impacted with the moon, at such an odd angle, that it may be half buried in the moon's surface and have half of it sticking out, looking like some type of structure.

We know there are some awful big craters on Earth from eons ago, but because of our atmosphere/erosion etc, probably dont show the full detail of what a disaster they caused.

The Moon doesnt have this erosion, other than impact "Erosion" of millions of years.

Why cant this just be a shard of rock, imbedded in the moons surface, a billion years ago??.

I do agree tho, stop wasting money on the Military and invading other country's, and build a flying saucer to go up there and have good look this time.

What about all the various "Lunar geo mapping satellites" that have been sent up there in the last 10+ years...surely they have a better picture of this phenom.....The Japanese?, Euros?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by yorkshirelad

True enough. It's an exciting notion to imagine an expedition to explore an alien super-structure. If that happened in my life, it would rank as one of the greatest historical moments for mankind. Just the media deals would pay for a lot of costs for such a mission and the live-feed or documentary would probably be the most-viewed show in history.

But nope, it's more reasonable to imagine scientists as having no curiosity at all.

I fear you are overlooking some obvious matters here, that unfortunately take precedence over basic (public)curiosity. Matters like national security for example(that seem to take precedence over all other aspects lately, at least to the U.S)

Take this scenario for example: Nasa found the tower 30 years ago(or so). It was obviously of alien design, but long since abandoned. As such the technology would not be permitted to fall in the hands of the enemy, over fears that they would gain access to potentially devastating technologies, and as such the matter was handled in a very secretive fashion. All evidence was suppressed, nothing was allowed to leak that it even existed, meanwhile they sent scientists and explorer up there themselves to explore and salvage what they could to gain the advantage.

If this scenario is true, would not the rest make more sense than what we are being fed?

Now the truth might of course be something different entirely, but there are many possible scenarios where this tower is real possible, despite us knowing so little about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I fear you are overlooking some obvious facts here, that unfortunately take precedence over basic (public)curiosity. Matters like national security.

No, not overlooking that; I just don't think it's an idea to seriously entertain. Much of the Space Race was predicated on competition, bragging rights and scientific exploration. Discovering something that appeals to all three doesn't really support the secrecy/conspiracy explanation.

As I pointed out, it also wouldn't explain why subsequent missions by NASA, Roscosmos or others have been everywhere but the Sinus Medii. Even if there was an intent to deceive or deny, it makes sense that a manned base would be out there by now operating under false pretences. The utter and ongoing lack of interest in the area is the best evidence that nothing is there. Conversely, the ongoing Mars missions are hard to explain in the light of an artificial structure on the Moon.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

I fear you are overlooking some obvious facts here, that unfortunately take precedence over basic (public)curiosity. Matters like national security.

No, not overlooking that; I just don't think it's an idea to seriously entertain. Much of the Space Race was predicated on competition, bragging rights and scientific exploration. Discovering something that appeals to all three doesn't really support the secrecy/conspiracy explanation.

As I pointed out, it also wouldn't explain why subsequent missions by NASA, Roscosmos or others have been everywhere but the Sinus Medii. Even if there was an intent to deceive or deny, it makes sense that a manned base would be out there by now operating under false pretences. The utter and ongoing lack of interest in the area is the best evidence that nothing is there. Conversely, the ongoing Mars missions are hard to explain in the light of an artificial structure on the Moon.

The Mars missions are a useful distraction for the public, to make them believe that is all there is. Ever heard of the black budget? It is far larger than any yearly grants to NASA. Also how much do you know about the Naval Space Command? There are alot of hidden resources that might be dedicated to explore these things concerning national security that are NOT desirable to have the public(and thereby the enemy) involved in it´s exploration. The public is the same as the enemy, from a national security viewpoint. Spies are killed quite frequently behind the scenes, why would they even be needed if all information was public knowledge?.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I wander if the "Shard" anomaly is the same "Reiner Gamma" crater Anomaly....

Thanks Arken the first time i have heard about this anomaly and it looks very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

If these questions can only be answered with conspiracy-talk, it's more than likely there's no such structure as 'The Shard.' NASA and other space agencies would have been sending manned missions to the Sinus Medii instead of everywhere else. Logically, it doesn't exist and that answers Athlon's question.

The only way to conclusively put this debate to a rest so that supporters and non proponents of the shard concede the truth an answer one way or the other is too agree upon the coordinate position of the Shard and then ask Nasa for the high resolution pictures of the region around the coordinate. Your argument considers Nasa, Government, Military or private enterprise has no reason to conspire to hold back the truth of the Shard. Asking Nasa for the high resolution pictures will test that argument but it is important we get ourselves in agreement on the coordinate position of the Shard.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You keep referencing the fact that this object would be so massive that it would not take such a high resolution image to find. Mountains are also quite massive and at the pixel density you describe would be clearly visible in the lroc photos you linked.
Please end this confusion and just post us a picture of the mountain and the crater since you know so much.
Your own arguement is the fact that objects on the moon are easily identified and you have mocked others for not finding such identification so easy, So please phage show us this mountain peak that you have identified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join