It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NeoVain

What is obtainable from that site is not very impressive or even sufficiently detailed to qualify as satisfactory to fill my request, as you probably know.
Anything that doesn't show a tower will not be sufficient to fill your request.

where even google has far more impressive pics with resolutions making individual houses and cars visible on earth at resolutions far greater.
The very high resolution images on Google Earth are taken from aircraft. Satellite images for commercial use are restricted by the DoD to a resolution of 0.5 meters. Images from LROC have resolutions as high as 0.25 meters.

So why these crappy wide-area low detail pics?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Alright, i can buy that, awesome thread btw, i obviously missed that one.

One thing left to explain though. This "tower" is supposed to be several kilometers large, (i have heard anything from 1-5 km) which means it should be able to find it taking up considerably more pixels than the lousy pics we have so far if your statement is true that the LROC can have resolutions as high as 0.25 meters/pixel. This basically means we should be able to find a pic somewhere detailing "it" or at least the area with as many pixels as 4000(1km tower) to 20000 pixels(5km tower) and this is only on ONE axis, one dimension(height), not even accounting for the width of the object.. So even if this is a "sunlit peak", we should be able to find a picture of if with at least 4k pixels somewhere right? These are the pictures i am talking about, they seem to not be available to the public..

edit on 9-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Video provided in page 1 also shows the shard object but in low resolution. Thats a second piece of collaborating evidence there is something tall protuding from the moon. Its definitely worth a follow up look with High resolution picture. if nothing is there fine, or if it turns out to be a piece of broken asteriod stuck on moon also fine.

Nasa appears to be the only ones who can provide a high resolution picture and with all the satelites sent by them to moon in past to survey its features i dont think its a unrealistic request they provide one if requested by public (after all Nasa is funded by US public taxpayers).

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

These are the pictures i am talking about, they seem to not be available to the public..

You haven't really looked, have you?
Why not start with Google Moon? It's good for a quick survey of the area.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The video is of something else in an entirely different location.

Nasa appears to be the only ones who can provide a high resolution picture and with all the satelites sent by them to moon in past to survey its features i dont think its a unrealistic request they provide one if requested by public (after all Nasa is funded by US public taxpayers).

Did you ask?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you ask?

No i havent because i know they are not been made available in the Public arena yet. Why do i know because i am certainly not the first person to be seeking more detailed pictures of this anomally. There are numerous other websites/threads on internet that are looking at this exact anomally as well and not one i could see had any more detailed pictures.

In fact that brings me back to the orignal intention of my thread question, why arnt these high resolution pics of the shard location in the public square. If they have been made available and no one knows this yet then mabey Ats can be the first to make the breakthrough.

edit on 9-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

No i havent because i know they are not been made available in the Public arena yet.

Really? You know it. No images of the area at all.
Do you even know the coordinates of the location? Even roughly? Have you bothered to do any research of your own at all?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Really?
Do you know the coordinates of the location? Even roughly? Have you bothered to do any research of your own at all?

No i dont but websites identify is in image Lunar Orbiter frame LO-III-84-M. And obviously seeing the video in page 1 some people have narrowed down where it on moon because they have also managed to get a low resolution picture of it. If somebody reading this thread is aware of the exact coordinates please post. I will see if i can find them myself with some googling.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NeoVain

These are the pictures i am talking about, they seem to not be available to the public..

You haven't really looked, have you?
Why not start with Google Moon? It's good for a quick survey of the area.

I have looked, however there is no use wasting too much time on the LROC site as at max zoom, this is the scale given

10 km at 0.25m/pixel should be 40k pixels. Does that picture look like it is 40k pixel large on the horizontal axis to you? Hint: if it fit on your monitor, it is way less

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I have looked, however there is no use wasting too much time on the LROC site as at max zoom, this is the scale given
You are not seeing high resolution LROC images by using the base map. Take some time to learn how the website works.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps because there is no "shard" there

There is no shard there ? Let me help you with this

Watch this video posted earlier by our member

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

No i dont but websites identify is in image Lunar Orbiter frame LO-III-84-M. And obviously seeing the video in page 1 some people have narrowed down where it on moon because they have also managed to get a low resolution picture of it.

I see. So you really don't know anything about it at all.
What is the location of frame 3084M (the correct designation)? Don't know?
There is only one image of the region from Lunar Orbiter 3. It is a medium resolution (as opposed to high resolution). All you have seen is different versions of the same image. The video is of an entirely different location and shows a sunlit mountain peak.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wolveriine

Yes, we talked about that earlier.
The video is of an entirely different location on the moon and shows a sunlit mountain peak.

Here is another example.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you, it seems to have worked extremely well, i got 500kb/s throughout the download and i now have both files. !

I also took the liberty to re-upload it to youtube.

Here it is.

THAT is an amazingly good video. look at all that stuff!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The purpose of me writing this thread is to debate why there is no pictures of this thing. I agree a methodical approach is required to establish facts, and to accomplish this correctly and in an unbiased way the next step is to establish a coordinate position on the moon where this thing is positoned.

After that request a high resolution picture from Nasa as once we are able to provide a coordinate position it shouldnt be a burden for them to make available detailed resolution pictures of the region containing the coordinate location.

It appears to me the answer to the shard mystery is two fold. 1. Identifying a coordinate location. 2. then have Nasa provide public on request high detailed pictures of say 10 squred kilometers around that point.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

It appears to me the answer to the shard mystery is two fold. 1. Identifying a coordinate location. 2. then have Nasa provide public on request high detailed pictures of say 10 squred kilometers around that point.

Sheesh. I linked the map here:
I make the location of the "shard" to be at about 7ºW 3.5ºS.
I gave you the source for the high resolution LROC images.
Do something on your own...please. Narrow it down. Look for the image(s) you want. But the "shard" is enormous. It's something like 200 km from the camera. It would not take a very high resolution image to find it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do something on your own...please. Narrow it down. Look for the image(s) you want. But the "shard" is enormous. It would not take a very high resolution image to find it. ote]
Text

Thanks for the info i will look at it. I would like to add the one useful purpose of creating this thread is to open up exactly the sources of information such as you are providing. Once all the info is in one spot then it allows in slower time to go through it and assess its strength/veracity on its own merits.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is just my opinion on the matter, but asking NASA for high resolution images of that area will result in 1 of 3 things:

1) They ignore the request.
2) They refuse the request.
3) They supply fake/altered images of the area.

If there is in fact a tall artificial structure there, or rather two structures, and I think there probably is, it would be a highly classified matter. They aren't about to just hand us the evidence on a silver platter. And it's highly unlikely there will be anything else available from any of the official sources, other than the LO-III images we already have. That's why we need to rely on amateur astronomers like these guys which have managed to film it with their backyard equipment. Seeing as the structures often appear right at the horizon of the moon where it enters into the dark side, you might also need to be located on a certain part of Earth at specific times to get a good shot of it with low tech gear.
edit on 9/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Seeing as the structures often appear right at the horizon of the moon where it enters into the dark side

Funny thing about that. You ever notice how shadows get long and mountain peaks are illuminated at sunrise and sunset?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Apparently its a world wide conspiracy as we are not the only one that have orbited and photographed the moon.... so...... why did we stop going there and will China's imminent trip there within the next couple of years cause any problems or gain them something fantastic?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Do something on your own...please. Narrow it down. Look for the image(s) you want. But the "shard" is enormous. It would not take a very high resolution image to find it. ote]
Text

Ok guys phage estimates is that the shard if it existed (posulating) would be about 7ºW 3.5ºS.
Does anyone else have any estimates of it locations?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join