It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
No it hasnt been posted. Please provide a coordinate position where Shard is located.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Does that mean that you haven't read my posts yet?

Link?

I'm sorry, ArMap. I really, really do not have time to root though this thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I made an initial estimate of 7W 3.5S based on the LO3 image coverage chart. Armap found a "shardie" site with close to the same. On closer consideration though, I put it more like 6W 2S

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

The "shard" can be seen on the horizon and there is a landmark in the picture with a known location.
Mare Orientale is labeled in the picture and it is located at:
LAT 19.4S
Long 92.8W

Tardacus reckons its LAT 19.4S Long 92.8W. The coordinates provided so far i consider to be speculative. If you have additional information that allows us to collaborate this or another coordinate position it will be helpful.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Can this be the coordinates of the shard ?

The coordinates of the shard are approximately 3 to 4 degrees South and between 5 and 6 degrees West

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Tardacus is talking to something entirely different. Something on an image from Zond 3 on the far side of the Moon.
Why he thinks its the same thing I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveriine

Close enough
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That puts it somewhere in the upper center portion of this image. As has been pointed out more than once.
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
You can recognize craters Bruce and Blagg in the upper right. They are the craters prominent in image 3084.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The original uploader of this video which you were talking earlier namely ' Saintsdola ' has been identified

His current youtube name is iamthatiam1974

Huge structure on the moon's horizon...filmed with a celestron 130 SLT telescope and an 18mm eyepiece

www.youtube.com...

This case was submitted to MUFON on 2012-01-05

Case no . 34641

www.mufon.com...

edit on 13-2-2013 by wolveriine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Phage has answered most of the questions if not all in this thread.

Why does it still exist. Why does anyone still care. Oh yes. The "shard"!!! I forgot!!! You only need the "shard" to keep life interesting when you fail to acknowledge real bona fide mysteries.

Mystery does exist. It just requires a careful eye with some scientific method backing it...

We all want mystery to be cheap. Hollywood cheap. But real mystery requires more from us.
edit on 13-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Why does it still exist. Why does anyone still care.

Simple.

Because it cannot be proven, absolutely, without a doubt, for sure. completely, that the "shard" is a flaw in a photograph which was taken by a camera on an early spacecraft, using photographic film, automatically chemically processed and scanned on that spacecraft then transmitted as an analog television signal to Earth and reconstituted from a series of strips to produce the image that is being so expertly analysed by people who don't understand how shadows are produced.

So, as long as there is the slightest possibility that the "shard" might be an actual physical object a thousand meters or more in height, even though it doesn't appear in other photographs of the region...

It's probably really, really real.

And the fact that NASA refuses to provide close up images of it, proves it.

Is the right word, "hope"?

edit on 2/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At least he is making an effort and actually putting time into his work. I'm sure even you Phage can respect that, even if Sander is not always spot on with his conclusions.

This part of my last post was actually a little trap for you Phage, to see if you could get over that giant ego of yours and admit something. But no, once again you reply with a clever little one liner and get plenty of stars for it too

Another reason ATS is going down the drain...
edit on 13-2-2013 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

It was pretty good though, you have to admit.
Chasing your tail...meaningless waste of time...get it?
But Sander being worthwhile? That really was a good one.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Phage has answered most of the questions if not all in this thread.

Being the OP of this thread i think its ok for me to say that he hasnt answered all the questions in this thread although his contribution is valued in this debate.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Athlon, for some reason the NASA warriors didn't comment on your shadow point......
I woudn't really mind to consider the Shard and the shadow as two different formations, but it does look as thou the nearby crater's shadows are consistent with the Shard's shadow direction.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

Athlon, for some reason the NASA warriors didn't comment on your shadow point......
I woudn't really mind to consider the Shard and the shadow as two different formations, but it does look as thou the nearby crater's shadows are consistent with the Shard's shadow direction.

Yes true and its one of the loose ends which are still open in the debate. No matter, i think this debate is just warming up and still has some way to go.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yes true and its one of the loose ends which are still open in the debate.

Not unless you can explain what light source would produce that "shadow".
You misinterpreted the crater shadows before and you are still doing so.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The Sun is on the right. The right rims of the craters are shading the right side of the craters.

I understand the concept and when i look at the crater which i circled in red (on right) i can see its outer rim edge is highest on the left side of crater (as looking into picture). Therefore the shadow is casting in the same direction as shard indicated by arrow.

And in the circle on left you can see two shallow craters on a hill rise and yes the shadows in both are consistent with the sun casting a shadows in the same right direction as shard.

In this picture below its obvious which direction sun is illuminating moon face from and as we move closer to the darkside we see the shadows growing from left to right looking into the page. Now look back at them two little craters i circled. No doubt about it the sun is on left looking into page and the shard is casting in the correct direction.

edit on 11-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not unless you can explain what light source would produce that "shadow".
You misinterpreted the crater shadows before and you are still doing so.

Phage happy to debate through the shard shadow again. Refer to the points i made in post directly above. If i am misinterpreting something there please explain why?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Nasa use the money frome where? exactlly, so you people must insist for them to show them what they got.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It might be for the same reason there is no NASA picture of the 'crashed' space ship on the other side of the moon.... it doesn't exist?

There is certainly more proof to the contrary than there is proof that it "doesn´t exist". No idea how you got those stars for such an ignorant post, on a forum where the motto "deny ignorance" is held in such high regard.

(talking about the tower here, not the spaceship)
edit on 8-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

what a strange thing to say? what do you mean? look, it's there in the videos and screenshots. what are you implying exactly? it isnt?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have it near 4°23′ S 8°13′ W on the east rim/ejecta blanket of Lalande crater on the near side of the Moon.

Lunar Orbiter III was 46.75km over Sinus Medii when it took the OP photo looking west.

From that altitude, the horizon was ~400km away - just the right distance to Lalande:

Looking closer, we can see a distinctive rille, Rima Flamarion with the crater Flamarion C at its eastern end:

Here are the two view annotated so that you can match features. Not that Lalande is on the horizon. The yellow line runs from Flamarion C to the area of the "Shard".

(Note: Sorry for the sloppy annotation. It was a rush-job)

Apollo 12 & 14 both took 70mm Hasselblad images of the area. Apollo 16 took a bunch with its large-format Mapping (Metric) camera. I wanted to annotate thumbnails of these, but I'm out of time. Lalande is easy to find, based on the above images.

AS12-50-7435 (East is up)
AS14-70-9808 (East is to the lower left)
AS14-70-9809 (East is to the lower left)

The Mapping camera images have a zoom-able interface. East is to the right in all of them:
AS16-M-0847
AS16-M-0848
AS16-M-0849
AS16-M-0850
AS16-M-0851
AS16-M-1410
AS16-M-1411
AS16-M-1412
AS16-M-1413
AS16-M-1414
AS16-M-1415
AS16-M-1416

I misspoke earlier. LROC has imaged the area with its Wide Angle Camera...

...but it hasn't yet imaged the eastern rim & ejecta blanket with the Narrow Angle Camera.

So the central premise of the OP is not correct: NASA has repeatedly imaged the area many times from manned & unmanned missions, and has released these images to the public.

The ESA, Japan, India & China have also mapped the Moon. Why doesn't anyone ever bitch at them to release more photos?
edit on 13-2-2013 by Saint Exupery because: Corrected latitude from "north" to "south".

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join