It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stress + Alcohol + ATS = Apology Time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just woke up from the best sleep I've had in Months. My apology turned out to be very therapeutic.
I highly recommend it.

I have to say that I'm very surprised and more than a little humbled by all the members who took their time to share a kind word of support and understanding. To be honest I wasn't expecting much more than a few replies and most of those to be somewhat negative. I should never doubt the quality of some of you fantastic people out there.
It won't happen again.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!

Peace to all.

Jude11

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think stress + "whiskey" + ATS = apologies, slightly more accurate.
My usual is Jim Beam. Beer doesn't stimulate my guilty feeling programing like whiskey does.

I did my apology thread 2 months ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're a seasoned member, don't sweat it, you're well liked round these parts.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by jude11

I think stress + "whiskey" + ATS = apologies, slightly more accurate.
My usual is Jim Beam. Beer doesn't stimulate my guilty feeling programing like whiskey does.

I did my apology thread 2 months ago...

You're a seasoned member, don't sweat it, you're well liked round these parts.

I remember the thread and in fact I was the first to post a reply.

Been feeling guilty for awhile now.

Thanks for reminding me of how long I've been an ass...

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i find that being drunk all the time and being equally rude to eveyone is the way forward.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Youre a good egg, Jude. It was noticeable that something was up.. I know the thread youre probably talking about... as it was different than you usually speak or express yourself. Lord knows we all are guilty of it at one time or another.

I do it and I dont even drink... in the past Ive said I needed to start drinking so I have SOMETHING to blame it on.

Carry on Jude.. we dont always agree, but youre a good one.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I don't know what you did
but I'm impressed by how you're handling it.
I wish more people (here, and in general) were as introspective.

^ I second what he said, and I ADORE him for having a Dalek avatar! I thought I was the only one!

Also, OP, I really enjoy your posts. I read a lot more threads than I actually post or reply to, and I enjoy what you have to say.

I entirely understand what you mean, too. I get aggressive with ATSers all the time, but I don't think I'd get as much sympathy as you if I apologized for it. I'm a teenager, and I seem a little more angry when I retaliate with people.

Koodos to you for being so awesome and realizing when you screw up. I'm still learning how to do that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I don't know what you did
but I'm impressed by how you're handling it.
I wish more people (here, and in general) were as introspective.

^ I second what he said, and I ADORE him for having a Dalek avatar! I thought I was the only one!

Also, OP, I really enjoy your posts. I read a lot more threads than I actually post or reply to, and I enjoy what you have to say.

I entirely understand what you mean, too. I get aggressive with ATSers all the time, but I don't think I'd get as much sympathy as you if I apologized for it. I'm a teenager, and I seem a little more angry when I retaliate with people.

Koodos to you for being so awesome and realizing when you screw up. I'm still learning how to do that.

Thanks for that.

I have to admit that I've been enjoying your contributions as well. Not even knowing that you're a teenager so thanks for that as well. In fact, I just gave kudos to another teenager for his stance against the Obama Drone Machine.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for that.

I have to admit that I've been enjoying your contributions as well. Not even knowing that you're a teenager so thanks for that as well. In fact, I just gave kudos to another teenager for his stance against the Obama Drone Machine.

I just read the letter. Awesome thread

Nice to have another thread on ATS.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well done you. That was a great thing to do. I hope you feel loads better for it, and that whatever was causing you so much pain that you lashed out, is over, or surmountable. Good luck

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Been there and done it, I was an asshole in a thread a few months ago and I knew it the next day.
I apologized to the OP and all participants in the thread and my excuse was stress and I was stressed to be sure.

The best part was the OP came right back to me and said I understand.

Boy was I humbled after that response.

Good for you to man up and apologize, this is what puts ATS way above and beyond all the others.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join