It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Leader quits

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
So a holy roller actually questions what they've been told to believe and quits....Hmmm.....

Properly read, the Bible is the quickest route to atheism...

This is the complete antithesis to why she is quitting this church...not her faith. A church is simply a group of believers...it is not the religion itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

The ten commandments are old testament doctrine.

You have read the bible right?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
These people are nuts . They are rebuked of all Baptist churches .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I friended Jael Phelps, now Jael Holroyd on facebook, she seemed so normal but at the same time is all for what that group stands for , I assume this is her sister.
I know that Jael Phelps recently closed her facebook account, maybe more to follow? Maybe she was dealing with this?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I knew George Rodin. Mr. Rodin was the son of the couple that founded Mt. Carmel in Waco. When Rodin's dad died, David Koresh moved in on Rodin's mom and managed to get the compound.

Mr. Rodin had been raised by his parents to believe he was the second coming of Christ, the messiah. When his dad died and mom started screwing around with Koresh, this was extremely disillusioning. The new reality he found himself confronted with was nothing he had ever been prepared to deal with. He may have already been crazy, too. But the stress ended up making him crazier. He eventually killed his room mate in Odessa, TX

There are certainly concerns with anyone who is brainwashed from an early age, and then has a sudden disillusionment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Byrd

You don't quit 'crazy'. It follows you wherever you go and whatever you do. I see really bad things happening with this one.

You can quit and eliminate the brainwashing that was forced on you. If this lady is learning and changing, she is not crazy -- she was brainwashed and is (re)-learning.
There is nothing bad about hitting Life's reset button.
Good for her.

edit on 11-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just goes to show the dangers associated with allowing parents to expose their progenies' minds to fundamentalist ideology.

We do not allow children to be sexually abuse by their parents – no child abuse victim has ever professed to want all homosexuals dead or to blow themselves up in a crowded mall – yet we think it perfectly permissible for a parent to pollute the formative mind of a child with bigotry and hatred in the name of 'religious freedom'.

Interesting paradox...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Byrd
According to these sources, she and her sister Grace have left the church after starting to question what they were told to believe. As she came into contact with others on the Internet, she began to question whether what she had been taught was truly moral -- it was a discussion with a Jewish man (who quoted the New Testament to her, ironically enough) that made her reluctant to be part of the "God Hates Fags" paradigm.

They are apparently laying low for awhile. Church members are shunning them. She's in a lot of emotional conflict -- she loves her family, but now abhors what she did and what they stood for.

I hope that others in the church and family will leave Fred Phelp's circle of hate.

This is the soul of America now boy scouts are gay the priests they have always been gay and you have to make concessions and just keep being gay. Does this Michelle think that this is saving herself and the world by quitting the church?
Worship frogs and lizards.

Congratulations. Anyone ever go and see straight? Anyone even know what straight means?
This is bogus. She hates homosexuals because she was a member of the church but now she likes them or she quits the church like it is a business a job you just say I’m quitting.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Woodie75 because: as

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Leuan

There is no "hiding behind the first amendment". The first amendment guarantees that your right to free speech cannot be affected. Free speech is a right. To think that someone speaking freely is hiding behind the 1st amendment is to give credibility to the notion that free speech should at any time be stifled. "I may not like what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." This is my view on WBC. I may want to fight over what they say, but I would never tell them they can't say it.

Religion is a source of pleasure and pain in its own right. I’m just happy being me. But the way the media and world is that is not good you have to be gay and proud all the time. Brokeback mountain stupid movies about coming out of the closet. Oh and brokeback mountain you’ve heard of that one about gays coming out of the closet. Gays rule the world America is doomed. I don’t date queers.

He is preaching about the golden calf worship that has been around that is not really common sense if you believe that he is for hate. I am connected spiritually to the way that our country was back during the days of Reagan.

Everything possible this country could do wrong we are doing.
Congratulations.

Ok There is not much to this westburo church blog. Hi do you have a poodle?
edit on 24-1-2014 by Woodie75 because: add

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've always been highly suspicious of these people and the whole story surrounding them. Something stinks in the WBC story.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join