It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Leader quits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I thought they were a troll group and not actually a church in the religious sense of the word.
Well, it's nice to see some members abandoning the place. I wonder if the church's plans to picket the funerals of the poor Newtown victims was what finally woke her up to how crazy its mindset is.

edit on 9-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Leaving a cult is hard work ....
Cults imprint a lot of guilt onto the people they enslave.
If she can break free from their ungodly clutch .. then good for her!!

Once she breaks free her healing process can begin.
And she will then be able to really discover God ...

Anyone of prayer .. keep praying for her and the others ...
Break through the satanic hold that is surrounding that hate cult ....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I tweeted her that she was pretty hot a while back, so I think I have to take some of the credit for this tbh.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Oh come on people, the WBC is a true christian church..............

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I never really had much of a problem with WBC because the same hate they have in their hearts is the exact same hate all of us have too. Doesn't matter what you hate, hate is hate.

Most people try to hide the fact they hate someone or something, but it does come out quite often.

You can focus your hate anywhere you choose.
But the problem is, it bleeds over into everything else around it.

With WBC things get really blatant and honest quickly, and people go way overboard with their hate.
All WBC has to do is stand there and hold some sign trolling everyone.

And then you can watch the crowds of hate filled hearts line up to share their hate.
Why?
Because they need an outlet too just like WBC does, it's just the roles are reversed in a sense.

I know that WBC are hypocrites, but you gotta admit they are masterful at trolling others into revealing their hypocrisies, their 'foaming at the mouth' hatred openly in public.

Sometimes I can't help but enjoy the melee that ensues from their tirades.
They are all the same thing to me, hate hate hate.
No matter which direction you choose to send that hate, it goes somewhere.

I think it's nuts how hypocritical it actually is to gladly openly hate someone because they hate someone.
I'm a sucker for irony.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just showing my suspicious side here.
What if this is all part of "The Plan"? She gets away from the crazies and starts her own following, then has another "epiphany" and decides daddy was right all along. Then she goes back, taking her group with her to rejoin, enlarging the WBC. Daddy gets more followers and money.

I actually hope she has a better life and it works out for her. Leaving everything you've ever known is tough.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I never really had much of a problem with WBC because the same hate they have in their hearts is the exact same hate all of us have too. Doesn't matter what you hate, hate is hate.

Most people try to hide the fact they hate someone or something, but it does come out quite often.

You can focus your hate anywhere you choose.
But the problem is, it bleeds over into everything else around it.

With WBC things get really blatant and honest quickly, and people go way overboard with their hate.
All WBC has to do is stand there and hold some sign trolling everyone.

And then you can watch the crowds of hate filled hearts line up to share their hate.
Why?
Because they need an outlet too just like WBC does, it's just the roles are reversed in a sense.

I know that WBC are hypocrites, but you gotta admit they are masterful at trolling others into revealing their hypocrisies, their 'foaming at the mouth' hatred openly in public.

Sometimes I can't help but enjoy the melee that ensues from their tirades.
They are all the same thing to me, hate hate hate.
No matter which direction you choose to send that hate, it goes somewhere.

I think it's nuts how hypocritical it actually is to gladly openly hate someone because they hate someone.
I'm a sucker for irony.

If these people are christians, I'm ralph peters.. it's a load of # and they're being exposed lol

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anti-WBC person:
"I am justified in my hatred of WBC because of my political viewpoint"

WBC :
"I am justified in my hatred because of my political viewpoint"

Only difference is, one religion uses the TV as it's source while the other uses a book.

Me:
"None of this hate is justified either way"
My source? My Heart.

A source others could tap into if they choose to at any time.
It's there, and it doesn't agree with hate no matter how we dress it up.

If you "hate" WBC, or what they do, maybe you have that same emotional/spiritual problem they do?
That hate addiction problem we are all prone to?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan

If these people are christians, I'm ralph peters.. it's a load of # and they're being exposed lol

"They" have been exposed to infinity and beyond.

And everyone knows we have more pressing matters in this world, even in the realms of social dynamics and civil rights and reform of political structure, we have far more pressing matters.

Like looking in a mirror and fixing ourselves.
It's time to expose ourselves as being no better than WBC, because that's the truth of reality.

What makes us so easily trolled by someone holding a sign with 3 or 4 words?
Why do we rage so easily at something so nonsensical and absurd?

I found some of the answers to these self inquisitions and I will tell you straight up, that the most pressing issue right now is that people have to learn to ignore each other before it turns into obsessive hatred.
At least in the social dynamics spectrum specifically.
edit on 9-2-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I was just thinking

If she ran the public relations / It side of things, That's a hell of a lot of hate mail to sift through everyday, gotta affect you eventually.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Leuan

"They" have been exposed to infinity and beyond.

And everyone knows we have more pressing matters in this world, even in the realms of social dynamics and civil rights and reform of political structure, we have far more pressing matters.

Like looking in a mirror and fixing ourselves.
It's time to expose ourselves as being no better than WBC, because that's the truth of reality.

What makes us so easily trolled by someone holding a sign with 3 or 4 words?
What do we rage so easily at something so nonsensical and absurd?

I found some of the answers to these self inquisitions and I will tell you straight up, that the most pressing issue right now is that people have to learn to ignore each other before it turns into obsessive hatred.
At least in the social dynamics spectrum specifically.

Exactly, they're hiding behind the 1st amendment I suppose. It brings to "light" a grey area in the law- ( Where the line between verbal and emotional assault, collide.)
Either way, I doubt these people sleep well at night, saying they're true christians, but judge and condemn pretty much everybody.
It must work or they wouldn't continue

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

There is no "hiding behind the first amendment". The first amendment guarantees that your right to free speech cannot be affected. Free speech is a right. To think that someone speaking freely is hiding behind the 1st amendment is to give credibility to the notion that free speech should at any time be stifled. "I may not like what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." This is my view on WBC. I may want to fight over what they say, but I would never tell them they can't say it.

And if we wanted to shut them up, it would make us no better than them.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear of people coming to their senses and leaving this hate- and fear-filled cult. And 27 is not old at all. I was probably 31 before I left the one I'd been raised in. Good for these strong women! They are leaders! I hope there are many more to follow.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Good for her! Everyone can change, and I applaud her for her courage. This can't be easy for her considering the effect this will have on her family and her relationship with them. The message of God is one of love and forgiveness, and she has come to realize that. I hope others at Westboro will follow her example.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I thought they were a troll group and not actually a church in the religious sense of the word.
Well, it's nice to see some members abandoning the place. I wonder if the church's plans to picket the funerals of the poor Newtown victims was what finally woke her up to how crazy its mindset is.

edit on 9-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

You can picket my funeral all you want.
Or if my two kids which I love die before I do, you can come troll their funeral.

Everyone is invited but I am betting few will show.
Plus dead people don't care, it's actually the adults who think they own the dead and make a big deal of it.
We don't own them despite all of the possessive terminology employed "but you lost your loved one".

Then again I don't prescribe to social fantasies very well, like dressing certain ways or saying certain things to impress others or to impose false respect.

I find that in reality people lie to themselves a lot, and do a bunch of meaningless things, apply meaning to them, and then convince themselves that it's legit and actually meaningful.

I just cannot take part in that charade we call "social norms".

Come and protest/troll me all you want, I will take it as a compliment because it's entirely subjective and I get to choose how I react.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Leuan

There is no "hiding behind the first amendment". The first amendment guarantees that your right to free speech cannot be affected. Free speech is a right. To think that someone speaking freely is hiding behind the 1st amendment is to give credibility to the notion that free speech should at any time be stifled. "I may not like what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." This is my view on WBC. I may want to fight over what they say, but I would never tell them they can't say it.

And if we wanted to shut them up, it would make us no better than them.

Exactly my point, the WBC is a "special interest group" and can get away with much more than your regular joe.
Its the same thing with that shabazz guy who went on record, on camera saying kill whitey..
Lol it's a snuf

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
I smell a book and movie deal with all the money in HER pocket not the cults. Anybody wanna bet???

That would be interesting

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think it is unfair that cultists who believe in their personal cultism, their career/job, the govt, their academia, religions, etc, can applaud this woman leaving her cult when they refuse to leave theirs.

We are all cultists whether you like that fact or not.

When are we going to leave our cults?

Show me some group or system of belief that isn't cultist in it's methods or ends.
Ain't gonna happen.

Oh but your cult is better than theirs you say?
Not true. WBC is a minor nobody cult compared to the mega cults we are all party to in some way or another.

We really need to all consider leaving our cults and the fallacious belief systems they impose upon us, just like the brave lady in the OP article left hers behind.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well if you are already full of hate, you will exaggerate it even further when you start getting tons of donations from around the world to your church.

its bad enough they have so much hate, but i guess they have that right.
but to exploit their faith for money is also sad.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I couldn't disagree more.

It would be like someone who was a smoker not applauding someone else for quitting smoking. To not do so is to begrudge them the strength that you lack.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join