It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Your Own AR-15 Lower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
With the recent push with gun regulation and the soaring prices on guns I have been looking into this. You can make your own AR lower for a fraction of the cost and you do not need to register it the law states you can make your own but you cannot legally sell it to another person. There is no need for serial numbers either. This can (read that as CAN) be done with a drill press. The cost of tools may exceed the cost of making your own but if you already have the tools or you may have some like-minded friends that want to make their own you could split the cost and have a worthwhile project.

There are a few sites where you can buy the blank 80% to 95% done for you already. This will be my next project.

Source
source
edit on 8-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: add video

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If you are going to do this I would recommend getting a jig setup like this one. It will make life a whole lot easier, and you will avoid damaging your 80% lower and making it useless. I have not made one myself yet, but I do know a guy that did and the results were pretty good. He did make a couple on the fly changes that he shouldn't have, but other than that it functions like any other lower.

ETA* Their buffer tube tap at the link I provided is way overpriced, I would look at Midwayusa or Brownells for the buffer tube tap.
edit on 2/8/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

join