It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Athiest and The Ape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Atheist and The Ape

###The atheist has only evolution to believe in... and the evolutionist has only the ape to believe in.

The Gulf that divides the creationist from the atheist is so wide that the only logical conclusion is to accept that dedicated atheists do indeed evolve from primates and that dedicated creationists are indeed created by God.

This is not as silly as it sounds. Why would an atheist feel so in tune with the primates unless they are actually related?

And why would a creationist feel so close to God unless they are of God?

It is not a matter of one being right and the other being wrong. Let us agree to agree and put a stop to all the bickering once and for all.

The evolutionists have every right to pursue their ancestral links just as the creationists have every right to celebrate God their creator without both sides mocking and slandering each other.

Its a disgrace. Lets adopt the golden rule and show respect for each other and not succumb to discrimination and prejudice just because someone is different.

Comments?

edit on 8-2-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
to believe in...
to believe in.
feel
feel
It is not a matter of one being right and the other being wrong.

Actually yes, it is indeed about who is right.

Once you get away from imaginary feelings and beliefs inside peoples heads, the actual reality is that in the past a thing actually happened, and it is the duty of humans with curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to work out the truth.
Even if some people are going to be upset when they find they are wrong.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

The atheist has only evolution to believe in.

Why are you limiting their scope of belief..?

Fail dude...who cares about the rest after that rookie move..?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If you want to learn about the origins of man and our relation to apes, take a primatology course and an evolution course. You'd be surprised to find there is a huge amount of evidence that we did, indeed, evolve over millions of years from chimpanzees. This is documented by the fact that we're discovered the bones of human-chimp hybrid species in the Rift Valley of Africa, as well as other hominids like Neanderthals.

Evolution is, in a nutshell, adaptation, and it's a slow, brutal process of endless trial and error via genetic mutations. We're actually evolving now; we're becoming less hairy, we're losing our appendixes, and we're losing our wisdom teeth. Why? Because we're losing the need for said things; we have clothes that keep us warm during winter, and we consume soft, safe foods which don't require the appendix or those extra teeth. If you look into Darwin's findings in the Galapagos, he observed that birds who live on fruit bearing islands had beaks suited for eating fruit. Birds who lived on other islands, whose diet consisted of insects, had sharper beaks well suited for catching said insects.

All species adapt over time to their environment and changes therein; I don't know where creationists get the nerve to deny this statement and say evolution is false. You should challenge your beliefs to see if they can hold water.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

The Gulf that divides the creationist from the atheist is so wide

Wide enough to fit the Red Sea.

that the only logical conclusion is to accept that dedicated atheists do indeed evolve from primates and that dedicated creationists are indeed created by God.

That's some straight up Christian Science logic right there

Okay let's set aside the evidence for our animal ancestry.

So if I feel strongly all my life that I was a giraffe in a past life, you're saying logic dictates I was.

If I felt strongly my whole life that I evolved, but not every person did, from an alien race from Titan. Logic would dictate that I did.

That's essentially what you're saying about the Christian.

This is not as silly as it sounds.

Well... eh... I dunno it looks that way.

Why would an atheist feel so in tune with the primates unless they are actually related?

The atheist that also believes we evolved from primates would probably say because we all did.

I am going to throw a wrench at you.

Let's say atheists evolved from primates and Christians were created from God.

Explain to me how if God created the entire Universe subsequently some things within the Universe then become excluded? If God created the whole Universe, it seems to follow all things would be inclusive.

So your theory might look good for Christians but it doesn't look good for God

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Lets adopt the golden rule and show respect for each other and not succumb to discrimination and prejudice just because someone is different.

You convince the religions to stop discriminating and you have a deal

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, at least the evolutionists are related to a flesh and blood ancestor.

The creationists are related to a weightless invisible cloud person of which which there are thousands of versions, and therefore that's as much weight as their theory also carries.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Originally posted by Shema

The idea of 'God' was created within the mind of man.
Over time, that idea evolved within the minds of many more men.

If you choose to completely ignore logical reasoning, I'm sure it would be very easy to 'feel close to God'.

Regardless of personal belief, we all know that feelings are sometimes wrong.

edit on 2/8/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
If you want to learn about the origins of man and our relation to apes, take a primatology course and an evolution course. You'd be surprised to find there is a huge amount of evidence that we did, indeed, evolve over millions of years from chimpanzees.

You mean that humans and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor? Not that humans evolved from chimps.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

The current theory of evolution doesnt state that humans evolved from primates..

It states that we both evolved from a common ancestor.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Good point.

Also, many Churches are starting to add evolution into their beliefs as a possibility since the evidence for evolution is becoming so overwhelming. The bible never states exactly how we popped into existance and they argue that evolution could very well have been the method God chose to create us.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

The bible never states exactly how we popped into existance and they argue that evolution could very well have been the method God chose to create us.

Well it does talk about the first woman coming from a man's rib.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, the thread was written to inspire reaction - ahh, no not S&Fs, this is not a trolling exercise.
The atheists have gone on the defensive, not surprisingly, but hardly a peep from the opposite quarter.

FaceLift reacted like a child might; alfal was indignant, DDD felt a need to justify evolution, Lucid Lucy pointed out the contradictions in the thread according to her reading while halfoldman put creation down; BrokenCircles follows a similar vein to halfoldman; Spookycolt sees a fence we could maybe all sit on.

Ah well!. But not to despair. When the dust settles we might yet get some communication going. After all, we all live in hope regardless of where we come from.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Not all evolutionists are athiest..

So what was the point of this again?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
what if God, is a monkey
he created man in his image [monkey] and then the monkey men developed into us humans
yeeah, I cracked it

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
belief implies a lack of knowledge,
unfortunately belief in false dogma is not without consequence.
If i were to entertain the abrahamic notion of a creator God, It would impress me a great deal more, that "he" created evolving systems.

edit on 9-2-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Lucid Lucy pointed out the contradictions in the thread according to her reading

I am more than open for discussion or debate.

Do you have a question for me? I asked some of you.

And it's Mr. Lunacy. The boobs are just good company.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

You don’t need to be an atheist to accept what evolution describes. You can believe in a god of creation and still understand the inescapable truth of the common ancestor we share with all primates and that evolution explains the diverse life we see

The disrespect comes into play when people ignore and misrepresents what evolution describes to justify what they believe in.

You will see pretty soon things like. 'I have never seen an ape give birth to a human'. 'If evolution is true why is it just a theory?' 'If evolution is true how was life created'

Despite the above being explained the same people repeat this nonsense time and time again and that is where the conflict arises.

So let’s make a pact. Even if you do not accept what evolution describes at least do not misrepresent what it says just to give weight to your objections

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Shema

Lucid Lucy pointed out the contradictions in the thread according to her reading

I am more than open for discussion or debate.

Do you have a question for me? I asked some of you.

And it's Mr. Lunacy. The boobs are just good company.

I apologize for getting your moniker wrong, Lucid Lunacy, I'm usually more careful and you did ask me a question.

I want to emphasize the stark stupidity of the never-ending bickering that the two sides engage in. Of course the two actually compliment each other, creation and evolution. and I fully believe that eventually this will have to admitted by both . It is the atheists who should concede ground and admit that creation is highly probable according to all the known facts and they can do it without having to denounce evolution. But for some reason they refuse to bend. I suppose its a collective pride thing, I don't really know.
True, the religious crowd are no better but at least some of them, the less pragmatic, are looking seriously at how evolution and creation could fit together.
I think myself that it is vital that humankind comes to a consensus on this most fundamental of questions because how can we hope to move on until we do?

Male boobs are good company?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm all for evolution and God.

It's fairly apparent man evolved from the same creature as the ape, but our consciousness has to be the result of a higher power.

I think therefore I am.

I think the whole idea of God has been lost through religion though, there has to be some truth to the bible(old testament)/koran etc etc, but most of it is most likely made up through wild imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join