It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Music???????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING OF SATANIC MUSIC.IF U GET POSSESED OR WHATS THE DEAL WITH ITHOW DO U KNOW IF MUSIC IS SATANIC?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Really it is no differant than any other music.They just sing about the downfall of God.Satanists really hate God.The only band I can think of of the top of my head is Venom.The were an 80's heavy metal band that just bashed God,and quoted verses out of a Stanic bible.
No it is not addictive.Unless you have a weak mind no music is addictive or harmful.IMO....

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Satanists, in reality, dont even believe in god or satan, but the concepts enspoused by satan in the bible. the commandment of the satanist, thier golden rule, is do what thou wilst. satanists dont believe in god or devil, heaven or hell, but believe that humanity is it, this world we live in is it, and that we are our own gods. they adopt the title of satanist, because satan is the opposer of the christian god and ethos of self sacrifice and charity, thus, they try to enspouse most of the opposite of what good christians will be.

so called satanic music will not posses you. I dont even think real satanic music exists, its just bands using sensationalism produced from the shock of satanism to promote a certain image.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The last time I listened to Satanic music....I woke up in a puddle of blood (not mine)...and I was holding a bloody machete...the house was a mess, my whole family was dead, and I couldn't find the dog!

Seriously though.....uhh....NO.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
"Unless you have a weak mind no music is addictive or harmful."----Nyeff

That just about sums it up.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There was a craze in the 80's to play music backwards and hear the messages that were siad.

I remember "another one bites the dust " by queen said when played backwards "start to smoke marianja".

There was a doumentary on tv about it.

Hey "Another one bites the dust" could almost be our theme song here with the dissapearing posters!

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust

Steve walks warily down the street,
with the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
machine guns ready to go

Are you ready,
Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

How do you think I'm going to get along,
without you, when you're gone
You took me for everything that I had,
and kicked me out on my own

Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
To the sound of the beat

Chorus

There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
you can treat him bad and leave him
When he's down

But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
repeating the sound of the beat

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've been working alot with so called Satanistic bands and musicans. My impression is that they see it all as some kind of joke. It's all fun to them. They look real scary at stage, but backstage they're mostly like you and me, happy and joyful, funny and friendly. Many of them know more about God and the bible than most Christians and are more accurate and open for the wisdom and system of it all. For most of them it's about having fun and having an image that sells. The reason they make money is because most Christians condemn them even though Jesus told us not to condemn, but to love our enemies. I know several self proclaimed Satanists. Many of them are good people, but they believe in a different way. It's more about statement than it is about faith. They do believe in God mostly, but they feel deceived and a natural reaction to that is to hate.

It's not the Satanists that scare me, it's the church and self proclaimed prophets and pastors who teach us to hate Satanists and satanic music while being more Satanic that any Satanist musican I've ever met........

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hmmm that's weird i listen to alot of satanic music and i don't get possesed by it...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
but i don't take the lyrics seriously though

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Twinkle
Twinkle little star ,
how i wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky..........

Played backwards.............

I wish there were no Allah.................

try it ........if you have a microphone and recorder.....sing and play it backwards.........

Led Zeppelin...........Stair way to heaven
The Beatles...............a few songs...
Deni Hines.......
Michael Jackson.........
reversespeech.com...

there's quite a few on that link.....above.....

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Twinkle
Twinkle little star ,
how i wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky..........

Played backwards.............

I wish there were no Allah.................

try it ........if you have a microphone and recorder.....sing and play it backwards.........

Led Zeppelin...........Stair way to heaven
The Beatles...............a few songs...
Deni Hines.......
Michael Jackson.........
reversespeech.com...

there's quite a few on that link.....above.....

Backward masking it's called and it's all very simple. No Satan involved. The way it's done is either to use words that sounds like another word backwards (like play = help) or simply record things backwards or read something backwards and cammoflage the ziiep zoaap sounds with low bass frequencies etc. when played the correct way. It's all very simple to do. In the CD age this has become almost impossible to do since you'd need very sophisticated CD players to play it. There's nothing mystical about this other than perhaps the message they choose to record. It's not Satan speeking, but ex. a beatle who says "Paul is dead" while spinning the tape backwards instead of forwards while recording or simply says de:d zi la:p while recording.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Satanists, in reality, dont even believe in god or satan, but the concepts enspoused by satan in the bible. the commandment of the satanist, thier golden rule, is do what thou wilst. satanists dont believe in god or devil, heaven or hell, but believe that humanity is it, this world we live in is it, and that we are our own gods. they adopt the title of satanist, because satan is the opposer of the christian god and ethos of self sacrifice and charity, thus, they try to enspouse most of the opposite of what good christians will be.

so called satanic music will not posses you. I dont even think real satanic music exists, its just bands using sensationalism produced from the shock of satanism to promote a certain image.

Aren't there Satanists who Do believe in the Bible but see it reversed..
As in, God is the one who demands worship and servitude and Satan as the serpent is the one who set Man free. God got mad and created all misery and suffering as a result...
something like that.
Satan gave us free will... etc...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

y impression is that they see it all as some kind of joke. It's all fun to them. They look real scary at stage, but backstage they're mostly like you and me, happy and joyful, funny and friendly

You are totally right!

Just look at ozzy for example, people called him the antichist in the 80's...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is sort of off the subject, but a while back I remember hearing that they could read a persons mind and true thoughts by reversing what they were saying. It was great, they had these clips of Clinton saying things and then backwards saying things like "I am satan I will take over the world" etc. If anything, it was quite amusing, and funny.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i usually listen to bands like ministry, skinny puppy, venom, cannibal corpse, morbid angel nile, and a lot of other bands that have that esoteric beat and i have been nowhere near possessed by it. one impression i get by satanic music is that it characterizes rebellion against dogmatic control. such songs as "golden dawn" by ministry "blessed are the sick" by morbid angel, speak of religion with ironic humor which in my opinion is similar to the marquis de sade and aliester crowley in possible imagery. venom is one of my favorite bands. every time i'm in my "dungeon" i play "buried alive"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_O_W
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING OF SATANIC MUSIC.IF U GET POSSESED OR WHATS THE DEAL WITH ITHOW DO U KNOW IF MUSIC IS SATANIC?

maybe you are referring to this, Diabolus in Musica?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. What people want to call satanic music also called death metal, black metal, it just depends on who you ask. I was into satanic,death metal whatever you want to call it. I went through h.s listening to this genre of music. In Europe their are a few bands that actually try to practice what they sing about, but that is rare. There Bands like Slayer,Sepultura, and more talk alot about things around them and some are very hard lyrics but they will say it is only lyrics. I listened to a band in the late 80's called Onslaught and they had a pentigram on the cover, but they were not satanic worshippers. So it depends on how you interpret the lyrics. In fac you now have rap artists that rap about thing such as killing, body dismemberment, and things that are very dark, but they will also tell you it is all entertainment.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nyeff

Thats pretty cool as you hardly ever see anyone talk about Venom anymore. A band I do like to listen to. Also what about King Diamond now that was a dark individual in his songs, but just like everyone else in real life. I could go on all day about bands that were in the satanic music genre.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Buried Alive what a great song.They just don't have bands today that just has you sitting there going wow now that is creepy.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Man, Venom were badass! And Slayer. I could go on and on.
The devil has metal, the devil has the blues, the devil has the best music.

Of course, I am a satanist, so I'm a little biased.

<<   2  3 >>

join