It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J.J. Abrams working with Valve on possible 'Portal,' 'Half-Life' films

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

www.examiner.com

J.J. Abrams is poised to become the no. 1 director in the hearts of geeks. Not only has he recently signed to direct the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" film, he already helms the rebooted "Star Trek" franchise. And, while there is no studio commitment yet, he said on Wednesday he would love to make the video games "Half-Life" and "Portal" into films.

Not only would Abrams love it, apparently game creators Valve would love it, too. He and Gabe Newell, CEO of Valve Software, were speaking together at held a joint talk at the D.I.C.E.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-2-2013 by Snaffers because: To long

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Interesting news for Half-Life geeks, lovers and nerds all around the globe

For Many years now i was waiting to get the news that someone has the guts to finally adept Half-Life for the big screen.

Out there were of course some quit good low budget productions, like for example the works from "Purchase Brothers" who created with a laughable budget of 500 bucks the amazing short movie "Escape From City 17".

I wonder what ATS members have to say about these news...

www.examiner.com

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Finally. Great news on all fronts

The question is who do they get to write the story and how close will collaboration be if/when it goes into production? I'd love to see Valve keep it true.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here are both short movies created by the "Purchase Brothers"

And another great one which was made by a dutch artist

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hope he does a "Cloverfield II" also, that was a good flick (to drink a few beers and watch). I like his mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh snap! Gabe is an old friend of mine. I haven't spoken to him in a while but will see if I can get some info from him on this and put it up here. That would make for some great movie action!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Never mind the movies Gabe
Where is my half life 2 episode 3.

Ageing, arthritic, hands need to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers

www.examiner.com

J.J. Abrams is poised to become the no. 1 director in the hearts of geeks. Not only has he recently signed to direct the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" film, he already helms the rebooted "Star Trek" franchise. And, while there is no studio commitment yet, he said on Wednesday he would love to make the video games "Half-Life" and "Portal" into films.

Not only would Abrams love it, apparently game creators Valve would love it, too. He and Gabe Newell, CEO of Valve Software, were speaking together at held a joint talk at the D.I.C.E.

Will he quit those too? I am totally P'd off that he gave up on his show 'Fringe'. I LOVED that show and it could've gone on for years. GRRRRRRR!

new topics

top topics

join