It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got a grant from the Fed Govt ---$8,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I dont know if I should believe this,I was selected from the us fed govt, I just recieved a grant of 8,000 dollars from the US Fed Govt. He said I'll will be recieving this in about 8 to 10 days, I could use this how ever I want, Business, school, bill, etc. Now, the other thing is I have to pay $250 dollars to recieve this, is this some type of spam or joke. I just need a little advice from this fourm. Can someone who recieved or registerd grants please help me. Explain if this is indead real and not a hoax.

said he need my Social, so I have it to him.........................yeah right

His name was frank and he knew exactlly were I lived, he ask for my mom and they started talking, but I really dont know what they were talking about.

*if this thread is moved can you PM me mods, thanks*

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by Remote]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Doesn�t sound right. You need to send him $250.00 to receive a grant, don�t think so. Scam, scam, scam� Ask him to deduct the $250.00 from the total grant amount and forward the balance to you. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Definitely a scam.

Here is some free money! Just send us YOUR money and we will send you the "free" money later. wink ...wink...

Did you even apply for a grant?

I would report this to the fraud department of your nearest law enforcement organisation. These are the types of people who scam little old ladies.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Read this article bud. It�s an ongoing scam.

"Government Grant" Scam Still Active
A detective from Illinois reported that an elderly person received a call offering an $8,000 good citizenship award for a $249 processing fee.

A Washington consumer reported a call offering free government money for a $249 processing fee.

www.consumeraffairs.com...

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by kinglizard]

top topics

join