It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North America should move toward isolationism.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The only way it could work is with worker ownership. Industry set up to meet our needs, instead of profits for the few. The need to make and maintain profits, market expansion, is why we're in this mess. It's why workers are forced to demand higher wages to keep up with inflation. It's why then labour is outsourced to cheaper markets.

Capitalism is not patriotic, it's not freedom, it's simply make profit for a few, regardless of the consequences for the majority.

edit on 2/9/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Your perfectly right except for one thing.
America is a military machine owned by people we know very little about.
There is no movIng towards anything other than a predefined path that will
Involve preemptive strikes against anyone they see fit.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Some recommended reading - "Rogue State"/William Blum, "A Problem From Hell"/Samantha Power.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
it might be good thing now.The isolation might help citizens to assert their influence over politicians and gain their power back.Too much corporatization of us govt from last 100 years.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I believe that America should pull all foriegn aid, and give the world what they want. America doesnt need to police the world, let them take care of themselves. I think it all ties in with the Bankers and corporate elite, that want to rule as much as they can. They dont care about boundaries, just how much they can fit in there pockets

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If America becomes a continental hermit, how long will it be before a country approaches us and asks for our help in one conflict or another? Are we supposed to ignore them? Deny them?

The whole world has a problem with America until it needs our help beating someone's face in. Then we're the Ghostbusters.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
If America becomes a continental hermit, how long will it be before a country approaches us and asks for our help in one conflict or another? Are we supposed to ignore them? Deny them?

The whole world has a problem with America until it needs our help beating someone's face in. Then we're the Ghostbusters.

I agree with your post.As to your post,yea screw them.Until they quit whinning and come crawling on their knee's and realize that we aren't the boggeyman.

I wouldn't see that happening for a long time.The only real threat to the world is China.If North America move's toward isolationism the rug will be pulled out from under their economy.

So basicly I think we should take Cartman's idea.

edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That'd be great, but it'll never happen. The people in charge are too greedy and getting too rich off sticking their noses where they don't belong.

I agree though let's get out and let them all fend for themselves. We have plenty of issues that need work right here.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All Wars are Banksters Wars:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Why are all the dudes with the gold broke then?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
How would it solve the little problem of the $17 trillion debt?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sorry, but Isolationism died on December 7, 1941. It had been very ill for some time and was finally finished off by Pearl Harbour.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join