It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Witch tortured and Burned Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hi
sry if this has been posted I didnt ssee it

Wtf? This is absolutly frikin crazy.. Do they really still believe in witches? This is so 400 years ago.

They believe she killed a young boy with sorcery,so they strip her naked, torture her with a branding iron,and set her on fire

www.isciencetimes.com...

An accused witch burned alive in Papua New Guinea was tortured at the hands of a vicious mob that believed she killed a young boy with sorcery. Hundreds of townspeople from Mount Hagen stood by and watched as Kepari Leniata, the accused witch, was burned alive after being stripped naked, tortured with a branding iron, tied up, splashed with fuel and set on fire on a mound of garbage and car tires. Efforts to save the accused witch as she burned alive were obstructed by the angry mob, and police and firefighters were unable to reach her in time. Officials on the small island nation expressed disgust and vowed justice.

edit on 8-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

heres another link

Says the police were there but were ounumbered by onlookers so they could not intervene..wtf??

www.thestar.com...

PORT MORESBY, PAPUA NEW GUINEA—A mob stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of horrified witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, police said Friday. It was the latest sorcery-related killing in this South Pacific island nation.

edit on 2/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed T&C infracting pictures.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Damn...That is insane and sad....

I really don't know much else to say on this one...

Just.... I know some areas of the world are still living in the past and pulling things like this, but it really does boggle my mind.

Just...Awful.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I read the article and those people and what they do is vile, wrong and disgusting!

I didn't think things like this still went on in the world; but sadly they do.

It is almost as if the vile cannibals and people that burn (supposed) witches; have just walked into this dimension through a doorway from hell.

I am worried for the good people that do live there; they must be so scared.

edit on 8-2-2013 by caladonea because: correct spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, how many people on this site believe in ghosts and demons and the occult?

Why are you so surprised that people still do this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

In the first burning picture the lady is clearly clothed. Shoes, pants, shirt. Just my observation!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

I guess Im not surprised people still believe in witches ,but I am surprised that this can happen right in front of police and they just watch..

What the hell are cops for???

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 2/8/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Let me tell you! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! If you can IMAGINE.....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If only the west didn't try and stop Indonesia from civilizing Papau new guinea this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

apparently this happened again.

new guinea witch burn

caution the video in the news link is graphic.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spookycolt

i never thought of it that way. you are right. there would be a dozen people set to burn from this site alone

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Fascinating and exhilerating. I would like to see a movie made out of this.

People can influence things in ways that science doesn't fully comprehend yet. You got the sixth sense, quantum science and other related subject matters. Perhaps in a way unproven she had truly influenced that boy's death. To know whether she was innocent or not you would have to be a part of their tribe and "in the zone" so to speak, connected with the events.

The Catholic Church is rumored to practice this long thought dead custom. (In secret of course. Not on a stage like it was done in 15th century England.) As science reveals the unseen connectors between us, people of all religions and superstitious beliefs will have the mystery surrounding their practices lifted.

new topics

top topics

join