It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everything that contradicts Your own opinion - propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have been reading a LOTTTTTT of postings on this site, keeping in touch with internatinal media and talking to friends!!!!... I can only say that what is currently happening in the world and particularly regarding the Bush-administration-handling, is REALLY disturbing!!!!!!!
I remember in the beginning!!!!... when the search for chemical weapons- and wmd's, were controlled by the UN... They had trouble!!! NO discussion. But suddenly the US wanted to END the investigation!

Hmm... They said that it had taken TOO long and that the THREAT was imminent!!! WOW!! Threat!!!!
I DID, in that moment, say to my fellow friends that Bush PROBABLY would find a way to justify an attack!!!! WHO KNEW!!!Well... we all know BY NOW that this THREAT wasn't near what they PREDICTED!!!!! AND this THREAT was OBVIOUSLY a righteous cause to engage in a WAR on a soveragin state.
I wonder if I get the same understanding if I kill a human being on the street and call him evil???????

Are you ready to question your own views as opposed to what you're told?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Of course they're not.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I totally recommend people have a look and download the 1st episode of 'The power of Nightmares' (also available on Suprnova.org a bittorrent site).

It illustrates exactly the fake way people like Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and that proven traitor to the USA Pearle have been lying about the threats we all have been facing for decades.

These people are working to an agenda where they knowingly lie to alter public opinion regardless of the actual facts.

They and their pals now control the republican party so no surprises that having gotten into government they have gone to war on a false basis and are persuing a strategy of 'permanent war'.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread was going to be about how certain people are so thick headed that whenever the light of empiracal proof is shone on a view, it changes. Instead the only posts on here are about 'Bush propaganda'.

Obviously, this thread should have been called "Is anything said or proven in support of Bush simply right wing propaganda?"

In response to the ACTUAL thread title:

No. In fact, several times over the recent months I have had my mind changed on certain topics. What I don't forsee a change in is my support of the President. I have changed my mind on a few policies, but my support does not waiver. A person does not have to be in 100% agreeance with a candidate to vote for him/her.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by everlastingnoitall]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
like my mother always say's...."if all you watch and listen to is propaganda then it is only a matter of time till you start believing what the nice man at fox news tells yer

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes, THAT'S what's scary!!!! I think that a severe action like WAR, would cause people to THINK and QUESTION things instead of just swallowing it. I wean... if MY goverment is trying to envoke a certain rule, I TEND TO QUESTION IT!!!!! OK...
As I been informed by interviews and by friends that have been in the US, the americans don't know very much about the world "outside". (NO OFFENCE TO THOSE WHO DOES!!!) And in this case I "fully" understand that "one part" of the american people just "takes in" the information that the goverment gives them. BUT!!!!!!!!!! IT'S DANGEROUS to support an action that concernes the whole world without KNOWING ABOUT IT!
!!!!!!
GET INTERNATIONAL KNOWLEDGE BEFORE MAKING INTERNATIONAL ACTION!!!!! And that goes for Bush TOO!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hate breeds hate ,fear breeds fear - how many "bogeymen" do we need

The video of bin laden was probably from a webcam in bushes bedroom!

Those people at fox news are so nice and educated so why would they lie to us? WAKE UP!!!!!!

surely peoples intuition tells em this is wrong, that bush is no better than kerry or kerry no better than dracula

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
CNN, CBS, ABC, Brokaw, Koppel, Rather, Moore.

'nuff said

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would also go as far to say that everything that doesnt contradict your opinion is propoganda. ( if its meant to be distrubuted as general news or information. )

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
May I suggest a thorough deprogramming everlastingtoall?

Oh yes, you forgot the jon stewart show on there.

It's funny how people flock to watch the fake news instead of the real news (which is fake).

FOX ring a bell?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Folks... I'm going to say this once.

Fox news, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Dan Rather, Michael Moore, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, and my favorite U-boat commander, Wolf Blitzer... they ALL have an agenda. No one in that bunch is giving the goods in a neutral or objective fashion. They are undoubtedly all very good at news gathering and journalism, but they all present it with a spin. That spin is called an editorial line. Heck, even the way you choose to edit your report or your news item, the way you organize and prioritize the information, all that is spin too.

That's why I laugh heartily when I hear people saying that such-and-such says "the truth"... they all possess an ELEMENT of the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
... they all possess an ELEMENT of the truth.

Exactly!

And it's up to each and every one of us to piece that truth together for ourselves.

The more sources and points of view you understand the closer you get to the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Protoss,

For thinking intelligent people in America, we are only too aware that we have a leg caught in a bear trap in Iraq.

The people incharge currently haven't got a clue about winning the Iraqi people to the cause of democracy, mainly because they see Iraqis as sub-human.

We don't have the troops on the ground to control it enough to re-build/build the infrastructure or get troops trained or even guard the ammo dumps that are everywhere.

The American public doesn't support a draft, but we aren't getting the recruits we need to put the needed troops on the ground there. America is math challenged.
It is true some on the right are in some fantasy land about training Iraqis for them to take over, they don't listen to the reports about the trained Iraqis are ready and waiting for the chance to take up arms and oust the US.

The venture into Iraq was a fiasco. The Amercan public was skeptical about it before hand, but was won over by fraudulent arguments about rocket aluminum tube supposedly to be used in a nuclear centrifuge.

You are correct,
No WMDs
No link to Al-qaeda
No link to 911
No imminent threat to the US

The last ditch excuse of bringing democracy and civil liberties to Iraq was blow with the revelations from Abu Grabe.

Oil ministry guarded after fall of Baghdad, But ammo dumps, some with rare high grade explosives, All left unguarded.

We have many people in America who are blind to the facts, because they just like to have an 'enemy' to fight in a conventional war. They miss the point that the 'war on terror' is NOT a conventional war.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A thorough deprogramming? Ahem, to clarify:

I never supported, nor claimed to support, FOX news. I do feel they do a better job of telling the news, but the wonder of having sattelite television is the ability to program the thing to flip between channels. Watching the various news channels does in fact reveal bias on both sides. i was merely pointing out how quickly left wingers, and centrists will shout about FOXnews, Limbaugh, and his various mimicry, yet try and defend their own networks as unbiased and fair. It's hypocrisy, pure and simple.

I won't go into a diatribe on the evils (real or imagined by so many sheeple) about Iraq. We've run the subject into the ground, who are you (or I) going to convince at this point? NOONE.

Personally, although I enjoy the debate, I wish the powers that be would close all of the political threads. Every one of them descend into the same mantras. The whacky conspiracies, the lies of the candidates, the debacle (supposedly) in Iraq, an economy that would be called great under a Democrat being railed as reminiscent of Hoover under a Republican presidency, blah blah blah blah,,,,,

Nothing but talking points, kookiness, and relentless hurt egos and feelings.

Let's get back to the purpose of ATS: not political grandstanding (believe it or not) but denying ignorance. Obviously none of us on either side (if you believe the various threads) are willing to deny political ignorance ( You say people like me are uneducated and I say people like you are too quick to believe any kooky theory simply on the basis of getting a faith based leader out of office), so can we move on? Let's talk aliens, ghosts, astronomy, oobe's , etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It may come as a shock to a few here, but the media is NOT LEGALLY BOUND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. There was a court case on this one in florida not too long ago, and many others to boot. I just received a mass
e-mailing from the FCC in regards to all the Sinclair complaints they recieved that was basically saying they can lie if they like.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt....and try to use my commonsense in what I believe......hence I am anti Bush but against calls for a pull out.

When I look at it from every angle, it doesnt make sense to me

top topics

join