It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you faced you demons?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Mine is a comedian who breaks me down and then build me back up again. I cannot understand how anyone can reconcile and re-integrate with their dark side without developing an extraordinary sense of humor, and charm. If he's too serious, or stonelike, then I will break him down until he falls to pieces and I get to have the last laugh and in between, he just sits there in the back of my mind as a Hintergendanken, which is a German word meaning "ulterior motives" and there, continues to serve as a delightfully mischievous and irreducible rascality but because he wields a double edged sword he must be very careful, so he's also well contained but certainly not discarded or excorsized because then, if the house is all swept and clean he'll come back with "friends" and I'll be much worse off than if I simply accepted him in the first place and neither of us would like to lose our sense of humor. So I would say that I've made my demon a friend, maybe even a future angel in disguise and now we're both one and the same.

We cannot kill or be rid of anything, and what we resist only persists.

So eventually, there's a great joke to be had at the expense of the devil within, and we've both taught each other how to laugh my demon and me.

It's been a rough road getting to this point though.

If he robs you of your sense of humor well then he just has to go because there's nothing worse than a serious, humorless demon without compassion without love, just willfulness. I fear for people in that predicament, and if I could I would intentionally hurt their feelings until they might breakdown and cry, and that's not from my demon, but my will to love.

edit on 8-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

ohohh,, i have faced real demons also,, and they feed, when you do, or feel something that isnt nice..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

i understand, my jealousy "demon" (feeling) is a part of who i am,, it sucks monkey butt,
maybe some day ,it will be gone,

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Try crying over it, if you don't want it to be part of you anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by RightInTwo

love yourself, we arent perfect, but we may take small strides, to become nicer people, and happier,
dont worry,, bee happy,,
500 miles is also a good one

omg that gorilla makes me laugh so hard,,

edit on 8-2-2013 by solve because: bacon

Bob at home...is that you under a new screen name

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

there are other ways.
we do not wish to encourage so bad behaviour,,
maybe sometimes this can be good also., but i am sure you understand my point?

Sure I understand; I've broken a few things out of anger, too. However, it's not the emotions that are bad; it's how we handle them.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Reading further replies from you to others, it has come to my attention that you've adapted the opinions of Judaism and Christianity concerning demons and their purpose/intent. I discarded Judaism and Christianity a long time ago; they create more "demons" than they cure. My interpretation of the daemon comes from Greek theology/philosophy. An older, more enlightened group than Christians and Jews, in my opinion.

Feel free to believe in evil, invisible, horned imps who are out to make you sin. That is your choice to make, and I have no right to interfere with you making it. Do not think, though, that it is the only, or even the right, choice.

The daemon has meant many, many different things before Christianity began to utilize the term for it's own ends.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I walk the same path.

The demons want you to hate them. That's where they get their power. It's not the object of hate that makes any difference, it is the hate itself. It doesn't matter what you hate, but if you hate anything, you lose and they win. That's why I think true spiritual progression involves coming to peace with the demonic aspects of yourself. Hate, fear, jealousy. Then, when there is peace, they disappear on their own. Not by fighting them, not because you hate them, but because you accept them. Acceptance of them is not what they want.
edit on 8-2-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

This is a dumb question to ask today's world.

Most people will come in here talking about how either they did it long ago or how there doing it now. How this and that. To make their account on here look good.

Truth is not alot of people have the mentality to look inward and procrastinate on themselves. Because they see change for the better as weak. If the people they hang around can't and won't do it. Do you really believe there gonna lose there chance to fit in?

Sorry but people who get on here and preach a sermon on seeing the light. Never saw nothing but the stars they get from there other accounts. Because there mod accounts allow them to.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I used to try to cast them out, back when I saw the world as black-or-white, and not a thousand shades of gray. Then I evolved, and came to realize that the daemon was as much a part of me, as I was a part of it. Instead of attacking this perceived enemy, I amalgamated it. Through the processes of spiritual alchemy I turned the wrath, and anger it created, into courage, and action. I never looked back after that. I learned to control it, and now its energy, and mine, act in unison.

The above-quoted material is from my original reply on this thread. I'm well aware of the power which comes from recognizing all emotions as legitimate, and learning to control them, instead of fearing them, or excising them. There are perfectly acceptable times to feel rage, anger, or hate; perfectly acceptable times to be wrathful, vengeful, or aggressive. Just as each opposing emotion has it's proper place as well.

I gave up the idea that demons were "evil" agents of Satan, sent to make us sin and drive us further from YHVH a long, long time ago. The daemon is an element of ourselves, a part of us which we must either succumb to, or learn to temper and control.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I agree. I was just using he symbology so that others could relate.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I am not talking about the "classic" demons,, maybe,,,

well, anyway, i have named my demon,his name is,,

Hate
Anger
Jealousy
Fear
and his child, is violence

it is important to detect these "demons", there are a million reasons why we have these things,
whatever they may be. when the name is whispered in your ear, its important to do/feel the opposite.
only then, can we gain balance.
naming them is a good thing, or to paint,, or carving them in stone, like my ancient avatar here,
but you must first, be aware of them,

I am legion, for we are many, and so on.
now i ask, do you dare name yours?

All the legions/demons operate on the level of ego/mind. The real you is the Observer of it.

If you want to be free from them all, it takes serious SERIOUS work. I've let go of quite a few, however the process continues:

This thread here shows how:
Enlightenment "How To" Guide thread

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

thanks, but i worship my ancient "high god, the old man" i am from finland, you see,,

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

If you're referring to Odin, then I'm all for it. I have a friend who worships Odin as one of the pillars of his faith.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

our lord UKKO is far older than odin, but kinda the same thing yes,,
my method is largely based on our ancient text the KALEWALA,
the writings were destroyed during the great purge, but pieces of it were safely stored in the minds of my ancestors.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

This post has launched me into a new field of study. I was previously unfamiliar with native Finnish religion and mythology. Thank you for pointing me toward something new.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So human emotions are demons now?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This post has launched me into a new field of study. I was previously unfamiliar with native Finnish religion and mythology. Thank you for pointing me toward something new.

if you are interested of our old ways, you must compare the kalevala with ior bocks kalevala, he was one of the last "black goats of the forest", he was stabbed to death, by his indian servant a couple years back..
we are only a handful today,, they did a good job destroying us,
still i will not surrender, the old ways will come back, and i will forever fight for them....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

if you are interested of our old ways, you must compare the kalevala with ior bocks kalevala, he was one of the last "black goats of the forest", he was stabbed to death, by his indian servant a couple years back..
we are only a handful today,, they did a good job destroying us,
still i will not surrender, the old ways will come back, and i will forever fight for them....

Ah, you have the demon of National Pride, one of the most destructive demons of them all.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My wife is a great cook. Gluttony is probably my worst of the deadly sins. I do fast periodically and I am trying to become more mindful of my vices. I appreciate any prayers to that end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join