It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new Trainer. Looking good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
img74.exs.cx...
www.network54.com...

Well, please tell me which plane this is copied from? lol

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its a great looking trainer and it was builted for the new Su-30MKK, Su-27 and the J-10. The L-9 was for the older aircraft and the L-15 will be for the new aircrafts. Also the L-15 will have the fly-by-wire system so the pilots can get used to it. I hope the best of luck for China with this new trainer.

During the 9th Aviation Expo held recently in Beijing (September 2001), a new design of an advanced lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) was revealed by Hongdu Aviation Industrial Group as L-15. This new trainer could be designed to support the next generation of Chinese fighters such as J-10 which still lacks a trainer version. Therefore advanced features such as glass cockpit, HOTAS and digital FBW are expected to be standard. The aircraft appears to be powered by two improved WS-11 turbofans which will give it good manoeuvrabillity and reliability. In addition, large leading edge extentions (LEX) similar to those on Russian Yak-130 advanced trainer are believed to give the aircraft a decent angle of attack (AOA). L-15 can also be converted into light air-to-ground attack role. Some specifications of L-15: normal TO weight 6,500kg, max TO weight 9,500kg, max speed 1.4 Mach, max climb rate 150m/s, g-load +8/-3, ceiling 16,000m, loitering time 2 hr. It is still unclear whether PLAAF has chosen the aircraft as its next generation figher triner. However the revealing of L-15 in its early design stage suggests that Hongdu intends to promote the aircraft in the international market, an effort which has been encouraged by the export success of K-8 intermediate trainer.

Out,
Russian

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks a lot, Russian. If I have said anything that offended you, I am sorry.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lol I hope their not going to keep the paint job, Its a bit American don't you think?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
actually, it is more french with the blue, white and red.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Kinda looks like a copy of the Taiwanese Ching Kuo fighter, which looks like a kind of hybrid between an f-16 and an f-18.

I can't find a photo with a similar perspective on the net but they are strikingly similar in looks.

www.fas.org...

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Please keep in mind, his is a trainer, not a front-line fighter.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i understand but the body of the aircraft is uncannily similar

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX 1138
Lol I hope their not going to keep the paint job, Its a bit American don't you think?

If you really want to know... Russia, France, USA and alot of other countries have white, blue, and red on their flags. Its doesnt mean China needs to build their aircraft is red and gold or grey and red....

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
IMHO,looks a lot like the thunderbirds' F16s,see attached pic

new topics

top topics

join