It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Spiders in Brazil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I've seen entire trees covered by webs. Granted it was not the work of a single spider, but it made me look over my shoulder and constantly brushed off my legs just in case. Spiders are creepy, but they have never hurt me. Not clear why they make me jump, but they do. I try to leave them alone since they are not doing me harm and I home they are keep me free of biting creatures.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

i had a chillian rose back in the day (22 years ago)

as for other bitting insects i do the same i all ways think they are all over me

even spiders but im not scared of them ill pick them up

and i have seen those tress covered in swarms of spiders and there webs

there was a thread sometime ago where all the tress and cars were covered

with webs and spiders now thats a step to far (cringe)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Thanks in advance for the nightmares I am going to have tonight!

Why did I think pushing play was a good idea?

I understand the ecological role of spiders, but, even so, I still find them terrifying...

lmfao, no kidding right... iv got a half assed fear of spiders my self .... i can look at them but thats about it ...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Not watching the video, either. Spiders make me scream like a little girl.
I remember seeing a "Life on Earth" episode that said there are millions of spiders in every acre of meadow. And I've seen whole fields covered with a "veil" of spiderweb, covered in dew that freaked me out completely.
I also seen what can really be described as "raining spiders"......spiders ballooning. If you have every read Charlotte's Web (the only good spider I can think of), Charlotte's babies do it at the end...they stick their butts into the air (yeah, I know technically they are spinnerets) and produce enough silk to be caught in the wind and fly away. I didn't go anywhere near where I saw it actually happen ever again.
Or walk through fields without getting the heeby-geebies.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT

i never kill them because they kill the things i hate more, flying things in my face hehe

no way in hell i would walk under that $%^& in a windy day lol

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Spiders don't scare me, but if it ever snows centipedes, I will freak out big time!
I think centipedes are absolutely hideous!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
reply to post by scotsdavy1

If you clicked that thinking spiders actually evaporated into clouds and then began to precipitate over Brazil, then I think the problem lies elsewhere.

It's not unheard of. There are documented cases of fish, frogs raining out of the sky. It's quite simple: hurricanes or certain storms can pass over water, sucking fish or frogs into them - the storm can then transport them miles away, where the storm changes and they eventually fall to the ground. It happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The op here was like looking into a window on hell for me
But even with my terrible, irrational fear of spiders, i have to admit that the one in your vid is a stunningly beautiful creature, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
c'mon guys
this is a conspiracy forum and you're afraid of spiders!!! lol

could it be the magnetic lines combined with the electrical wires that makes em do this?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

You’re easier to look at than to read. There’s nothing like spewing agenda just to look good for your liberal leftist buddies.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by thepolish1

At the time I was horrified buy this spider and the funny thing is I couldn't stomp the thing it would be like stepping on a mouse lol!

Here is a pic of the family of spider I walked into.

Argiope aurantia (Black and Yellow Argiope)

Strange thing though, in general I hate spiders, but I don't mind jumping spiders, those little guys are smart, inquisitive and I find them very interesting.
During the spring they show up in my window seals and I let them go about their business of hunting housefly's.

edit on 9-2-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

Yes!!!! I know them!!! We call those Banana Spiders!!!! The first one!!!If you walk around the woods around here you can find a ton of those!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Don't worry about the jumping spiders. They are not dangerous. Only 2 poisonous species exist and both are tropical. They don't attack humans.

I like to think of spiders in my house as the clean up crew. They get rid of the things I do not want in my house. I know that the spiders do not want me, especially the jumping ones. They want smaller prey they can jump on. Sometimes I get them to jump on me and I carry them outside.

What about a Brown Recluse?? Their venom will eat your flesh, and kill you if you don't go to the doctor to get the dead tissue removed.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Flyingfish, I'd have to say this thread has made me laugh more than anything. I don't hate spiders, but I wouldn't want them on me either. I do have a phobia of grasshoppers though. Growing up in the late 70's- 80's, bellbottoms were in, and those little SOB's would jump up my pants legs. I can remember being on my swingset screaming for what seemed like hours, because one jumped up there........Ugh....Yes, I have to admit, some comments on here are pretty comical to me, but not to the phobic.........A bunch of guys camoed out with guns running around screaming like little girls, That's funny sh!t there!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
wooow! i would run like a little girl!

it always rains crazy stuff all over the world, wnder if its ever gonna rain money?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
spider cross bite 10 days www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mangust69

That could be The Brown Recluse spider, it has potentially deadly hemotoxic venom.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Haven't even watched the vid or read the comments and I already have the creepy-crawlies!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Okay, wired has come up with a possible explanation for the Raining Spiders in Brazil video.

It’s also possible the spiders were caught in the act of dispersing, and that the massive web overhead is temporary, though that’s more likely if the spiders are, in fact, Anelosimus eximius. An easy to make a determine which species they are is to look for the presence of an orb web, which would point toward Parawixia, Aviles said. Or better yet, snap a close-up photo of one of the spiders. Any volunteers?

Check out the rest of the article here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WTH man!!! You shoulda put up a warning with that clip OP!
I'd already had my bags packed ready to leave. I watched 5 seconds of that clip, now I feel itchy!! Yuck! I could never live with those things over my head....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Interesting.... from the date of the article, it looks like a far eastern European newspaper copied off of your thread. A dubious Congratulations is in order. They say copying your stuff is the best flattery. There you have it.

link deleted

ETA: Doing a little more internet research. It looks like it's all over google.... The only place it didn't hit is the US MSM, it seems.

Thanks for bringing the topic to ATS.

edit on 12/2/2013 by MarkJS because: formatting

edit on 12/2/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join