It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Spiders in Brazil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Ummm, no. Just no. lol I want them dead!

On another issue, this clip actually angers me. That camera can hone in on a tiny spider over thirty feet away and make every detail of that bug clear as day, but UFO clips come out grainy and blurred. WTF?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Ummm, no. Just no. lol I want them dead!

On another issue, this clip actually angers me. That camera can hone in on a tiny spider over thirty feet away and make every detail of that bug clear as day, but UFO clips come out grainy and blurred. WTF?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Now who says spiders are stupid, those are some smart little buggers.

Second.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ah that's because they have a perception field around them, so they will always appear grainy and some such you know the whole flying disk thing, even if you saw them with your own eyes they would appear as nothing but what your compelled to see them as. Its not an optical illusion they use mostly, even though most use that as well but mostly its a metal projection illusion.

Besides don't you know, if you want a UFO to appear to you one of the imperatives are that you must have a crappy camera, because only a crappy camera can capture something that may not quite be there.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
First of all it'snot rain it's spiders in webs.

This occurs in lots of places around the world given the right conditions, usually in trees but seldom like this on wires.

But your title 'raining spiders'make ATS seem like ordinary media is their over exaggeration to gets views.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When I see a spider I do my 'spider dance'. You yell and scream "Kill it, kill it!!!!!!!!!" while jumping around like an idiot.
I'm serious!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by lasertaglover

2-3 inches long, but they would jump towards movement!! Good gawd... that sounds like a nightmare to me!

I lived in Texas for awile and I know it sounds cliche but the spiders there are freakishly large. I was mowing the lawn one weekend and walked into a web line, it felt like fishing line across my face. When it snaped, part of the web came down on my head with this massive yellow and black spider on it! My wife said she thought I was on fire the way I ran around yard lke a little girl.

My GAWD...I hope I can see to type a response to this, as I have tears flowing from my eyes, and my stomach hurts from laughing.

I'm sure it wasn't to funny for you at the time. Here in the midwest, we have these little black hairy ones with a white dot on the abdomen, like you move the furniture and one of those will jump at you. Creepy crawlies don't freak me out, but that vid was totally neat. Wouldn't want to be there tho!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! Ha HAHAHAHA hahahah HAHAHAHA hAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
That is, for your information, my laughter of anger.
The laughter of anger is the laughter that inevitably, and uncontrollably ensues from a person when anger is no longer a relevant or admissible emotion to display upon said topics,

"It's just so irritating and conspiratorial that is has become hilarious and anger may no longer be valid."

Anybody? Nobody? Hm. LOL

edit on 9-2-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

yeah lots of edits, get over it I was trying to find a better way to explain lol

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Lovely topic for a thread! I will always find a glass jar and lid to catch spiders that come inside. I don't like the idea of spraying them with chemicals that neither of us need in our lungs. However the clip you have found is awesome. I saw a community of spiders making good use of their environment. Not that I would want to live anywhere near their community.

Kudos to the member who has learned about spiders and is teaching the rest of us to understand them. In Australia we have some of the deadliest animals in the world including the funnel web spider. A few times as a child I would reach into a dark place to retrieve a ball and then look in - to see a nest of red backs!!! I am soooooo lucky I didn't put my hand on one.

Great thread. In dream lore spiders can indicate money or luck. Interesting as they are I fully respect them and give them all the space they want - as long as it is outside my home.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That's what happens when you get rid of their home, the forests. They move into town and build their webs. Those things look pretty big.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
It's not raining spider at all! They have made a giant wen and that's it. Hate it when someone one here makes up a dynamic header to get attention ! This should be removed ASAP .

Sigh. The Title to the thread seems appropriate. I guess some people just need something to complain about?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

At the time I was horrified buy this spider and the funny thing is I couldn't stomp the thing it would be like stepping on a mouse lol!

Here is a pic of the family of spider I walked into.

Argiope aurantia (Black and Yellow Argiope)

Strange thing though, in general I hate spiders, but I don't mind jumping spiders, those little guys are smart, inquisitive and I find them very interesting.
During the spring they show up in my window seals and I let them go about their business of hunting housefly's.

edit on 9-2-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
These are our household friends in Australia, well sometimes anyway...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

COOL!
That sounds great I will be tuning in

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Dude's lucky a strong gust of wind didn't send those spiders his direction.

I think spiders are cool and I'm not afraid of them, but when walking through a spider web and not knowing it, now that is when i do start to freak out lol. Mainly due to a childhood memory of walking through one and then feeling something run across the back of my neck...let me let that sink in a little...and it was bigger then a quarter...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I will not watch the video, the title is enough to give me nightmares for a year, after Australia and Africa, Brazil is on my 'never to visit' list of countries, and continents.Now which one of you nice gentleman will be so kind to inform me if there are any jobs available in Antarctica, I heard it's spider free.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
on the bright side

lots of easy food for the birds, and less mosquitoes !

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I would cry like a 9 year old girl at a Hannah Montana concert... and I'm a 36 year old man. I can't put into words how much HATE spiders, although I do realize that they serve an important purpose (bug control) I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of spiders, but if one touches me.... I don't want to think about it!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why did I click on this thread?

I'm forgoing the bug spray and buying a flame thrower.

Shudders

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join