It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Spiders in Brazil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would be running off like a little girl just about now! These spiders look large and creepy to say the least. I have no idea what they are or why so many have gathered on these power lines. Does anyone know about this event, is this some nest or what?
I'm actually afraid of spiders, this video is my worst nightmare. Could you imagine being a city worker on these transformers.
I would be like,"take this job and shove it!"

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
F' that S'

I'm not a pansy about bugs by any means, but that would freak me out. Check off one more place never to visit.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's not raining spider at all! They have made a giant wen and that's it. Hate it when someone one here makes up a dynamic header to get attention ! This should be removed ASAP .

If you want to see large spider webs look here
edit on 8-2-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Maybe these spiders usually made their webs in trees but seeing as we cut down so much of the rain forest they have adapted to use power lines..

Just an idea

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

If you clicked that thinking spiders actually evaporated into clouds and then began to precipitate over Brazil, then I think the problem lies elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Spiderlings tend to swarm, when they hatch,, they can even fly high in the sky with their teeny winy webs,
cool critters they are

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Amazing Spiders man

Nah,seriously, cool post OP.S & F

No idea what to make of the clip but will be following the thread with interest to see what the ATS [ coughs ] experts make of your post.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you think that's bad, look at this,

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks in advance for the nightmares I am going to have tonight!

Why did I think pushing play was a good idea?

I understand the ecological role of spiders, but, even so, I still find them terrifying...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not really raining spiders.

That looked really cool actually. Spiders are really interesting. I'm the type that will just grab up a spider instead of smashing it. Of course the poisonous ones I don't touch.

That did really look wild. It did seem like they had no where to go, so they decided that was the best place to be.

Peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I lived in a suburb outside of Sao Paulo for several years and every year in March and April we used to get these monster spiders that dont look like the pic in the vid, but were uber freaky. The town, Granja Vianna, was far enough away from the urban jungle, that we often got lots of bad critters...snakes, bats, and very big bugs.

These spiders were only about 2-3 inches long, but they would jump towards movement, and had such a hard back that a boot was the safest method of stopping them.

We once found an enormous nest of them just down the road in a guard shack that all of the neighbors agreed to burn down. Hated them.

So not raining, but still a creepy vid from my second home. Thanks for posting.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Worlds most effective fly trap??? Very creepy..... Good post~

Though when I hear raining spiders.... My mind went to Cloudy with with a chance of Meatballs..... And I was sad...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
F' that S'

I'm not a pansy about bugs by any means, but that would freak me out. Check off one more place never to visit.

LOL! That's exactly what my wife said about me! Scratch Brazil for my vacation destiny.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
It's not raining spider at all! They have made a giant wen and that's it. Hate it when someone one here makes up a dynamic header to get attention ! This should be removed ASAP .

Whoa! I did not make up the video title...Don't shoot the messenger...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

2-3 inches long, but they would jump towards movement!! Good gawd... that sounds like a nightmare to me!

I lived in Texas for awile and I know it sounds cliche but the spiders there are freakishly large. I was mowing the lawn one weekend and walked into a web line, it felt like fishing line across my face. When it snaped, part of the web came down on my head with this massive yellow and black spider on it! My wife said she thought I was on fire the way I ran around yard lke a little girl.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

You actually expected to see literal spider rain?

Good grief.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ohhh I love spiders.. all kinds of arachnids and invertebrates.
Excellent thread OP! The website and business I have is related to breeding the boogers. Im mainly doing Poecilotheria's these days... my best breeder is a 8" Gooty Ornamental (P. Metallica) female.
Now if I could just find a bunch of these guys hanging out in webs all over the place... theyre godawful expensive!

P.S. yeah, some folks havent figured out the whole " use the title of the article/youtube regardless of how ridiculous it might be" rule here.
S&F

Not mine, but these are p metallica... some of the most beautiful tarantulas on the planet.. IMO
My previous avatar was a metallica, but I got several u2u from whiners that didnt like it... even a picture of it! LMAO!

edit on 8-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am itching and scratching like there's no tomorrow now.

Damn you all !

... may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits !

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I am itching and scratching like there's no tomorrow now.

Damn you all !

... may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits !

YAYY!!! Free spiderling food!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Wow
that blue spider is outrageous! I actually jumped in my chair when that thing grabbed the hopper.
Thanks for the videos

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join