Man quits job over 666 on his tax form

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since there isn't a Stupid forum I guess this is the next best place to post this.

Walter Slonopas received his W-2 tax form and found the number 666 stamped on it. Calling it a satanic omen, he quit his job. Slonopas, 52, was a maintenance worker at a metal manufacturing company in Clarksville, Tenn. called Contech Casting LLC. "I cannot accept this number. If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," Slonopas told ABC News.

ABC News

If the number 3 kept appearing on work related items this guy probably would have prayed at the time clock. Jeez!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOL at being afraid of numbers.
This guys vote counts the same as yours too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Let's just hope he never has to divide 2 by 3, or he might reject mathematics.

What a boob. Anyone looking for a job? I found one.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh well, to each his own.
Maybe he was just tired of his job and used this as an excuse.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
At the danger of sounding stupid like the man in the op.. Last week I was in a shop and my bill came to £6.66 and I did ask him to charge me £6.67.. I don't like that number either. Plus it was a gift for my nice so didn't want to jinx it.... I know it sounds silly but superstition is a funny thing..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My cell phone number ends 666. I didnt turn it in for another. Thats just silly. Although I dont believe the bible was written by God any more than I believe in the tooth fairy so thats why it doesnt bother me at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is the stupid forum.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
At the danger of sounding stupid like the man in the op.. Last week I was in a shop and my bill came to £6.66 and I did ask him to charge me £6.67.. I don't like that number either. Plus it was a gift for my nice so didn't want to jinx it.... I know it sounds silly but superstition is a funny thing..

Aw no, that's fine. If we are raised with such beliefs, even if we ourselves don't believe in it, we will notice that number. In my job, the machine I work on has an automatic counter. When it gets to 666 I make sure to keep going beyond it, and I'm an atheist!

But even if I believed in this crap I'm not going to quit my job over it. Just like when you still bought that gift. You paying a little more doesn't change the fact that the price was 6.66.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
A few years back

I bought a pack of deviled eggs and smokes the total came to $6.66

I was also reading The Number of The Beast by Heinlein

The Cashier said to me "Sorry about that" I said why it's just a number. Then showed her the book I was reading and her mouth went agape and she obviously had no clue what the book was about, I whispered "Spooky" gave her a wink and walked out smiling with a little laugh.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Since there isn't a Stupid forum I guess this is the next best place to post this.

Walter Slonopas received his W-2 tax form and found the number 666 stamped on it. Calling it a satanic omen, he quit his job. Slonopas, 52, was a maintenance worker at a metal manufacturing company in Clarksville, Tenn. called Contech Casting LLC. "I cannot accept this number. If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," Slonopas told ABC News.

ABC News

If the number 3 kept appearing on work related items this guy probably would have prayed at the time clock. Jeez!

What's he going to do if his unemployment checks have "666" on them, as well?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What's he going to do if his unemployment checks have "666" on them, as well?
reply to post by Cuervo

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You are evil just for thinking this. I love it!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
My ssn has a 666 in it. doesn't bother me a bit. but I did read that the social security administration will give people (with 666 in their numbers) a new number if they request it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We can only hope that when he goes to the un-employment office and takes a number off that little number giver outer, it's 666. What the hell will you do now Mr.Idiot.

new topics

top topics

join