It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agents Arrest Man After He Attempts to Bomb Bank in Oakland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The sad thing is, without FBI involvement behind the scenes -- this guy probably would never have actually done any harm to anyone. He probably had NO CLUE how to build a bomb, or even the courage to do it. That prodding undercover FBI agent most likley held his hand the whole way.

ETA: From what I've learned, the FBI targets people that they can easily manipulate. They probably saw some online ranting of his on youtube/facebook/message boards and zeroed in on him. Just because you spew hate filled rants, it does not mean you are a real threat.

Basically, they are coercing someone into committing a crime that they may or may not have done on their own. I guess the FBI has "precogs" in water-filled tanks that can see the future -- otherwise how can they know if someone will do something before they do it?
edit on 8-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

Yep, then they have a tailor-made story about "domestic terrorism" that they can use to take away more rights.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

To prove it was entrapment, you'd have to say that the agents forced someone into committing a crime they would have never done, or thought of doing on their own.

a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials.

Forced would imply coercion. Tricked is entrapment. Which would imply "encouragement". I'd say this case could qualify for entrapment.

Time to ban bombs folks...Oh wait.
edit on 2/8/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Could not the agent involved be named as a co-conspirator? If he was involved in this devious plot right up to the moment of attempted detonation, I would think he would be guilty of the same non-crime!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

Could not the agent involved be named as a co-conspirator? If he was involved in this devious plot right up to the moment of attempted detonation, I would think he would be guilty of the same non-crime!

I agree. Prosecute the agent not only for entrapment, but for aiding and abetting.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I was thinking more along the lines of, 'conspiracy to commit an act of terrorism'. I would almost bet the guy is going to be facing something involving the word "terror". There has been a serious lack of word usage lately and they don't want lose a golden egg so soon. At any rate, the agent was acting with him no matter what the excuse. He needs to be a co-defendant to the bitter end. If the agent has to sit with him, I'd almost bet they'd both be exonerated.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
One thing I can see here is CONSPIRACY!
From wiki.

In criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime at some time in the future.

If the agent had anything at all to do with this man, from planning to design, he is guilty of a conspiracy to commit a crime!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What I think would have been really cool is, if this guy would have secretly recorded this agent and turned him in to the local authorities. Would that not have been a hoot!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I do not get the point of bombing a branch bank in Oakland to start a civil war. That is just stupid. This guy if he took an IQ test would register in the low double digits. The Right Wingers they are so afraid of would not likely have anything to do with the Taliban in the first place. This is just a load of contrived crap in my opinion. We need to have cameras rolling 24/7 on the FBI and make them accountable to We the People. They are just doing psy-ops on the American people and wasting taxpayer money to justify their bloated budgets.

We really need some type of constitutional checks and balance restored and put the people back in charge of Washington D.C. These people just want press coverage dedicated to keeping people afraid and the budgets flowing. Thugs doing make work projects to keep the money flowing into their pockets.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
notice these foiled attempts... the FBI or whatever alphabet agency gave them the bomb/device beforehand and then bust him as they try to use it. Why not bust him on conspiracy to commit terrorism (when they found him) instead of enabling it all to unfold?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
notice these foiled attempts... the FBI or whatever alphabet agency gave them the bomb/device beforehand and then bust him as they try to use it. Why not bust him on conspiracy to commit terrorism (when they found him) instead of enabling it all to unfold?

Or, even before that. As I stated in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It makes absolutely NO sense that they would provide a faulty device, and go through all of this, just to arrest him, when the patriot act states plainly that he could have been indefinitely detained without trial just for contacts he had made.

So why do it?

Its media manipulation. They want the message out there, publicly, that they are 'stopping' some of these terrorists.

We are all being played.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join