It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agents Arrest Man After He Attempts to Bomb Bank in Oakland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Federal Agents Arrest Man After He Attempts to Bomb Bank in Oakland

www.fbi.gov

OAKLAND, CA—Federal agents arrested Matthew Aaron Llaneza, age 28, of San Jose, California, this morning after he allegedly attempted to detonate a vehicle-borne explosive device at a bank branch in Oakland.

Llaneza’s arrest was the culmination of an undercover operation during which he was closely monitored by the FBI’s South Bay Joint Terrorism Task Force. Unbeknownst to Llaneza, the explosive device that he allegedly attempted to use had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public. Llaneza was charged this morning by criminal complaint with attempt
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi all

Sry if this has been posted

This could have been real bad,Im sure glad they got this guy off the streets.

He actually built the bomb(with the help of an undercover FBI agent)drove it to the bank then tried to detonate it using a cell phone..

The bank was Bank of America branch at 303 Hegenberger Road in Oakland , maybe some atsers know it?

According to the complaint, in January and February 2013, Llaneza and the undercover agent constructed the purported explosive device inside a sport utility vehicle (SUV) parked inside a storage facility in Hayward, California. As part of the process of assembling the device, Llaneza purchased two cell phones to be used in creating and operating the trigger device for the car bomb. One of these cell phones was incorporated into the trigger device itself. The other was reserved for use on the night of the attack.

www.fbi.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I hate to say it, but it sounds like another set up to me. Like the 5 guys who wanted to bomb the OHIO State 82 bridge.

If they weren't prodded, they probably would never have thought of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The sad thing is, without FBI involvement behind the scenes -- this guy probably would never have actually done any harm to anyone. He probably had NO CLUE how to build a bomb, or even the courage to do it. That prodding undercover FBI agent most likley held his hand the whole way.

ETA: From what I've learned, the FBI targets people that they can easily manipulate. They probably saw some online ranting of his on youtube/facebook/message boards and zeroed in on him. Just because you spew hate filled rants, it does not mean you are a real threat.

Basically, they are coercing someone into committing a crime that they may or may not have done on their own. I guess the FBI has "precogs" in water-filled tanks that can see the future -- otherwise how can they know if someone will do something before they do it?
edit on 8-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by goou111

I hate to say it, but it sounds like another set up to me. Like the 5 guys who wanted to bomb the OHIO State 82 bridge.

If they weren't prodded, they probably would never have thought of it.

Sounds eerily similar to the Muhamed Muhamed case here in oregon.

Things really are started to heat up, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
FBI + Alleged bomb in van + They get him before it goes off

Can anyone say "Entrapment?"

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Thats exactly what it is, but just like the other case I mentioned in my first post, it wont matter. This person will go to jail for a LONG time.

And people will defend the FBI in their actions.
edit on 8-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

Technically, it's not.

To prove it was entrapment, you'd have to say that the agents forced someone into committing a crime they would have never done, or thought of doing on their own.

Because these people have shown a predisposition to some kind of "anti-this, anti-that", it slides through the court system.

They are using legal loopholes here. So yes, they actually can do this. The defense attorney's in past cases have never been able to work "entrapment" into the these.
edit on 8-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Lol, I love how federal agencies keep going around and creating "badguys" to arrest to make themselves seem relevant. Now, if I went around, breaking people's houses so I could get some work repairing them, wonder what would happen to me?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Probably charge him with intent to vandalize.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"According to the complaint, in January and February 2013, Llaneza and the undercover agent constructed the purported explosive device inside a sport utility vehicle (SUV) parked inside a storage facility in Hayward, California. As part of the process of assembling the device, Llaneza purchased two cell phones to be used in creating and operating the trigger device for the car bomb. One of these cell phones was incorporated into the trigger device itself. The other was reserved for use on the night of the attack"

Would he be able to build the explosives without the knowledge of the undercover agent? We will never know...

"Unbeknownst to Llaneza, the explosive device that he allegedly attempted to use had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public"

might prove he didn't know crap about explosives...

In my opinion they are just pushing people to commit crimes, and then arresting them... If you get anyone at a desperate time, and push the right buttons. they wight do something they would have not, if not for the proper push...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
[Because these people have shown a predisposition to some kind of "anti-this, anti-that", it slides through the court system.

I can say quite honestly, that I am anti-this and anti-that. But I can also say that I am not advocating killing anybody as well.

Maybe we need a counter-insurgency campaign that entraps FBI, DHS or what have you in these types of snares.

Then put them in the spotlight on the news. Of course, the MSM would have to play along, which I find highly unlikely. Unless you can sell it in terms of ratings.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That's a brilliant idea. Who needs the MSM though? Way more people watch youtube, and throw in facebook spreading it around too. Viral videos get way more watched than the idiotbox news I think.
edit on Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:54:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Problem is, you'd simply be arrested for criminal mischief, or something of that sort. As has been pointed out so many times-1 set of rules for us, a different one for them.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Problem is, you'd simply be arrested for criminal mischief, or something of that sort. As has been pointed out so many times-1 set of rules for us, a different one for them.

True dat...true dat.

The most transparent government ever.

I foresee a rough road ahead.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

the fbi did a good job getting this nut
its not always a conspiracy these nuts are out there

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lesson to be learned:

If all of a sudden you find yourself with a "new friend" that is trying to convince you to do more than just rant and rave or huff and puff...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This guy thought that he was talking with a representative of the Taliban

It was his idea to bomb the bank.

He created his own reality only it didn't work the way he thought it would.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
F B I

Fake Bombing Investigations

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

So... they are going to prosecute him for what, trying to "blow up" a building with a "non explosive device"? What injury has been caused? What was the amount of damage caused? What exactly IS the penalty for causing NO harm OR damage?
Oh wait... CONSPIRACY to commit a crime. It's a good thing the governments of the world never CONSPIRE to commit crimes. Oh wait... they do, don't they? Well I think this guy has no worries, the courts have set presidence in exonerating the government of the same thing!

edit on 8-2-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join