It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS texting twitter facebook we all have the same problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi people

For those interested the coffee table base is finished and will be posted with a picture tomorrow

But now to my thread
I was married to an Israeli girl and she used the phrase "I don't care" a lot when she meant "I don't mind" it was a cause of many huffy moments (I was younger and dumber).
So was just thinking.......I use buddy quite a lot, it's a term of endearment where I come from and have heard it used in a derogatory manner in films, so I try to remember to put a
when used.

Ats is now international with holy cow ! 278474 members, welcome guys when did that happen ?
My point is when writing you get no body language to read and could misconstrue the words. I know i've offended by innocent texts one in particular to a friend in Glasgow where "good for you" is a sarcastic comment apparently whereas here it's a genuine statement of good intent.

Just a thought for when reading or replying to posts

Cody

edit on 8-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by cody599 because: Massive face palm moment avoidence

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Someone calling me buddy, partner or pal, annoys the hell out of me, along with when people say "sir" like you "sir"...That one is usually intended to be condescending.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You bring up a very good point.I too have offended others with statements made here on ATS,as well as other sites.When I am typing a comment I often forget that things such as sarcasm,or humor are not always obvious in print.Thankfully,ATS offers emoticons which help to prevent misunderstandings.However,even those can be misconstrued.A thumbs up,for example,means something completely different in some cultures.That said,I wish more sites offered emoticons for they are truly helpful in getting a point across.S & F for you my friend.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by cody599

Someone calling me buddy, partner or pal, annoys the hell out of me, along with when people say "sir" like you "sir"...That one is usually intended to be condescending.

Listen guy, I don't know if you're being serious or not, my friend.

But I reeeeeeeeally enjoyed reading this post.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by cody599

Listen guy, I don't know if you're being serious or not, my friend.

But I reeeeeeeeally enjoyed reading this post.

I'm getting old

Or wise

new topics

top topics

join