Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Our dear friends live on... Believe it!

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For those that have lost a dear friend... worry not!

We will meet again in the light

Much love

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
When I read dear friends I thought you meant human until I got to the part about licking your face.

Very beautiful poem. I have lost many dear friends over the years and have special memories of each and every one of them.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jeez, I don't mean to sound cold, but just because we attach the label of 'friend' to an animal we humans like to think that Scruffy and Puff Ball are going to heaven. Well, what about that poor, yet very delicious chicken I ate last night?
edit on 2/8/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't worry they'll be there too. Might be a little peaved at us but...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wonderful post Akragon! Have you ever read the poem called the "Rainbow Bridge"....about how we will be re-united once again with our beloved pets once we pass on. You can google it I think. I'm not computer skilled or I'd try and put it on for you.

I have several pets I miss terribly and I hope it is real as I can hardly wait to see them again.

I thought the post was about human pals too at first. LOL. I have quite a few of them I miss too and oddly enough, there are one or two that probably would lick my face too.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well now, that would be a horse of a different color or should I say a bird of a different feather. Just hope that chicken isn't meeting you with a big smile and a rather large fork.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
reply to post by jiggerj

Well now, that would be a horse of a different color or should I say a bird of a different feather. Just hope that chicken isn't meeting you with a big smile and a rather large fork.

SHHH, I fully intend on eating it again.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No other prose could echo my own sentiments so accurately at this point in time.

Thank you, friend.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You're very welcome

I can't even read that poem without tearing up

it is truth... without a doubt

edit on 27-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I can't even read that poem without tearing up

The timing of your thread was a time that I wish didn't have to experience, just a 2 months prior to your thread lost my Boy Tyson.

Everything it says, when you call out their name and they want lick you to ease your pain,

Another thread by member Australiana asking where they go after their time here is finished is where I describe how I lost complete faith in absolutely everything after Tyson died and how he (licked my face to ease my pain) came to me through my sister in a dream of hers who at the same time was suffering because of the loss of Tyson.

Nothing can change the fact in my mind that heaven or a realm of existence after the one here is a real place when it comes to our positive nature, whether we create it with our conscious minds as a place to meet our loved ones after we leave here , who knows and who cares really, to understand it could allow us to try and manipulate it.

new topics

top topics

join