It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act's extended reach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Apparently the Patriot Act can probe Canadians who work for US companies in Canada:

cnews.canoe.ca...

brill

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Our research and analysis led us to the conclusion that the USA Patriot Act knows no borders...

This comes down to a sovereignty issue in my opinion.

If Canadian law cannot adequately protect a Canadian citizen from the laws of another nation we're either not exercising our sovereignty or it's being trampled!

Government contracts should not go to US companies since this is now a security risk. (gov't info going to US gov't)

Canadian companies contracting with American companies will have to re-evaluate their relationships if they know US Homeland Security comes with them.

Canadians who work for US companies should re-evaluate their priorities or at least make their concerns known to their employer.

US subsidiaries existing as a separate legal entity (or "person") should fight these requests in court. So why don't they? Because the parent company is complying with the US government and is "forcing" its FOREIGN subsidiary? Because the US Patriot Act says they have to?

Unbelievable!!

Good for the BC Government! Fight this all the way! ...oh and we also need the HELP! of US citizens. Let your government know that the Patriot Act is unacceptable!

The first priority after the election has to be the repeal of this piece of bovine excrement!

If US Homeland Security can do this to Canada�

� imagine what they can do to you at HOME.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i would more than love to help you repeal patriot act, and stop patriot 2. unfornately both major candidates support the bill or have in the past.

www.epic.org... (electronic privacy information center)
www.epic.org... (text usa patriot act)
www.epic.org... (general page explaining act)

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank god my field of expertise means I'll probably never work for a U.S. based company. Knowing that these things happen would make me think twice about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Our research and analysis led us to the conclusion that the USA Patriot Act knows no borders...

I know of at least one border it will never cross...

Me.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What next? Reduce the deficit by taxing foreigners living abroad?

Americans just don't understand why the rest of the world wont just fly right and abide by the laws they enact.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Isn't that what war does?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
FYI:

That page is not static.

The story at that link is changing over time.

Now they have some stuff from US Ambassador Paul Cellucci added to it. He's trying to reassure us.

Yeah right!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue

Isn't that what war does?

Brilliant

top topics

join