It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three-Year-Olds Chant ‘Union Power’ After Reading New Children’s Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Is your three-year-old preschooler chanting ‘union power’ these days? She might, if author Innosanto Nagara has his way.

Nagara wrote A is for Activist, a book supposedly geared for the children of the “99 percent.” In other words, a new vehicle has been developed for leftists to begin indoctrinating children.

“It’s pretty awesome to hear a three-year-old saying ‘union power,’” Nagara said in a YES! magazine interview.

B is for banner, as in a protest banner hanging off a construction crane
L is for LGBTQ, as in Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgendered and Queer
T is for Trans, as in transgendered
Z is for Zapatistas, as in Mexican revolutionary leftists

“This is an amazing book for toddlers,” wrote Oakland teachers union activist Mary Prophet
Source

WOW, are they serious? Nothing like indoctrinating young children before they even know their alphabet and numbers. I think this is just plain stupid and I think it falls into the category of abusing a child for personal agendas. It is too extreme for children this young. Think about the attitudes of these children later on in life. I am all for teaching children to think for themselves through critical thinking but impressing these thoughts in such a young and impressionable mind is wrong.

How say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Is your three-year-old preschooler chanting ‘union power’ these days? She might, if author Innosanto Nagara has his way.

Nagara wrote A is for Activist, a book supposedly geared for the children of the “99 percent.” In other words, a new vehicle has been developed for leftists to begin indoctrinating children.

“It’s pretty awesome to hear a three-year-old saying ‘union power,’” Nagara said in a YES! magazine interview.

B is for banner, as in a protest banner hanging off a construction crane
L is for LGBTQ, as in Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgendered and Queer
T is for Trans, as in transgendered
Z is for Zapatistas, as in Mexican revolutionary leftists

“This is an amazing book for toddlers,” wrote Oakland teachers union activist Mary Prophet
Source

WOW, are they serious? Nothing like indoctrinating young children before they even know their alphabet and numbers. I think this is just plain stupid and I think it falls into the category of abusing a child for personal agendas. It is too extreme for children this young. Think about the attitudes of these children later on in life. I am all for teaching children to think for themselves through critical thinking but impressing these thoughts in such a young and impressionable mind is wrong.

How say you ATS?

I agree. Let kids be kids until they are old enough to start understanding and getting involved into the adult world.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I don't see where it is any different than the pledge of Allegiance really, another mind trap designed to inspire loyalty to God and Country. I suppose if you are a worker you will be taken up with workers rights and causes. Initially Unions were effective representatives for worker but they admittedly have seen some corruption, still they are necessary. Clean them up but don't get rid of them and for Gods sake lets get the Department of Labor Relations up and running with a Director instead of stalling so laborers suffer...but I digress.

It does not appear this will be taught in public schools but is the opinion of one man and what he teaches his own children (or children of parents who happen to agree) is entirely his prerogative.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seems that Town Hall is sort of a right wing blog since I see an advert for Glenn Becks Agenda 21. Look it up on wiki before you believe what he tells you. The story of creation is clearer! lol But children are all indoctrinated into whatever their parents believe. I would be a racist like my parents if it were not for Public School where I learned differently but some kids have no escape from what is drilled into their malleable brains. I think why we have so many mixed up kids. Here for example is a vid claiming..

Glenn Beck is indoctrinating children...

Fireside Chat: Glenn Beck Indoctrinating Children? Here is an interesting video claiming Glenn Beck indoctrinates children into thinking a belief in God is required for them to be good Americans with classes like Faith, Hope and Charity 101. He doesn't exactly practice what he preaches as far as I can see..

Glenn Beck claims that a GPS device from the University of California to help immigrants cross the border is proof that American universities can indoctrinate children just like Iran and North Korea. But looking at Beck's own University, shows that he indoctrinates as well, claiming that America belief in God is the only truth.

Here is a great example of religion indoctrinating children...

Freemasons indoctrinating children....

This is what people do with their kids.
No, I don't think any of it is right.

But in my opinion teaching them activism and how to stick up for themselves and their rights
is far better than teaching them terrorism, or to hate another group of people.

edit on 8-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I apologize I did not see your addition to the post this is responding to until just now.

But in my opinion teaching them activism and how to stick up for themselves and their rights
is far better than teaching them terrorism, or to hate another group of people.

I do tend to agree with you on this point in that I feel the children should be taught critical thinking and how to think for themselves so they can be individuals rather than the mob that is used to further agendas of corrupt politicians later on down the road. It is better to teach them to question authority and how to go about maintaining their rights a citizens. I do however know that all children will take on the beliefs and attitudes of those they trust unless taught differently in a way they can understand and grasp. I know there is no easy answer. Part of me says children should be raised in the school system and not at home and the other part of me slaps that part in the face for even thinking it. We can't even get together in simple things much less how to raise children and what they should be taught. Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You forget the "indoctrination" doesn't work if parents don't buy the book in the first place. When it comes to instilling that in kids THAT young, yes, ma and pa are to blame for the purchase & subsequent indoctrination, not the author. Parents supporting the cause from prior to the purchase is even more important. How do you expect people who are disinterested or apathetic to aid in indoctrination if they're not already committed to the cause?
That said, I've never heard of the book, and it's not on my "to purchase" list for the foreseeable future. I'm all for printing whatever the frick you want, just don't expect me to buy it because it's a hot seller or has a bunch of publicity. Buzz & popularity are more a turn-off for me for purchases than an incentive.

I do have to ask, though. How is indoctrinating your kids into your political morals any different than indoctrinating your kids into your religious ones? Just curious about the justification differences there with kids being the unwittingly groomed either way.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Morons.

This is no different than a parent pushing the bible on their baby.

And for the record, Im a leftist. For the most part. As some would state it.

All you have to do is educate a child. Not brain wash them.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I agree 100% which is why I havn't introduced Religion and I was mad as heck when the um.....mother-in-law did it to my oldest when she was 7.

new topics

top topics

join