It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts-State of Emergency

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
I can't believe there are people actually complaining about this.

The state of emergency is just common sense. People shouldn't be driving to taco bell in blizzard conditions. This will cause more car accidents, deaths, etc.

You don't have the right to drive, hence why you have to get a license. It's a priveledge.

Go make snow angels or something...

lol

edit on 9-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

I am criticizing it as un-American because it is totally against the principles of freedom.

I am criticizing the lax mindset of those who claim to be citizens, but will justify any restrictions of freedom based on seeking "safety". Thereby endangering all of us by facilitating a useful environment for tyranny to breed.

I also criticize the audacity that people have to claim "People shouldn't be doing X or Y", especially when X or Y are totally normal things that people do under said conditions typically.

I could criticize this all night, and those who support it. For countless reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
By the way, does anyone have any recent news or footage of what's happening with the storm thus far ?

This high tide thing sounds really scary.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
By the way, does anyone have any recent news or footage of what's happening with the storm thus far ?

Last I watched the Weather Channel they said it is supposed to wind down around 1 PM this afternoon with us getting 2-4 inches today. Winds are still sposed to be gusty even into tonight, 25-35mph or so. Also sposed to get cold....-2 for a low tonight 15 below wind chill.

edit on 9-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

I understand your point of view, I just think there are far better things to fight against regarding the erosion of our rights than this is. California and Diane Frankenstein trying to one up the NY Gun ban for example.

No you don't.

You think freedom is so important to attack, that instead of being in some thread griping about Frankensteins gun bans, you are here promoting and defending martial law because of a snow storm.

Look at yourself. Please, reconsider all of your beliefs. You have been tricked and fooled down the wrong path here, clearly.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

No it's not really that scary.

It's just nature doing what it always does.

But I bet the way the media propaganda indoctrination makes it sound is really scary. Hype it up, sensationalize it, name the storm even....

link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Well Boston, MA shows that it is cold (go figure), heavy snow (go figure) and up to 5" of snow (go figure)......what the heck is the uproar about a winter storm? FEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Jesus we are a sad lot....

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Correct sir, most authoritarian violence purveyors will refuse to look at anything that proves they are criminals who hate human rights.

I am not prone to the authoritarian way, I like my freedoms, am for the 2nd Amendment, but I am in a mountainous region and people die here from lack of heat or getting stuck on a road. It's common sense. If they know this storm is going to be bad it may be the better part of prudence to request people stay off the streets.
I guess I missed the part about going to jail though. That is a bit extreme.

It looks like the airport has cancelled some 2600 flights through Saturday.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Says wind gusts up to 65 mph expected. That's Tropical force strength but with snow. The article also states that Amtrack has cancelled its scheduled trains.

I have yet to see trains stop running around here....
edit on 9-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Is this any good? A fishing pier webcam masswebcams.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

No because it is no where near 1600(est; 4pm est)......

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by CranialSponge

Well Boston, MA shows that it is cold (go figure), heavy snow (go figure) and up to 5" of snow (go figure)......what the heck is the uproar about a winter storm? FEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Jesus we are a sad lot....

The Mainstream Media has a Free Pass when it comes to Fear mongering.
That is because they are in bed with the corporations and the government powers.
The fear mongering benefits their benefactors, therefore it is legit.

However, if I, a citizen attempt to post a thread warning about anything, even some obscure yet easily provable danger that most people overlook, I would be attacked as fear mongering and my statements viewed as useless as a result.

It's a double standard that the MSM enjoys greatly.

Also another double standard they enjoy is the "unnamed sources" which they never have to back up with any evidence. Yet on ATS? Unnamed sources are the laughing stock.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

My friend works at the Mall of New Hampshire and as far as he's heard, they are planning to keep their regular mall hours till 9:30pm tonight. Those employees will be trapped in the parking lots.

Way late on this, but NH declared a sate of emergency soon after MA.
Once MA declared one, NH within 30 mins, told businesses like the Mall of NH to close down by 2:30pm Friday...... what happens Saturday is up to the corporate greed mongers.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I guess I'm from the old school way of thinking or something.

In my mind, weather warnings and advisories are just that, warnings and advisories for people to take into serious consideration. Whereas a enforced mandatory "state of emergency" that implements the threat of jail time if not fully complied by across an entire state (rural and urban) is an entirely different ballgame.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

I understand your point of view, I just think there are far better things to fight against regarding the erosion of our rights than this is. California and Diane Frankenstein trying to one up the NY Gun ban for example.

No you don't.

You think freedom is so important to attack, that instead of being in some thread griping about Frankensteins gun bans, you are here promoting and defending martial law because of a snow storm.

Look at yourself. Please, reconsider all of your beliefs. You have been tricked and fooled down the wrong path here, clearly.

I'm just here because it is an active thread at 5 AM. Martial law it is clearly not. I don't see armed military personnel shooting people on sight for being out after curfew. We really can disagree, it is ok. I am not going to change my mind over a declared state of emergency (which happens every hurricane btw). I don't agree with the excessive fines and threatened jailtime and have said as much. I can't see any wrong with issuing the State of Emergency though.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Look at the backwards logic going on here!

I am called "overreacting", even though I claim the storm isn't a big deal and that it's over hyped.

The "prudent" belief is to declare martial law, even for pedestrians walking, throw the Constitution out for a few days, because of a big scary storm?

It's backwards logic folks. They got you chasing your tail.

Freedom is actually the real "Prudent" action, and "Martial Law" is actually the fear based "overreaction".
edit on 9-2-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by JibbyJedi

My friend works at the Mall of New Hampshire and as far as he's heard, they are planning to keep their regular mall hours till 9:30pm tonight. Those employees will be trapped in the parking lots.

Way late on this, but NH declared a sate of emergency soon after MA.
Once MA declared one, NH within 30 mins, told businesses like the Mall of NH to close down by 2:30pm Friday...... what happens Saturday is up to the corporate greed mongers.

Not surprising, being right next to the NH border I figured as much

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

It is one thing to declare a "state of emergency"; which by the way has really nothing to do with the citizens of the respective state and everything to do with Federal monies....so really declaring it was a preemptive strike by the states to get in line to the Federal trough.

But declaring such a state doesn't give carte blanche to the State to limit the free movement of peoples because they say so. That in its self is draconian and people should use common sense when they move about their lives as they need to do, not as the Government has decided they need to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I am called "overreacting", even though I claim the storm isn't a big deal and that it's over hyped.

I should be without power right now according to predictions.
Haven't had a flicker yet.

It's a light snow, no branches I can see have stickage to them.
I think I over prepared....

The old 2012 bunker has got to be good for something, no?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I should be without power right now according to predictions.
Haven't had a flicker yet.

It's a light snow, no branches I can see have stickage to them.
I think I over prepared....

The old 2012 bunker has got to be good for something, no?

I've had flickers a handful of times, but hasn't gone out. Weather like this makes me jumpy since the ice storm a few years back where we lost power for 4 days. At any rate, I gotta get some sleep so I can crawl my arse outta bed before noon. It's been fun ladies and gents, catch ya all later on.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
In NY cars are stuck on the expressway

bigstory.ap.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join