It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dereliction of Duty: Obama Did Nothing to Save American Lives in Benghazi--and Lied About It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am stating the FACT that he didn't attend his security briefings. As for proof of that .. use the search function here

1. You made the claim, you provide the proof
2. You are telling me to get my proof from ATS threads....

3. It is very common for people who have no clue what they are talking about to dodge having to provide proof...because they know they are just trying to spread BS.

Fox News execs would be proud to see your posts.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Sorry. But there's no way they KNEW at 1700 that there was absolutely nothing that could be done. You know what? Even if I knew there was nothing to do, I,as a commander, would BE THERE. Yes. Stay up all night. I've done it in the army and in my subsequent career. You're in goddamn command. You damn well better be present when the # hits the fan and people are dying. You hope against hope that SOMETHING comes to you, that some opportunity presents itself, that allows you to do something to help the situation. In hindsight you may know there was nothing to do (and that's the position you're arguing from) but in that moment, a LEADER is there, involved, in the hope that something CAN be done.

I can tell you dont get it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Again with the FOX news comment. This isn't the Democratic Underground ya' know ...
Washington Post - Obama Skipped At Least Half His Security Briefings

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mmmm... did nothing to save American lives?

Well it wouldn't be the first time now would it? Just ask any surviving members of the USS Liberty!

Anyhoos... since when did the politicians give a hoot about anyone but themselves? Even the people who work for them are expendable and can be cast off if it's necessary when a shady op goes bad.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Sorry. But there's no way they KNEW at 1700 that there was absolutely nothing that could be done. You know what? Even if I knew there was nothing to do, I,as a commander, would BE THERE. Yes. Stay up all night. I've done it in the army and in my subsequent career. You're in goddamn command. You damn well better be present when the # hits the fan and people are dying. You hope against hope that SOMETHING comes to you, that some opportunity presents itself, that allows you to do something to help the situation. In hindsight you may know there was nothing to do (and that's the position you're arguing from) but in that moment, a LEADER is there, involved, in the hope that something CAN be done.

All Americans were secure and evacuated 3 hours after the attack began.

I don't think you have a clear understanding of what happened...please go look at the timeline.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
Again, what would you have liked him to do?

Get off the golf course .. attend his security briefings .. do his job .. and stop telling lies about 'anti-muslim videos on the internet' in order to try to cover his incompetence.

Obama plays golf 100th time during presidency June 2012
ABC News - Obama Golfer in Chief

Or continue to repeat what the Right Wing media tells you and parrot it every chance you get.

Dude ... again with that ?? Get off it ...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
at 3:40 pm eastern, there was an explosion and gunfire.

at 5:15 pm eastern, obama was briefed at the whitehouse, by panetta, in person, about the situation on the ground in bengazi.

i'am quite sure they both knew what was actually happining.
5 hours and 25 min. to deploy the FAST teams, that were an hour and a half away.
but did nothing.

X
keep defending the incompetents yadoosh...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Again with the FOX news comment. This isn't the Democratic Underground ya' know ...
Washington Post - Obama Skipped At Least Half His Security Briefings

When you literally are repeating what Fox News hosts/contributors are saying...it's kind of hard not to comment on it....it's hilarious.

As for your "source"...a "conservative research organization"
...I guess you missed this part of the article.

He says that the president reads his PDB every day

Kind of blows your BS out of the water.

We have you pissing and moaning because he doesn't physically attend a meeting, instead he reads the briefing himself (and I'm sure he has advisors with him)...and we have someone else pissing and moaning because Obama didn't stay up all night when NOTHING WAS GOING ON.

Seriously, you guys need a productive hobby...irrational hate is not a healty past time.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

All Americans were secure and evacuated 3 hours after the attack began.

I don't think you have a clear understanding of what happened...please go look at the timeline.

I started off being thankful you could actually articulate your side. Little did I know it was just clever parroting of talking points. Ok. You fooled me.

It's clear you are either choosing not to see my point of view (whether you accept it or not, at least you could understand what you read in my posts), or are incapable of doing so.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the best.

Your argument (coming with the benefit of hindsight) misses the point. Obama did not in this case act as I expect a leader to act. I know leaders and leadership. I've gained the loyalty (and lifelong friendship) of others through the exercising of my leadership and through following some of the best men I've known. I'll stand by my assessment of a good leader. Obamas actions here do not typify such. That's not something I can explain to you, I guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

When you literally are repeating what Fox News hosts/contributors are saying...it's kind of hard not to comment on it....it's hilarious.

When you whine unendingly when Obama is exposed as an incompetent boob, you are repeating what the MSNBC partisan hacks are saying .. it's hilarious.

Kind of blows your BS out of the water.

You buy into the bull about him SUPPOSEDLY reading a bulleted piece of paper each day?? Obviously he didn't ... and a piece of paper isn't the same as meeting with security officials and getting face-to-face indepth information about what is happening on the planet. Obviously the little pieces of paper that he was SUPPOSEDLY reading didn't get the job done, or he would have understood the situation in that part of the world and our people might not be dead.

He needs to get off the freak'n golf course and to the job. But then again .. YOU said he was doing the best he could. So it looks like he isn't capable of doing much else other than golf ...

Seriously, you guys need a productive hobby...irrational hate is not a healty past time.

Seriously, you need to stop defending the indefendable ... irrational LUV for Obama is not a healthy past time.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
executives delegate

that's the job

propaganda shills spin it into acts of treason

that's the job

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

seems you have some hate in you.

better get your dog under control.
you know the one who loves all the "left wingers" in the media.
you know the one who is on a murderous rampage in L.A.

maybe you should be put on watch list, because of your love for the "left wingers", and your HATE of the "right wingers".

you might end up snapping one day.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I started off being thankful you could actually articulate your side. Little did I know it was just clever parroting of talking points. Ok. You fooled me.

That's cute.

My argument is articulated fine...it is you and the other person that can't really say what was wrong with what Obama did. It is the two of you using all the buzzwords and talking points.

Tell me...what talking point am I parroting?

Your argument (coming with the benefit of hindsight) misses the point. Obama did not in this case act as I expect a leader to act. I know leaders and leadership. I've gained the loyalty (and lifelong friendship) of others through the exercising of my leadership and through following some of the best men I've known. I'll stand by my assessment of a good leader. Obamas actions here do not typify such. That's not something I can explain to you, I guess.

You can't make one specific argument for what you wanted Obama to do. The attack was done and over by the time he got his briefing, it was a quick attack...3 hour duration where Americans were attacked and evacuated.

But somehow, you wanted Obama to prevent that...and now that you see how foolish that position is...now you just wish he stayed up all night waiting for something else to happen so he could "maybe" do something about it.

If you are suggesting that Obama has not shown leadership and doesn't have people that respectfully follow him and trust him, then you are simply a troll.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

[qoute]When you whine unendingly when Obama is exposed as an incompetent boob, you are repeating what the MSNBC partisan hacks are saying .. it's hilarious.

Please point out where I parroted anything.

You on the other hand with your "golf" attacks, is just pathetically right out of the Right Wing media.

You buy into the bull about him SUPPOSEDLY reading a bulleted piece of paper each day??

LOL, yes, just believe the bits and pieces of the article that you want to...ignore everything else. You know...like Fox News does.

He needs to get off the freak'n golf course and to the job. But then again

There you go again.

Do you know how unintelligent you using this "golf" argument makes you look?

And look, you even parrot me...not an independent thought in that head of yours.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I've made my points. You choose to ignore or misunderstand. I'll not repeat everything unendingly for you.

I've attempted to address each of your concerns and explain my position and/or opinions. You choose to ignore or misunderstand. If you don't get it by now, you won't ever get it.

I'm pretty sure everyone here can see just who the troll is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by timetothink

Try 3 hours from start to finish...the last entry on the timeline is when Libyan forces regained control...but the response teams had already regained control of their buildings.

So...please tell me...what would you have liked Obama to do in response? Bomb something with Americans on the ground? Please don't say send in troops...do you honestly think that could happen in 3 hours?

Maybe a flyby, just to let them know there IS a force to be reckoned with. What??? No one ready to sramble.....surely you jest. Over 200 OTHER threats also on that same day.....yet NO ONE was prepared to do a damn thing. I guess the boyscouts were busy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If George Bush would have been killing innocents with drones and left Americans to die in Libya, democrats would be going crazy and calling for his head.

When Obama commits these atrocities, they run to defend him....it's really pretty disgusting.

I remember when democrats were once compassionate and reasonable--now there just as crazy as the extreme right wingers..only nastier!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I edited this ... I'm not going to bother responding to someone who is addicted to MSNBC ...

- The fact is that Obama didn't attend his security briefings but managed to go golfing so much that ABC calls him 'The golfer in chief'.

- The fact is that Obama wasn't 'up' on the world security situation.

- The fact is that Obama LIED and MISLEAD the American people and tried to blame an Islamic terrorist attack on a stupid internet video that practically no one had seen.

- The fact is that Obama did not do his job. And if this is Obama 'doing the best he can' .. as one partisan poster here said .. then that's pretty darn pathetic.

edit on 2/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The really damning issue in my mind is the story line of not having enough time to get people or armed drones there to help. How did they know this wouldn't last at least 24 hours?

I'm glad the question was asked yesterday. I used to have a modicum of respect for Panetta, but not any more. He couldn't even look up and look his questioners in the eye. He knows those guys were left for dead. Obama and all these bums should be impeached. This was a crime of the first order. The president swears to protect the nation and it's territories. We'll an embassy is US sovereign US territory. He did nothing and was probably asleep while these guys were being slaughtered.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Remember when Obama asked you who you would want answering that phone in three in the morning?

51% of the people picked him and he didn't answer it when it rang.

He ignored the call and people died!

It has nothing to do with anti Obama people.....it has to do with him!

Tell me, what could Obama have done to stop the attack?

The attacks were quick 15-45 minutes long...and spread out over 6 hours.

Obama is not Superman...no matter how much you hate Obama...this wasn't an event to mobilize the entire military or start bombing people.

Obama made the correct call..there was nothing to do...people died because of our foreign policy over the last two decades...not because of Obama not sending in the entier military in response to a very very small attack.
You have no idea what you're talking about and it shows. It is also clear you're hear as an Obama apologist and are not interested in the truth. You my friend, can be ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join