It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dereliction of Duty: Obama Did Nothing to Save American Lives in Benghazi--and Lied About It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by jibeho

Enough!

If your goal is to expose the supposed lies Obama said and educate others, then yeah, this is a good bedtime story.

If your goal is to try exposing him and have him ousted, you will have better luck flying through the sun without getting burned.

We are all free to say certain things on ATS but in this case, I gotta tell ya, buddy, give it up!

I was thinking that, but you said it.

2nd

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah, the death of four Americans, one an Ambassador, is really something to troll about.

That was so funny. /S

What else left is there to do with rabid anti-Obama people?

"the lie" in the OP isn't a lie to anyone except those inside the Right Wing bubble who listen to Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. Panetta was asked what ACTIONS they took against the attacks...he said "none"...because they didn't...it was a quick attack, done and over. The CIA responded and that was that...attack over...end of story. Obama siad they are going to do things to INVESTIGATE the attack...and the OP tries to say that is an ACTION against the attacks.

It's Right Wing lunacy plain and simple...there is nothing left to do except make fun of their idiocy.

Ahhh again, you said what I was thinking.

2nd

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

So sorry only 6 hours:

Sept. 11: The Attack 2:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (8:30 p.m. Benghazi time): U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens steps outside the consulate to say goodbye to a Turkish diplomat. There are no protesters at this time. (“Everything is calm at 8:30,” a State Department official would later say at an Oct. 9 background briefing for reporters. “There’s nothing unusual. There has been nothing unusual during the day at all outside.”) 3 p.m.: Ambassador Stevens retires to his bedroom for the evening. (See Oct. 9 briefing.) Approximately 3:40 p.m. A security agent at the Benghazi compound hears “loud noises” coming from the front gate and “gunfire and an explosion.” A senior State Department official at the Oct. 9 briefing says that “the camera on the main gate reveals a large number of people – a large number of men, armed men, flowing into the compound.” About 4 p.m.: This is the approximate time of attack that was given to reporters at a Sept. 12 State Department background briefing. An administration official identified only as “senior administration official one” provides an official timeline of events at the consulate, but only from the time of the attack — not prior to the attack. The official says, “The compound where our office is in Benghazi began taking fire from unidentified Libyan extremists.” (Six of the next seven entries in this timeline — through 8:30 p.m. EDT — all come from the Sept. 12 briefing. The exception being the 6:07 p.m. entry, which comes from Reuters.) About 4:15 p.m.: “The attackers gained access to the compound and began firing into the main building, setting it on fire. The Libyan guard force and our mission security personnel responded. At that time, there were three people inside the building: Ambassador Stevens, one of our regional security officers, and Information Management Officer Sean Smith.” Between 4:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m.: Sean Smith is found dead. About 4:45 p.m.: “U.S. security personnel assigned to the mission annex tried to regain the main building, but that group also took heavy fire and had to return to the mission annex.” About 5:20 p.m.: “U.S. and Libyan security personnel … regain the main building and they were able to secure it.” Around 6 p.m.: “The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o’clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack.” 6:07 p.m.: The State Department’s Operations Center sends an email to the White House, Pentagon, FBI and other government agencies that said Ansar al-Sharia has claimed credit for the attack on its Facebook and Twitter accounts. (The existence of the email was not disclosed until Reuters reported it on Oct. 24.) About 8:30 p.m.: “Libyan security forces were able to assist us in regaining control of the situation. At some point in all of this – and frankly, we do not know when – we believe that Ambassador Stevens got out of the building and was taken to a hospital in Benghazi. We do not have any information what his condition was at that time. His body was later returned to U.S. personnel at the Benghazi airport.” About 10:00 p.m.: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issues a statement confirming that one State official was killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Her statement, which MSNBC posted at 10:32 p.m., made reference to the anti-Muslim video.

www.factcheck.org...

Like it or not Obama is the top boss.....it falls on him.

Just like everything that happened before you blame on Bush.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Maybe he's just incompetent... Or maybe he IS truly evil - I doubt it, but who really knows, right? Whichever, this type of (in)action is not what I expect of a president.

Maybe all of the above.

And as Hillary would say it, "What difference does it make?"

The fact of the matter is, Obama failed his duties, and as the congressional hearings
wore on one thing is plainly clear about this, it is bizarre to see them, and yes all of them,
Hillary, Obama, Panetta, Rice.... try and defend themselves.

The only defense they have is they simply dont care, and they dont want to
be bothered
by having to answer for the utter failure to respond an any competent fashion.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Try 3 hours from start to finish...the last entry on the timeline is when Libyan forces regained control...but the response teams had already regained control of their buildings.

So...please tell me...what would you have liked Obama to do in response? Bomb something with Americans on the ground? Please don't say send in troops...do you honestly think that could happen in 3 hours?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by timetothink

Try 3 hours from start to finish...the last entry on the timeline is when Libyan forces regained control...but the response teams had already regained control of their buildings.

So...please tell me...what would you have liked Obama to do in response? Bomb something with Americans on the ground? Please don't say send in troops...do you honestly think that could happen in 3 hours?

First, thanks for actually stating your case. It's refreshing to hear you articulate your opinions without the nonsense I mentioned above.

BUT. I think you're missing my point. 3 hours or 24... Obama wouldn't have known cuz he couldn't be bothered to check in on the situation. That is NOT what I expect of my CiC.
edit on 8/2/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

BUT. I think you're missing my point. 3 hours or 24... Obama wouldn't have known cuz he couldn't be bothered to check in on the situation. That is NOT what I expect of my CiC.

Then what do you expect?

Everyone is so outraged with Obama's response...but what would you have liked to see any President do in response to small and quick attack like this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I expect him to be IN the loop. In the situation room or linked in. I expect him to be present to take advantage of ANY opportunity that may present itself.

He wasn't. He didn't. He couldn't.

This was on 9/11 for f's sake! While bad enough, this could have turned out to be something much worse. But, how would Obama know? He never even checked in...

Maybe in this case (MAYBE!) there truly was nothing anyone could have done. While I am not personally convinced of that fact at this point, maybe it's true... But his behavior is (again) not what I expect of my CiC. His behavior precluded his taking any action in this (and I suspect this type of behavior isn't some kind of outlier for him) instance. Again, not my idea of a good commander.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I expect him to be IN the loop. In the situation room or linked in. I expect him to be present to take advantage of ANY opportunity that may present itself.

He wasn't. He didn't. He couldn't.

Maybe in this case (MAYBE!) there truly was nothing anyone could have done. While I am not personally convinced of that fact at this point, maybe it's true... But his behavior is (again) not what I expect of my CiC. His behavior precluded his taking any action in this (and I suspect this type of behavior isn't some kind of outlier for him) instance. Again, not my idea of a good commander.

What do you mean he wasn't in the loop? Because he didn't sit in a room all night, he isn't in the loop?

You have still failed to say EXACTLY what you expect a President to do in a quick attack like this. Do you want him to drop a bomb? Do you want him to send in troops into a country that is in a civil war?

You don't have a good answer...because you don't know what you are supposed to think. All you know is that the right wing media is telling you to be outraged and so you are...but you have no clue what you think the correct response should have been.

Maybe...just maybe, you don't know what the correct response should have been because the correct response was made by Obama and you can't admit it.

btw...for all in this thread...can we stop using the buzzwords...I just turned Fox News on for 5 minutes and I heard "Dereliction of Duty", "The phone rang an no one answered", and "he wasn't in the loop". At least try to think for yourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I've explained what I expect a good commander to do. Maybe you missed it while turning to FoxNews. And I resent you insinuating I don't know what to think and parrot fox. I do know what I would have done. I'd have BEEN F'ing THERE to take advantage of ANY opportunity. You're missing the point that goes beyond this one issue... I've already allowed that maybe there truly was nothing to be done... BUT OBAMA WOULDN'T, COULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THAT. He never even checked in. Therein lies my problem.

Now please, continue to tell me what I know and how I know it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
there may be more to this story than you think.

why would obama allow panetta to testify that obama did not know anything or do anything at all?
same for hillary?

this testimony makes the four of them look incompetent, but at the same time, distances them from the blame.

so if something came about later, like "gun running", they could claim ignorance.

fast and furious ring a bell?
edit on 8-2-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I've explained what I expect a good commander to do. Maybe you missed it while turning to FoxNews. And I resent you insinuating I don't know what to think and parrot fox. I do know what I would have done. I'd have BEEN F'ing THERE to take advantage of ANY opportunity. You're missing the point that goes beyond this one issue... I've already allowed that maybe there truly was nothing to be done... BUT OBAMA WOULDN'T, COULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THAT. He never even checked in. Therein lies my problem.

What opportunity did Obama not take advantage of?

In the 3 hour period that the attack was going on...what did Obama not do to your satisfaction?

You seem to be avoiding this question alot.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

In the 3 hour period that the attack was going on...what did Obama not do to your satisfaction?

Funny that - the reason they are avoiding it is there is nothing obama could have done..... but they ignore that fact.

This is what they wanted him to do

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What opportunity did Obama not take advantage of?

Christ on a stick! Did you not read my post. HE WASN'T THERE TO KNOW WHETHER HE COULD OR COULD NOT DO ANYTHING.

Last time. I've already allowed that in this instance, MAYBE, there was nothing that could be done. But how would Obama even have known that when he NEVER CHECKED IN. His actions in this instance are NOT what I expect of a CiC. Ie: Be in F'ing command...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
If your goal is to try exposing him and have him ousted, you will have better luck flying through the sun without getting burned.

If someone had a goal of ousting Obama, they wouldn't be wasting their time at ATS. They'd be out picketing and marching on DC or something ... not talking in a chat room on the internet.

Tell me, what could Obama have done to stop the attack?

If he had bothered to go to the security briefings he might have known what the situation there was and not had the people put in harms way to begin with. He blew off his security briefings .. but found plenty of time to go golfing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Christ on a stick! Did you not read my post. HE WASN'T THERE TO KNOW WHETHER HE COULD OR COULD NOT DO ANYTHING.

What do you mean he wasn't there? They had their little pow wow, went over possible actions, decided none were feasible, and that's it.

Did you want him to stay up all night to see if another attack happened??? This was a quick attack, they sent a drone with a camera to get intel, it didn't show much, there was nothing to do...that was the end of it.

You have retreated to this illogical argument that "he wasn't there"...because you have nothing else...Obama did all he could.

You are just complaining just to complain...admit it...whatever Obama would have done...you would be pissed about it. Let's not forget, Obama killed Osama Bin Laden...and the Right Wingers were pissed about that too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he had bothered to go to the security briefings he might have known what the situation there was and not had the people put in harms way to begin with. He blew off his security briefings .. but found plenty of time to go golfing.

Are you suggesting Obama ordered Stevens to go to Benghazi to this meeting?

But just for giggles...why don't you provide proof of these specific security briefings that he skipped that said there was immediate danger at the Benghazi consulate.

But no...we are left with Fox News/Right Wing media parrots about golfing...because Obama can do nothing but sit at his desk in the oval office...if he does anything else...OH NOES...HE IS IGNORING THE COUNTRY.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What do you mean he wasn't there?

He wasn't there. He didn't go to security briefings. He didn't know what the world situation was. He didn't know what the benghazi situation was. If he did .. he might not even have had people there in harms way. The dude was too busy out golfing to find time to get security briefings. he's pathetic.

Obama did all he could..

If this is the best he can do .. then he's an incompetent boob.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I am stating the FACT that he didn't attend his security briefings. As for proof of that .. use the search function here .. there are dozens of threads attesting to that fact. HE DID NOT GO. Therefore, he had no knowledge of the world situation, the benghazi situation, the egyptian situation, the syrian situation ... or how in danger our people were in benghazi.

The dude was too busy golfing to go to security briefings.
And that's not a "PARROT" talking .. that's just the truth.

If he had gone then perhaps he would have understood that the people were left open to attack and were vulnerable. But no ... he didn't go. He didn't care. If he had cared .. he would have gone and done his freak'n job.

edit on 2/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What do you mean he wasn't there?

He wasn't there. He didn't go to security briefings. He didn't know what the world situation was. He didn't know what the benghazi situation was. If he did .. he might not even have had people there in harms way. The dude was too busy out golfing to find time to get security briefings. he's pathetic.

Obama did all he could..

If this is the best he can do .. then he's an incompetent boob.

Again, what would you have liked him to do?

We have people in harms way all over the world, it's one of the drawbacks of being the world police.

Please provide some specific proof that he skipped a security briefing involving Benghazi to go golfing.

Or continue to repeat what the Right Wing media tells you and parrot it every chance you get.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join