It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Fossil Dated Could be Older Than 525,000 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 1questioner

When you say human, do you mean modern Homo Sapiens?

Actually, though, we are not Homo Sapiens. We are the sub genus, Homo Sapiens Sapiens (don't know if that makes us twice as evolved!).

Could be a side of the family we never previously knew about (like Denisovians or Hobbits) or the one we directly descended from (which would be majorly interesting).

Whatever the outcome, well spotted to the OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Now does this information apply to human or humanoid? Is the jaw bone the same as present humans? I think it just means that initially we and other humanoids had the same ancestors separating long ago.
edit on 11-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If someone challenges what they were taught here they will be discredited by their peers.
No, they are expected to prove it, and universities are constantly producing bright young sparks that want to make their marks (and thereby careers) in their fields by doing just that.

Look at the whole Clovis debate, where the paradigms are changing as we watch.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

If someone challenges what they were taught here they will be discredited by their peers.
No, they are expected to prove it, and universities are constantly producing bright young sparks that want to make their marks (and thereby careers) in their fields by doing just that.

Look at the whole Clovis debate, where the paradigms are changing as we watch.

They are acknowledging that there were other European cultures here in America before Columbus didn't discover America also, I am glad to see that. I read somewhere that there was evidence in California of Asians that had come here a long time ago. The whole history used to be a huge power struggle. The Native Americans that lived here were not heathens, they were a civilization complete with a trade network. Evidence was consistantly destroyed to show they were heathens. The same was done throughout Europe in the past.

There were people here before the ice age and finally the sciences concerning this are acknowledging this. They did not all come through the north either, I think they had ships long before we formally accept they did. I try to use common sense, lack of evidence does not mean that it is not true, it just means that there is no evidence yet. I have kept tract of science for many years and denial based on lack of accepted evidence has been used to discredit a lot of reality. We cannot allow deceit or misconceptions to rule the world either but what happened to advanced thinking? Common sense should be allowed to be an influence and not completely denied because of lack of evidence that exists but has not been allowed because of consensus of the time.

I understand what is going on and understand that history has been destroyed for the sake of greed and profit. This destroys the ability to substantiate the validity of things. The artifacts I have found are impossible to date, I can't use depth as evidence since I have scraped the landscape with my tractor in the areas around here. On top of that the past civilizations had a habit of burying things as a gift to the earth on this old ceremonial site on top of the hill. I am impressed with their mosiac techniques of cementing cut and ground broken rocks to the tops of other rocks to make pictures of wildlife and other things.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I try to use common sense, lack of evidence does not mean that it is not true, it just means that there is no evidence yet. I have kept tract of science for many years and denial based on lack of accepted evidence has been used to discredit a lot of reality. We cannot allow deceit or misconceptions to rule the world either but what happened to advanced thinking? Common sense should be allowed to be an influence and not completely denied because of lack of evidence that exists but has not been allowed because of consensus of the time.
I'm not going to suggest that no academic has ever dug in their heels to protect their pet theory. Having worked in the trades at a university has given me a unique perspective on whether or not having a PhD precludes one from being an arse. But in spite of entrenched mindsets, be they academically or religiously or otherwise dogmatically inspired, we regularly witness new discoveries in the sciences. These discoveries are entirely based upon those exercising their common sense and by advanced thinking.

But as the textbooks are being re-written, they have to be done so to the best of the current knowledge base. Look at the much-revered Ancient Aliens. There are many on this site that would give that steaming pile of...well, manners forbid, eh?...give it equal if not greater credence than science. To accept unproven conjecture as the real deal is to engage a slippery slope that makes every nut-bar with a book to sell an 'expert'.

Two words protect us from becoming an idiocracy: "Prove It".
edit on 11-2-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: of style, my man...style.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I have to admit that Archeology is starting to get better at accepting that what was thought to be true before may have been a misconception. It was common practice in the past to follow the leader and this caused flaws that are hard to irradicate from the science. I have done a lot of studying on what I found here and learned a lot from it. Maybe what I found is not valuable or impressive to others but it is to me. With all the research I have done and talking to the Indians it has opened my eyes to the differences and similarities of ancient and modern cultures. Our quest for perfect is flawed, nature is perfect even though we cannot see it.

One of the things I noticed about these ancient people is that things were created to look like things in nature. Something that is still evident today. A pick axe looks like a dorsal fin and a spade is shaped like a hand. A handplane is shaped like a bird. Up until a few years back I see that some drawplanes were still shaped like birds. Maybe they did this because the birds made nests out of the shavings. Until recently a lot of things were similar to what was found in nature. Look at the old cars with an open mind. The new headlights on cars almost look like the eyes of the asians

The ancient people here had different wants and desires than we have today. Gold from the now depleted gold mines around here was traded for other things, gold was not revered by the people living here but it was a good item for trade. It's good that these things here are buried between two and three feet deep otherwise I would have destroyed everything with my tractor with it's bucket loader. How many years does it take to get two feet of clay loam on top of things on top of a hill?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I would like to add to this thread. Tittle is Scientists Discover Oldest-Known Spear Tips from 500,000 Years Ago, we definitely are starting to get a better picture of our past.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's good that these things here are buried between two and three feet deep otherwise I would have destroyed everything with my tractor with it's bucket loader. How many years does it take to get two feet of clay loam on top of things on top of a hill?
Not much here for me to disagree with. You'll note that archaeology can also be politically charged, especially when attached to land claims. Look at the middle east, as well as locally.

As to the two feet of loam, it depends on the process. A trained eye would help you to figure that out. Consider talking to a a local archaeological society or university if you can. Wish I could take a stroll, there.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

When you say human, do you mean modern Homo Sapiens?

Actually, though, we are not Homo Sapiens. We are the sub genus, Homo Sapiens Sapiens (don't know if that makes us twice as evolved!).

Could be a side of the family we never previously knew about (like Denisovians or Hobbits) or the one we directly descended from (which would be majorly interesting).

Whatever the outcome, well spotted to the OP.

If I remember correctly, the reason for the sub genus is because it has been determined that Neanderthals are not a seperate species, they are a sub species. You have homo sapien sapien and homo sapien neanderthalensis. Humans and Neanderthals did not have all that much time to evolve separately before meeting up again and breeding together. They are cousins, and are a result of convergent evolution.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Battlestar Galactica cylon/human hybrid work of fiction is looking to be more of a real possibility the farther we look into the past. Human history is far far longer than mainstream authorities would want us to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join