It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Officer Over Stepping His Bounds: Cop Lays out a Soldier

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I keep repeating this like a broken record, but the more and more former military that join law enforcement, the more and more types of incidents like this happen.

That’s right!! Demonize the military!

There's some sort of disconnect in their heads between being in the military in combat situations (or simply from military training) that simply does not lend itself psychologically to the transition to law enforcement. I don't have the time or the will to do the research, but I betcha there's a correlation here.

So this is a hunch of yours? No research – just your intuition and judgment?

Who are you again?

There are many reasons prior military members become police, many of which you'll never understand. Public service, selflessness, the greater good, commitment and dedication to name a few. People who serve a cause greater than their own self interest understand what it means....the rest of you just know how to complain and reap the benefits of our service.

edit on 9-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The truth of the matter.

1. The IRS is not a US government agency. It is an agency of the IMF (International Monetary Fund) (Diversified Metal Products v I.R.S et al.
CV-93-405E-EJE U.S.D.C.D.I., Public Law 94-564, Senate report 94-1148 pg. 5967, Reorganization Plan No. 26, Public Law 102-391)

2. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) is an agency of the U.N. (Black's Law Dictionary 6th Ed. page 816)

3. The United States has NOT had a Treasury since 1921 (41 Stat. Ch 214 page 654)

4. The U.S. Treasury is now the IMF (International Monetary Fund) (Presidential Documents Volume 24-No. 4 page 113, 22 U.S.C. 285-2887)

5. The United States does not have any employees because there is no longer a United States! No more reorganizations. After over 200 years of bankruptcy it is finally over. (Executive Order 12803)

6. The FCC, CIA, FBI, NASA and all of the other alphabet gangs were never part of the U.S. government, even though the "U.S. Government" held stock in the agencies. (U.S. v Strang, 254 US491 Lewis v. US, 680 F.2nd, 1239)

7. Social Security Numbers are issued by the U.N. through the IMF (International Monetary Fund). The application for a Social Security Number is the SS5 Form. The Department of the Treasury (IMF) issues the SS5 forms and not the Social Security Administration. The new SS5 forms do not state who publishes them while the old form states they are "Department of the Treasury". (20 CFR (Council on
Foreign Relations) Chap. 111 Subpart B. 422.103 (b))

8. There are NO Judicial courts in America and have not been since 1789. Judges do not enforce Statutes and Codes. Executive Administrators enforce Statutes and Codes. (FRC v. GE 281 US 464 Keller v. PE 261 US 428, 1 Stat 138-178)

9. There have NOT been any judges in America since 1789. There have just been administrators. (FRC v. GE 281 US 464 Keller v. PE 261 US 428 1 Stat. 138-178)

10. According to GATT (The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) you MUST have a Social Security number. (House Report (103-826)

11. New York City is defined in Federal Regulations as the United Nations. Rudolph Guiliani stated on C-Span that "New York City is the capital of the
World." For once, he told the truth. (20 CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) Chap. 111, subpart B 44.103 (b) (2) (2) )

12. Social Security is not insurance or a contract, nor is there a Trust Fund. (Helvering v. Davis 301 US 619 Steward Co. v. Davis 301 US 548)

13. Your Social Security check comes directly from the IMF (International Monetary Fund), which is an agency of the United Nations. (It says "U.S.
Department of Treasury" at the top left corner, which again is part of the U.N. as pointed out above)

14. You own NO property. Slaves can't own property. Read carefully the Deed to the property you think is yours. You are listed as a TENANT. (Senate Document 43, 73rd Congress 1st Session)

15. The most powerful court in America is NOT the United States Supreme court, but the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. (42 PA. C.S.A. 502)

16. The King of England financially backed both sides of the American Revolutionary War. (Treaty of Versailles-July 16, 1782 Treaty of Peace 8 Stat 80)

17. You CANNOT use the U.S. Constitution to defend yourself because you are NOT a party to it! The U.S. Constitution applies to the CORPORATION OF THE UNITED STATES, a privately owned and operated corporation (headquartered out of Washington, DC) much like IBM (International Business Machines, Microsoft, et al) and NOT to the people of the sovereign Republic of the united States of America. (Padelford Fay & Co. v The Mayor and Alderman of the City of Savannah 14 Georgia 438, 520)

18. America is a British Colony. The United States is a corporation, not a land mass and it existed before the Revolutionary War and the British Troops did not leave until 1796 (Republica v. Sweers 1 Dallas 43, Treaty of Commerce 8 Stat 116, Treaty of Peace 8 Stat 80, IRS Publication 6209, Articles of Association October 20, 1774)

19. www.youtube.com...

20. Britain is owned by the Vatican. (Treaty of 1213)

21. The Pope can abolish any law in the United States (Elements of Ecclesiastical Law Vol. 1, 53-54)

22. A 1040 Form is for tribute paid to Britain (IRS Publication 6209)

23. The Pope claims to own the entire planet through the laws of conquest and discovery. (Papal Bulls of 1495 & 1493)

24. The Pope has ordered the genocide and enslavement of millions of people.(Papal Bulls of 1455 & 1493)

25. The Pope's laws are obligatory on everyone. (Bened. XIV., De Syn. Dioec, lib, ix, c. vii, n. 4. Prati, 1844 Syllabus Prop 28, 29, 44)

26. We are slaves and own absolutely nothing, NOT even what we think are our children. (Tillman vs. Roberts 108 So. 62, Van Koten vs. Van Koten 154 N.E. 146, Senate Document 438 73rd Congress 1st Session, Wynehammer v. People 13 N.Y. REP 378, 481)

27. Military dictator George Washington divided up the States (Estates) in to Districts (Messages and papers of the Presidents Volume 1 page 99 1828 Dictionary of Estate)

28. "The People" does NOT include you and me. (Barron vs. Mayor and City Council of Baltimore 32 U.S. 243)

29. It is NOT the duty of the police to protect you. Their job is to protect THE CORPORATION and arrest code breakers. (SAPP vs. Tallahassee, 348 So. 2nd. 363, REiff vs. City of Phila. 477 F. 1262, Lynch vs. NC Dept. of Justice 376 S.E. 2nd. 247)

30. Every thing in the "United States" is up for sale: bridges, roads, water, schools, hospitals, prisons, airports, etc, etc... Did anybody take time to check who bought Klamath Lake?? (Executive Order 12803)

31. "We are human capital” (Executive Order 13037) The world cabal makes money off of the use of your signatures on mortgages, car loans, credit cards, your social security number, etc.

32. The U.N. - United Nations - has financed the operations of the United States government (the corporation of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) for over 50 years (U.S. Department of Treasury is part of the U.N. see above) and now owns every man, woman and child in America.

The U.N. also holds all of the land of America in Fee Simple.
Source: home...

The good news is we don't have to fulfill "our" fictitious obligations. You can discharge a fictitious obligation with another's fictitious obligation.

These documents are not secret. They are a matter of public record.

Simple words such as "person" "citizen" "people" "or" "nation" "crime" "charge" "right" "statute" "preferred" "prefer" "constitutor" "creditor" "debtor" "debit" "discharge" "payment" "law" and "United States" doesn't mean what we think it does because we were never taught the legal definitions of the above words.

The illusion is much larger than what is cited.

Dr Leonard Coldwell
Board Certified NMD DNM PHD D.HUM LCHC CNHP DIP.PHC
www.drleonardcoldwell.com

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by CranialSponge

people who bash cops tend to do it because they've had a bad experience with them. most of their bad experiences came about because of their own actions, whether they want to or will admit it. strange, but by being polite and respectful, i've never had a bad experience with an LEO. odd, that

Wrong! I have had bad experiences with cops. Not at me, I am a retired firefighter and used to work with them, They do NOT respect YOU as a citizen and need to become officers again instead of ego ridden thugs.

This was out of hand and wrong. This needs to stop and we need to get control of these cops.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

we need to hire cops with higher iqs vs. low iq cops

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The real problem is people need to take a step back from their job, and ask themselves what they would do if in the shoes of this individual

Life is only as serious as you take it, crazy

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel

kinda makes me wonder why a whole lot of my life has been crazy, messed up but still hilarious. seriously thugh that cop needs to find lawnmowing jobs, the kind that only some crazy people can get

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

people who bash cops tend to do it because they've had a bad experience with them. most of their bad experiences came about because of their own actions, whether they want to or will admit it. strange, but by being polite and respectful, i've never had a bad experience with an LEO. odd, that

I have a couple of things to say in response to this. People don't call the police when nothing is wrong, they call them for help and are generally upset. Police officers are trained to dissipate the situation understanding that the person who called them for help is likely to be hurt and in a state of stress. The officer had at least a general idea as to what he was responding to, but did not respond to the person that called him for help with any respect or compassion. This should not have happened and the officer should be released from duty because by his actions he has damaged the public's ability to trust him, and tainted the public trust for the entire force.

Now regarding your statement regarding people bashing cops because they had a bad experience at one time or other that was due to their own actions whether they want to admit it or not. Such is not always the case as I know from personal experience and I refute that concept as being generally applied to all who are leery of cops.

My daughter was raped on the way home from school her freshman year of High school. She was so traumatized by it that she couldn't face it, Although she was late coming home from school it was the very last day and I could still see kids talking and laughing outside of the school which was only 1/4 block away and thinking she was one of them I suppressed my normal concern for her being late telling myself that I had to let her grow up. When she finally got home she arrived from a different direction and being very pale her cheeks were red and she looked worn out, I offered her the out she needed to avoid telling me....I asked her if she walked one of her friends home and she said yeah, she needed a shower because she wasn't feeling well then went to her dad's for the weekend. Over the next 2 years I watched my happy smiling beautiful girl fade away, I had her at the Dr's so many times but they could find nothing, then she started having panic attacks and I got her into a psychiatrist. He knew something traumatic had happened but none of us knew what it was and he felt it best not to push too hard. It was not long before she became completely agoraphobic, she couldn't step out the door without her father or myself accompanying her. And then one night around 1 am something snapped and she broke down completely crying and hyperventilating, and as I held her and comforted her she told me what he had done to her, it wasn't easy to take I'll tell you. Once I calmed her a bit I called the police and the 2 officers that came over were very supportive, so much so that my daughter revealed that she had hidden the clothes she wore that day because she didn't want to ever wear them again and asked if they could still obtain DNA from them, the officers told her they could so keep hold of them. The next night she had to go talk to a detective and I wish I knew then what I know now. He took her into a room with just him and her, no female officer for support, no advocate, no video recorder, no tape recorder, just a pad of paper. (his word against hers no witnesses) it took everything she had to go through it all again with him but when she came of the room I could tell something was wrong, she was just broken. I spoke to the detective after and he told me he would call the guy in and question him, "once he was home for winter break from college" he also said "yeah I know right where he lives" (oddness). When I got my daughter home and calmed she told me what happened, he accused her of making it all up to "ruin his life" (although the police training manual on handling issues such as that practically outlined the past 2 year symptom by symptom as positive signs of a sexual assault, and we had DNA and she was underage! After he talked to "Him" he called me and said "he's just a dufus, he said it was consensual and I believe him. I was dumbfounded, but I know something was not right with the situation. After some searching I discovered he was the nephew one of the officers from that precinct and friends with the detective, I also found out that my daughter wasn't the only one he victimized and THEY knew it too, And I also found that he was in college studying to be a police officer and work in the same area. As I learned more I tried to get someone to help me (she still could press charges for 5 more years under the law) but I got the run around, about a year later I found the advocate and told them and they at least believed me....and he's not a cop.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh and as a finale to my last post.

All police officers in that county are issued dash cams and are required to keep them running through their shift,

They put them in the car but they keep them turned off so they don't end up on the news.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think he over stepped after all he stepped up in the victim's face. Sure the caller/victim is going to be upset, he was beaten up by his roommates and then sat waiting for 45 mins for police. I wonder also if he was scared the roommates would come out after him again. Then the cop lies on the report, I think that says it all. If he done nothing wrong why did he need to lie?
What I think is more important than what took place a year and a half ago is the fact someone on the inside seems to be really concerned about public safety. I think ABC should turn it all over to the FBI!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Wow, seeing one of our cops(especially a Marine) act like that and so willingly assault what is essentially still one of his own makes me sick. The victim has just been assaulted and had all is belongings abused/thrown out by his roommates. Add to all that a 45 minute wait and I think a majority of people would call those cops out on it. The cop's reactions is just further evidence of how far off track things have gotten here in the US. The American fascist police state is well on it's way.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Who are you again?

edit on 9-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Just someone who has been following these kinds of incidents for a very long time now, both here and up close and personal in real life, and seeing that a disproportionate amount of them involve former military. And I am not demonizing the military, just going on record with that and saying it's a different mindset that may not transition well and that perhaps the "experts," which I am not, with access to the "accurate" IA records, should maybe look into this, and if if happens to be the case, fix it.
edit on 2/10/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Just someone who has been following these kinds of incidents for a very long time now, both here and up close and personal in real life, and seeing that a disproportionate amount of them involve former military.

I tend to agree with you here. I think that a certain segment of veterans gravitate to law enforcement for the wrong reasons. They don't really have a desire to serve as much as they have a desire to be "in the #" again. They miss the adrenaline high of conflict and tend to solve all things violently and confrontationally rather than diplomatically and rationally as a good peace officer should.

However, let me caveat that with the statement that I think veterans who become peace officers are either the some of the best or the worst cops - no real in between.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
And I am not demonizing the military, just going on record with that and saying it's a different mindset that may not transition well and that perhaps the "experts," which I am not, with access to the "accurate" IA records, should maybe look into this, and if happens to be the case, fix it.
edit on 2/10/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Most police and sheriff’s departments have a comprehensive personality profile done on new recruits - this is the place and time to assess a person's motivation for choosing the profession. I think they need to weigh this more heavily and give it more than cursory glance. The MMPI is ok but if you take enough of them you know what to say to "pass". An interview of friends and associates should be conducted IMO.

This is done in the military for Special Operations units at assessment - it weighs about 80% more heavily on the selection criteria than any physical or intellectual or skill evaluations because it is the point at which you weed out control freaks, wana be spies, hot dogs, and thrill seekers. Those kinds of people who get their team mates killed. Lots of people make it through the selection process physically and skills wise only to get booted by the psych people at the end.

I'd be careful singling out veterans though because like I said while a good many are the adrenaline junkie type - the others make the best and most professional cops. Be a bad precedent to set to exclude them all together for the actions of a few bad ones.

edit on 10/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I must concur. Former service men should not be singled out. Many who have seen combat, Have hardened themselves to shelve horrors that a very few civilians could ever have the worst nightmares about. Sometimes these experiences create conflicts in the psyche that remain buried until a stressful situation arises. All in all, most vets wear their experiences on their sleeves and deal with them on a daily basis, mostly winning out. One ex service member turned LEO, who brings forth a strong emotion to overcome, does not spoil the whole bunch. This particular LEO most likely realized after the flow of adrenalin ebbed, that he had over-reacted.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So I don't think it was really necessary for the officer to start a pissing contest over former military service, and there were other ways to de-escalate that situation, but I still don't think it was excessive. It would have been more productive for him to let the guy blow off a little steam verbally rather than escalating things by stepping toward him, but we also don't have the context for that neighborhood; in some areas you need to just assume an aggressive approach is needed. If he felt it was more important to keep control and assert himself, stepping forward wasn't the end of the world. The kid whining about getting evicted made it worse by turning it into a "you don't know who you're messing with" deal, making it confrontational.

What I'm trying to figure out is more the technical aspect of the take down and how it meshed with the officer's story. We know he caught him in the head with his right hand, but that didn't look like a knockout punch to take him straight down. The news station called BS, but I'm seeing it more as a combination of the leg sweep (as mentioned), push to the chest w/ left, right hand to his head kind of guiding him down. Just what I'm picturing from my security days. Seems plausible, and it's not all that rough of a take down, just assertive. Any thoughts there?

Oh, and kid should have just paid his rent. Crisis averted.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ummm.....I'm noticing something really strange with the responses in this thread.....the ones that lean toward backing up the LEO are predominantly left of the political spectrum....while primarily those who feel the LEO was unjustified in his actions are from the right, politically.(Or libertarian/conservative)
I wonder how representative this observation is as per the larger overall national tone. Perhaps if one considers that the progressive movement is entrenched in the NWO, OWO theology then it isn't beyond the pale to reach such a conclusion. Also, if one considers that it is also the progressive politico's that seek the dissolution of the 2nd ammendment and the Constitution, they would then be the ones to champion such thuggery...It makes me wonder why I hadn't made this connection before...When you think about it however, it does make a perfect kind of sense.....dont you think?

I have to agree with you OP, there was no need for that behavior on the part of the LEO and as one of our LEO ATS members stated, this LEO should lose his job...And it does happen all too frequently.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TorqueyThePig
Who sent it to the department? Perhaps another officer who saw it? Maybe an officer that works there is trying to expose this rouge bastard. If so I wish he wouldn't remain anonymous.

However trying something is better than just sitting back and not bringing attention to the issues.
edit on 8-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

This.
Perhaps there are fed up cops that are sending videos to the public since they know they would be on the loosing end if they brought it to internal affairs, and lambasted by other cops.

Kudos to the good cops in this then.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

you're right, cops aren't human. so lets say the officer just cleared the scene of a rape homicide and was at the end of a 12 hour shift. he should've robotted his way through the entire call. cops, despite being humans, should never ever react like a human. they should just expect to have people crap all over them every day they go to work and they should just take it in stride, never reacting or responding.

like i said, hysterical

And when people that work in customer service related positions are crapped on, called names and cursed at, they should layout their paying customers that allow them to a have a job.
The Boss however would say, if you can't hack it, look for another job!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
However, let me caveat that with the statement that I think veterans who become peace officers are either the some of the best or the worst cops - no real in between.

Agree wholeheartedly. No real in between.

Most police and sheriff’s departments have a comprehensive personality profile done on new recruits ...

However, in one (just one) case I've lived through personally, the characteristics (or on and off) of one particular individual's type of PTSD somehow allowed him to pass theses personality profile, and frankly, no one knows how he did. Further, he was let go from two posts in FL, at the county then state level, for excessive force but yet somehow has found a third at the federal level in AL. So one has to wonder at just what other factors influence hiring decisions.

Be a bad precedent to set to exclude them all together for the actions of a few bad ones.

Agree. Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

I didn't see anyone post their political affiliation with their comments. Are you deriving their left or right wingedness by interpreting their response?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
reply to post by YouSir

I didn't see anyone post their political affiliation with their comments. Are you deriving their left or right wingedness by interpreting their response?
Ummm...no, nothing as esoteric as that, I have just observed the way that the political winds blow as per posters by reading their posts in numerous threads. Then It just struck me that there was a correlation as to posting history and ideology relating to which side of this story posters fell on.
In other words, I was seeing a predominant set of the Obomanauts backing the "authority" figure and wondered if this was enough of a sampling from which to draw a conclusive analysis.

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join