It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Officer Over Stepping His Bounds: Cop Lays out a Soldier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPetrikov

That's hilarious !

I got a free ride home one time too. The police were kind enough to want to make sure I got home safe and sound in my drunken stupor.

Bless their little hearts.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The cop had NO right to put his hands on that person. That cop should be fired and charged with assault and battery.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Whatever happened to deny ignorance? There's a number of comments on this post stating the cop was wrong to punch him in the face. . . Where on the footage is that shown? The only thing shown is the initial exchange where the 'victim' is clearly spoiling for a fight and the initial takedown that follows. That is the only area of this video where an objective opinion can really be formed. Yeah you hear the guy on the floor wheezing after this but you also hear the cop telling him to stop clenching his fist which leaves the rest of the video open for interpretation as to what's going on.

I'm not condoning what the cop has done in this video because it did seem impraportionate and unnecessary however I'm sure if this video was the other way round and it was the cop that had been put on his backside there would be the same posters stating that's what happens when the cops speak to you like dirt and that it was deserved!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
Whatever happened to deny ignorance? There's a number of comments on this post stating the cop was wrong to punch him in the face. . . Where on the footage is that shown? The only thing shown is the initial exchange where the 'victim' is clearly spoiling for a fight and the initial takedown that follows. That is the only area of this video where an objective opinion can really be formed. Yeah you hear the guy on the floor wheezing after this but you also hear the cop telling him to stop clenching his fist which leaves the rest of the video open for interpretation as to what's going on.

I'm not condoning what the cop has done in this video because it did seem impraportionate and unnecessary however I'm sure if this video was the other way round and it was the cop that had been put on his backside there would be the same posters stating that's what happens when the cops speak to you like dirt and that it was deserved!

Being upset and complaining to the cops about how late they were, is not 'clearly spoiling for a fight'.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You know, actually you are correct. I would have thought if the shoe were on the other foot, YES, the cop deserved it. He is supposed to protect and serve (as originally mandated) not to assert and abuse the authority given them by the very person he disrespected!

It truly amazes me how willing some people are to give their power to another to be weilded against them like a weapon. Perhaps you could give me list of your belongings and address?
KIDDING!

edit on 8-2-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
The cop had NO right to put his hands on that person. That cop should be fired and charged with assault and battery.

Anger management, maybe. A good course in dealing with confrontational people would be great. Suspension is another option. But charging him with assault seems a bit much.

The young Soldier should have been much more relaxed, exhibited some professionalism and courtesy. The officers where there to help. He had no business complaining about response time, and ABSOLUTELY no business thinking him being in the Army gives him some type of pedestal. As a former service member myself, I can't help but feel he needed to be put in his place somewhat.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I suppose it's all about perception by each individual, the part where I refer to spoiling for a fight isn't where he complains about how long it takes the cops to get there. I'm sure that is par for the course for them, what I'm referring to is where he starts saying about being a soldier and brings his arms out to his side. I would personally consider this as someone being confrontational and looking to fight

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think this kid kind of brought this upon himself. He stepped up and started mouthing off and acting aggressive towards the police who were there to help him. Do you expect cops (or anyone for that matter) to allow people to jump in their face and act like a punk without repercussions?

BTW- As the officer said, that is how Marine’s introduce themselves, especially to Army guys with big mouths!

Semper Fi

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPetrikov

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Anger management, maybe. A good course in dealing with confrontational people would be great. Suspension is another option. But charging him with assault seems a bit much.

The young Soldier should have been much more relaxed, exhibited some professionalism and courtesy. The officers where there to help. He had no business complaining about response time, and ABSOLUTELY no business thinking him being in the Army gives him some type of pedestal. As a former service member myself, I can't help but feel he needed to be put in his place somewhat.

Charging with assault a little stiff eh? I was being lenient. If that was me, I'd probably want his bloody head on a stick.

I mean, would you say the same thing if that CIVIL SERVANT smacked YOU to the ground? Or your Brother, or Father?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPetrikov

I do not think that immediate dismissal would be too much. Someone entrusted with my safety while armed, who is prone to temper tantrums and problems respecting authority is not welcome.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

From the first video I posted. You can find the scene in the second but they found it for us in the first. I captured the time it is in the video so you can look for yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I suppose it's all about perception by each individual, the part where I refer to spoiling for a fight isn't where he complains about how long it takes the cops to get there. I'm sure that is par for the course for them, what I'm referring to is where he starts saying about being a soldier and brings his arms out to his side. I would personally consider this as someone being confrontational and looking to fight

...but the officer striding ahead and getting in the mans face is not being confrontational? By doing this, he is asserting authority given to him by the man he smacked down, who happens to be the alleged victim and reason for him being there!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Personally, I believe it is time to TELL our community leaders we longer have use for local police forces other than the local sheriffs office. At least we the people do put them in office by choice and not have someone "appoint" them on our behalf. Police do not prevent crime unless by "dumb luck" they happen to be there at the time the crime is being committed. We can all protect ourselves with whatever we need, including arms, to get the job done.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

So you are saying you would have shot someone? Or you would have taken the law into your own hands and shot your roommate?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Agarta

I think this kid kind of brought this upon himself. He stepped up and started mouthing off and acting aggressive towards the police who were there to help him. Do you expect cops (or anyone for that matter) to allow people to jump in their face and act like a punk without repercussions?

BTW- As the officer said, that is how Marine’s introduce themselves, especially to Army guys with big mouths!

Semper Fi

Oh I get it, so the cops are here to straighten your mouth out when it gets out of line. We pay them tax dollars and outfit them with the finest gear, so they can "introduce themselves" and correct our attitudes. And that you only have rights IF/WHEN the proper level of respect and obedience is paid to them.

And if you dare to speak to them in a 'disrespectful' tone, you should be physically reprimanded and forced into painful submission, until you correct your attitude and demeanor. After all, these civil servants are risking their lives enforcing the police state we live in, the least we can do, is allow them to use us as punching bags.

I don't have any right which allows me to smash someone in the face, if I deem it necessary. But a cop, with his superior wisdom, should be allowed to punch your kid in the face, if he's too "mouthy".

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No he didn't hit him but he was within range and like I said in another post. If in a confrontation and you are within range even a slight movement would most likely result in a reaction, especially with someone skilled in fighting. I agree that the cop could have handled it different but it's easy to play Monday morning quarterback. From what I took from the video is the young man postured/challenged the cop and the cop responded. If you don't want a physical fight don't challenge someone that way. IMO the cop should be disciplined and trained how to handle situations like this going forward but fired is a bit much because the kid brought that thump on himself.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Oh I get it, so the cops are here to straighten your mouth out when it gets out of line. We pay them tax dollars and outfit them with the finest gear, so they can "introduce themselves" and correct our attitudes.And that you only have rights IF/WHEN the proper level of respect and obedience is paid to them.

I was kidding about the “introduction” so don’t get your knickers in a pinch. Did you see this
after the comment?

And if you dare to speak to them in a 'disrespectful' tone, you should be physically reprimanded and forced into painful submission, until you correct your attitude and demeanor. After all, these civil servants are risking their lives enforcing the police state we live in, the least we can do, is allow them to use us as punching bags.

You shouldn’t get aggressive with law enforcement, or your spouse, or your neighbor, or your co-worker, etc. If you do you may just get B-slapped! It happens!

I don't have any right which allows me to smash someone in the face,if I deem it necessary. But a cop, who is more responsible and is able to use his fists with good intentions, should be allowed to punch your kid in the face, if he's too "mouthy".

Everyone who acts like a punk long enough WILL get punched in the mouth at some point. People want to be treated with civility yet they don’t feel the need to reciprocate.

I think it could have been handled better by both sides but I think the kid was out of line.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Like the cops are hired goons that are going to swoop in like superman and bust down an apartment door for a guy who tries to pull rank to justify his justice? Just call 911 enough and complain enough and that's like getting a nurse to wipe your fanny when you get friends that beat you up? He needs to avoid those troublemakers.

I hate it when soldiers whip out their branch and rank to get attention or privilege. If they have to it's compensating for a lack of normal life somewhere else. It sucks both ways in the video. Obviously, it's no normal call for help or a normal response with help, that it boils down to military experience vs the rest of the world in the USA now. That's a symptom of today's governing style, where people think they need to declare their service level, that they have to pull rank, to get respect in society. That's a poor social skill. Oh here, he's a jerk and he's got his military service to compensate for his lack of being polite. Not good.

The two deserved each other. That officer has some wicked PTSD bottled up, which is going to make him react first and clean up the evidence later one day, if it's not in the video today.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
reply to post by ajay59

So you are saying you would have shot someone? Or you would have taken the law into your own hands and shot your roommate?

I did? I said that? Must have been possessed at the time because I have no recollection of made such statements. Hey someone do me a favor and check my back for a hole or something. I swear these were not my statements!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
We can all protect ourselves with whatever we need, including arms, to get the job done.

Perhaps I misinterpreted what you were intending. I am just saying that because one cop slapped around some mouthy kid doesn't mean we should disband the whole police force.

I think they should be forced to have couples therapy together for a whole year.

"When did you know the relationship was falling apart?"

"When he slapped me down and screamed 'I'm a Marine...I'm a Marine'!"

"And how did that make you feel?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join