It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake, virus-laden FedEx emails appearing in inboxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Fake, virus-laden FedEx emails appearing in inboxes

www.kvue.com

AUSTIN -- Today I did something I've never done. I clicked on an email link that contained a computer virus.
I was the perfect target. Because I've been ordering the majority of my Christmas gifts online and recently sent a Christmas gift via FedEx, when I saw an email that appeared to be from FedEx in my inbox, I clicked on it without hesitation.
When the link seemed not to open my desired mail receipt, I re-read the email and to my horror, I noticed its mistakes. I quickly went to FedEx's website where I found their notice about fraudulent emails that have been circulating the Internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fedex.com
www.fedex.com
edit on 2/8/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hello, I just want to warn everyone about this.
I received one of these very convincing fake emails purporting to be from FedEx. Rather than print the invoice as the email suggests, I copied down the invoice # and went to my nearby FedEx center. They told me that this was a very bogus and damaging virus going around.
Two people in line also told me that they had received one as well.
If you should get one...PLEASE DO NOT click the PRINT link.
According to FedEx and the articles posted, this virus can avoid SPAM filters and will damage your computer.
PLEASE read the UPDATE from FedEx provided in the additional link.

www.fedex.com...

www.kvue.com

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have got these things for ages, like we tried to deliver a package to you but you were not in. Please phone this number to make a collection date. If a courier tried and failed to,get you in, they would just put their card through the door, they wouldn't send an email. All mine went in the spam folder.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

WARNING: Fake, virus-laden FedEx emails appearing in inboxes

www.kvue.com

AUSTIN -- Today I did something I've never done. I clicked on an email link that contained a computer virus.
I was the perfect target. Because I've been ordering the majority of my Christmas gifts online and recently sent a Christmas gift via FedEx, when I saw an email that appeared to be from FedEx in my inbox, I clicked on it without hesitation.
When the link seemed not to open my desired mail receipt, I re-read the email and to my horror, I noticed its mistakes. I quickly went to FedEx's website where I found their notice about fraudulent emails that have been circulating the Internet.

Related News Links:
www.fedex.com
www.fedex.com

Well, I think this can be stopped here:

Today I did something I've never done. I clicked on an email link that contained a computer virus.

There are a number of internet security related threads increasing recently, and I anticipate more. Point is, nothing in this world is safe. We all die. Learn and live, or be ignorant and die. (in the extreme)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I get these all the time and i must admit i did almost click on one a few weeks back when i was having something delivered by FedEx. But i realized i hadn't given any email details to FedEx in the first place. The obviously target people with this cam at Christmas time.

By the way the source article is dated Friday, Dec 7, not really breaking news

edit on 8-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I always look at the internet headers on emails like this to make sure they traversed an appropriate network path.

I used to show people at work how to do this, but it never helped. The same people kept getting viruses over and over again.

new topics

top topics

join