It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When No One Believes You

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The desire for a group of like minded individuals is a waste of time, when I abandoned the idea of ever meeting understanding, possibly more experienced individuals it felt great and I can't say I miss those moments wondering if I'll ever meet anyone who can impress me, with extraordinary experiences.

Enjoy your experiences or find ways to become more positive and I hope you get positive experiences which you might come to understand. I mean those implants don't sound nice, even though it might be interesting to study. But I just wanted to say be grateful for what you do have and don't give a second thought about what might theoretically become true but likely never will.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: spearcarrier

I can understand where you are coming from, something happened to me about 6 years ago, it blew my reality apart. I told a few close friends and they laughed saying i am crazy. As a result of that i will never talk about it with anyone, but i was there and i know. People never listen or want to know things (truths) that are outside of their paradigm, the world is full of darkness, blindness and ignorance but light and truth is what i have. peace

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
The desire for a group of like minded individuals is a waste of time, when I abandoned the idea of ever meeting understanding, possibly more experienced individuals it felt great and I can't say I miss those moments wondering if I'll ever meet anyone who can impress me, with extraordinary experiences.

Enjoy your experiences or find ways to become more positive and I hope you get positive experiences which you might come to understand. I mean those implants don't sound nice, even though it might be interesting to study. But I just wanted to say be grateful for what you do have and don't give a second thought about what might theoretically become true but likely never will.

you know, if everyone felt that way, there would never have been women against rape(WAR)and a host of other organizations that bring those together who have experienced the same thing

and, these groups actually do work--i know, i have experienced them first hand as have many. so why not this particular thing? i wonder too at your 'qualifications' for an 'extraordinary experience'..what is it you are looking for in others(if anything?)

and, no offense, but telling someone to be positive about horrific experiences is like telling someone to lay back and enjoy being molested; why not give a bit of support instead to somehow overcoming this invasion?

not trying to get on your case, but you seem so bitter, and that is sad..you are missing out on some good friendship and learning experiences out there, i think..

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979 & Saylesie17

You guys roll over pretty easy.....LOL!
So your friends said you were crazy? At best I'd be looking at why I have such "lame" friends. johnnyjoe can assure you there are some very nice, sane people in the Para-world. Common experiences can only bring people together if they have "friend skills" to begin with.

I'm sorry the OP hasn't found "their peoples" yet, but these things take time. Something like this is worth waiting for.
Being just as choosy as you would be in "normal" life with new acquaintances also goes a long way...
edit on 23-11-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
People that need others to confirm their beliefs are called unconfident in my book. When you begin to doubt your perception, assuming you are sober and sane (paradox), you already lost. Self confidence losers lack. Even the dumbest who is confident enough in his skills can do wonders. That simple ingredient such confidence changes everything. If when looking for the unknown - for truth, you begin to doubt yourself, give up it will not end well.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Coming out of my general lurker status to add something to this topic again after recent events in my life that may be pertinent to the issue at hand.

As I stated in my earlier post (of around a year ago,) I'm a very skeptical person who tries to be as rigorous as possible, but I never allow my skepticism to cross the line into diminishing or dismissing someone's personal, subjective experiences. I simply maintain the attitude that, "I don't know, but will keep an open mind."

That said, I recently decided to bring a series of experiences myself and others in my life had had to some professionals in the field to which said experiences most directly related. I must say, doing so was an incredibly eye opening and sobering revelation.

Said professionals explained quite exhaustively and thoroughly that there were very few explanations which could account for our experiences, all of which were varying degrees of (in their eyes) implausible or extremely bizarre. Bizarre as in: requiring conspiracy and consistency over many years by (very likely) one human agency or another. Their response to this?

It must be a hoax. I'm lying. I'm crazy.

So, there I sat. Knowing with certitude the facts of what had transpired, and now, thanks to said professionals, knowing that very few feasible explanations to account for them existed. Yet, I was being shunned, assumptions were being made, and I was being laughed out of the company in question.

This was a very eye opening experience. How many stories have been dismissed purely because they challenged people's normalcy bias? Just some food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: julia53
you know, if everyone felt that way, there would never have been women against rape(WAR)and a host of other organizations that bring those together who have experienced the same thing

Rape is something completely different to me, I really didn't mean it that way. Sorry it sounded bad, I'll try to be more considerate in future posts.

edit on 21-12-2014 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Been there, done that, came on here for info... and got treated like a joke. I rarely report on anything any more.

What throws me are the people who make light of something that is haywire- like say, a UFO experience, but will stand in line on some threat entitled, "I'm from an ancient star system- I will answer your questions"- and never does so much as answer the time of day.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join