It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When No One Believes You

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The world is pressing very hard the idea that if you do not share the consensus reality then you are crazy.

Do not believe it, the world is FAR bigger than the western contemporary model.

Here is a story that I read somewhere and I think it fits perfectly:

The real world is like an enormous dark forest. Western civilization is like a little area where some people chopped down trees and put up some tents and set up a campfire.

Each night, everyone huddles around the fire and tells stories about what is out there in the forest.

For most people that is good enough for them, you get to feel like you know what is going on out there in the dark, but from the safety of the campfire and near all your friends.

But one kid has the audacity to actually wander out into the forest by himself, away from the safety of the fire. He comes back with a story of the forest that is truly bizarre.

And not surprisingly, it doesn't fit with the stories that the kids have been telling by the fire.

So who's story is correct about what is out there in the forest... the kids around the fire or the kid who actually walked out into the darkness?

Unfortunately, there are a LOT more kids sitting by the campfire.

Just remember that those of you with strange experiences are actually pioneers, whereas most people are just sitting afraid by the campfire, armchair "intellectuals" who believe they know what is up with the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Well stated, Brandon!!! Bravo!

You get a standing ovation from me for that post! And a star, of course!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Aren't we straying from the original issue here? After clarifying, OP seems interested in how people who have experiences cope when no one believes them. I don't think this thread is either about your own experiences per se, nor is it license to simply criticize experiences people say they have. It's not about whether you believe it or not. So let's address that specific issue. Basically OP has said she has had experiences that no one believes, and therefore she feels hurt. See the first post. That's what she said. Now, either

OP is actually having these experiences and those who don't believe her are wrong, or
OP is actually NOT having these experiences and people who do not believe her are correct.

Presumably OP would prefer to be believed. So the question is, why don't they? It does no good simply to blame other people and call them "close minded." If that's all you can come up with, you're missing the point. You are the one who wants to be believed, so what are you doing that is preventing that? Analyze the possibilities.

You could be a very poor story teller. If you can't relate your tales in a lucid and cohesive manner, that could be an issue. Lots of people on ATS spoil their own stories because they write like crap. OP can write, but she's short on detail. There's a lot more supporting material than hard data. After several paragraphs you can barely tell what happened to her.

Another possibility is that you are jumping to conclusions. If you see a light in the sky and proclaim the aliens are here, that's an example. You are over-reaching your data. No wonder other people don't believe you. If that's true it is you who are close minded because you will only accept one outlandish explanation for your experience. Unless you are willing to accept the POSSIBILITY that you are dreaming, then your mind is made up.

A third possibility is that you expect too much from other people. They aren't really obligated to spend days and days helping you analyze your experience. Unless you are paying for a therapist you really have no right to their time and attention.

A fourth possibility is that it really is delusional. A lot of people who report "experiences" just want attention. I've watched it happen and it's obvious to everyone but the person making ther claim. Sad, really, but truly delusional people are likely to report--delusions. Not everyone people think are crazy aren't. Some of them really are.

So the first thing to do to cope is a bit of stringent self-analysis. The second thing to realize is that nobody owes you an explanation and that it is unlikely to happen voluntarily. Nobody is going to show up at your doorstep with "The Answer." You may die never having learned what it is.

What's left is for yoiu to embark on your own analysis. It's your adventure. Embrace it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Aren't we straying from the original issue here? After clarifying, OP seems interested in how people who have experiences cope when no one believes them. I don't think this thread is either about your own experiences per se, nor is it license to simply criticize experiences people say they have. It's not about whether you believe it or not. So let's address that specific issue. Basically OP has said she has had experiences that no one believes, and therefore she feels hurt. See the first post.

I cope with mine by discussing them with other like-minded people on my thread, where I don't get ridiculed...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Aren't we straying from the original issue here? After clarifying, OP seems interested in how people who have experiences cope when no one believes them. I don't think this thread is either about your own experiences per se, nor is it license to simply criticize experiences people say they have. It's not about whether you believe it or not. So let's address that specific issue. Basically OP has said she has had experiences that no one believes, and therefore she feels hurt. See the first post. That's what she said. Now, either

OP is actually having these experiences and those who don't believe her are wrong, or
OP is actually NOT having these experiences and people who do not believe her are correct.

What's left is for yoiu to embark on your own analysis. It's your adventure. Embrace it.

Yes, I'm very aware of all of this, and IMO you are straying a bit from the issue.

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but from my point of view OP is asking how people who have truly bizarre experiences cope with a culture who consider such people to be crazy. OP is not asking to be psychoanalyzed, whether or not you feel it is necessary.

There are a million threads online arguing over whether people's paranormal experiences are "real", and those conversations are essentially the kids around the campfire telling stories and asking the forest to walk up into the light of the campfire.

This doesn't mean we accept anything anyone says as fact, because there is really no way for me or anyone else to know whether a particular person is being truthful about their experiences.

But that's not actually important - what IS important is that there ARE without a doubt people out there who are having bizarre experiences that are entirely outside of the consensus reality, and those experiences are just as real as my neighbor checking the mail. To quote Twining, "they are not visionary or ficticious".

My above post was intended for those people who are having real experiences - those people can be comforted in a small way by knowing that they are in fact true pioneers - pioneers against their will perhaps, but it is still a bit of a respite from the ridicule and derision received from the public.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

Yes, I'm very aware of all of this, and IMO you are straying a bit from the issue.

Nice try. She said this:

occasions I find time to collect it, and I put my story down, reread, assess, and try to figure things out. My blog is kind of all I have. :-) But it's also been the most reliable method I've had for years.

How about the rest of you?

She didn't ask you what your experiences were. A lot of people here are using this thread to relate their experiences or to suggest that everyone who has expeiences needs help. I took note of that and suggested we discuss how one copes, which is what she asked in the first place. I do not think that is straying from the issue, but rather sticking to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

She didn't ask you what your experiences were. A lot of people here are using this thread to relate their experiences or to suggest that everyone who has expeiences needs help. I took note of that and suggested we discuss how one copes, which is what she asked in the first place. I do not think that is straying from the issue, but rather sticking to it.

Ok that's cool, then we're in agreement. Didn't realize that

For people experiencing strange things, I think it helps one cope to know that, even if one is experiencing what is generally written off as "schizophrenia" or "sleep paralysis" or whatever dismissive new label pop-science rolls out, you are in truth a pioneer. A pioneer always has something of value to offer the world, they are wanderers away from the campfire and though most will not listen I think that some still will.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Serious question is mental illness a real thing?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive
Serious question is mental illness a real thing?

"Mental illness" as a phrase or series of words is a real thing, yes.

"Mental illness" as a condition is a fairly useless term, because it is 100% entirely dependent upon one's cultural upbringing and social consensus.

Consider a person in the 19th century south who thought "owning a black human being is ok" - that person was considered totally mentally healthy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

i would also associate mental illness with repetition. There is a difference when a person is schizophrenic and hears auditory or visual hallucinations (which i do not) and someone who is clinically insane. Also the lack of empathy in any form is also a mental illness. I don't care what culture you come from. Its never okay to set a cat on fire if there is no cultural basis for it, that person has a problem. Schizoidtypal is one that borders on schizophrenia. The basis of the theory is that its a precursor to schizophrenia when your own thoughts are louder in your head and there is association that you are somehow god, and believe in paranormal subjects and is an all around eccentric that speaks oddly almost in poetry. Belief that certain events or things in the world somehow relate to them in synchronicity. Narcissism is also a disorder. So is being completely unaware of whats going on around you and being constantly inebriated, Even sober some people still seem like they are inebriated.
But its largely due to either brain trauma or chemical imbalances brought on by diet and drugs. Not everyone's brain is the same, and some people will be altered permanently by a substance. Everyone's brain would be altered but not everyone has the same level of hormons, and with the difference of blood type it does change up some of the proteins through the dna. This is why some types are more immune to certain viruses or more prone to certain disease because of the difference of dna. I don't see how people can blow over information as critical as that. There are surely blood typing out there beyond the OAB blood types. As it is publicly stated. That OAB is the most popular blood typing method, there are several others that exist. And because its such an obscure subject. Any funding on this would mostly be from the military. You cannot create viruses and bacteria without a complete understanding of antigens and alleles. You could try to create a bio weapon virus but if it only effects one or 2 blood its not a very effective virus is it? And there are programs in place infecting people on purpose to further the alien agenda. When you force an immune system to kick up to take out an invader after the fight the body develops antigens against the new found invader once conquered and creates an immunity. This immunity can be inherited and that is where i believe these blood types are coming from. So in theory, the elites plan to dominate the population with population control and sickness could be not so much for sociopathic power running down from generation to generation. But a carefully thought out plot to continually genetically alter humans without them even realizing whats going on. Everyone is preoccupied. Constantly, by the news one new tragedy after another. Well its been going on for years, and will continue to go on for years. History will never stop having its horrors, And humanity won't truly be free till people realize they need to stop asking the gov for solutions. Band together. Turn their back from everything and just go on their way and live off the grid like so many people out there that are realizing the joke that is society. We have technology. And technology is amazing.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well for me its never been about believing. I saw what i saw and it answered that question a lot of you are hungup on. Are they real? Yes. I'v established that with myself and my friends. Do i know what species they are? No. Do i know what constellation they come from? no. Have i read any other reports of people seeing them shapeshift into pale humanoids. Non so far. So here i am, basically thinking. Where do i go to ask these questions. Then theres people who just flame. I really don't care. I'm not here to write a novel. I am seeking those answers i just asked. Because there is really no info on google about them. Just dozens of reports of people seeing the dog. And it fleeing or people fleeing. Nothing really that points me in the direction i want to go. So seeking true knowledge is not easy. And because this is real hahaha im actually finding it hard to find anything about them.

Pretty much everyone just labels it cryptozoology when its not at all. Hell hounds? those are multi-dimensional beings. Not dogs from hell. Which one honestly makes more sense?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You say that you and others like you are pioneers. Pioneers of what? Are you guys more special than others or normal?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Well for me its never been about believing. I saw what i saw and it answered that question a lot of you are hungup on. Are they real? Yes. I'v established that with myself and my friends. Do i know what species they are? No. Do i know what constellation they come from? no. Have i read any other reports of people seeing them shapeshift into pale humanoids. Non so far. So here i am, basically thinking. Where do i go to ask these questions. Then theres people who just flame. I really don't care. I'm not here to write a novel. I am seeking those answers i just asked. Because there is really no info on google about them. Just dozens of reports of people seeing the dog. And it fleeing or people fleeing. Nothing really that points me in the direction i want to go. So seeking true knowledge is not easy. And because this is real hahaha im actually finding it hard to find anything about them.

Pretty much everyone just labels it cryptozoology when its not at all. Hell hounds? those are multi-dimensional beings. Not dogs from hell. Which one honestly makes more sense?

So you've seen aliens and the local mythical creature in your area?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Who are you, the personal opinion police???

She started a thread, it stimulates CONVERSATION....

We aren't on here to sit with some buzzer or tazer gun to shock people who are actually getting things from the flow of a conversation are we??

I have read the whole thread, and everyone was in the flow until you came along... you seem to be the only derailer on board.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think questioning questionable experiences isnt inherently bad. Of course, when the insults start to get thrown, thats a different story.

What do I do when no one believes me? I either get evidence or stop talking about it. There are plenty of things people have not believed me on, and I have no doubt that will continue. There are also plenty of things people have believed me on, and again, I have no doubt that will continue.

I am not all that interested in convincing someone else that their reality is wrong though. And while I would like the same respect in return, having expectations of that happening is a road leading only to disappointment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

So you've seen aliens and the local mythical creature in your area?

Well let me show you some links. I'm trying to piece all of this together, to find out a name i can call these things. Or even where they are from. But so little is known about them. I did find this quote tho.

The squamish and Lil'wat cultures in my area have some stories about "transformers" who appear to you when a serious change is needed in your life. They are also responsible for changing humans into other things as punishment and example to others. Also occasionally they transform humans into animals to honour them. I don't know any personal stories about it, but you may be able to find out more on he internet. One friend told me about the three transformers, one of which is a serpent. He told me that he had heard from people who had seen the serpent transformer. Apparently he is like 20 ft. long, and has gold horns. The transformers live in caves along the Lillooet river in BC. Convo me, I can send you some photos of some rock paintings replicating some cave paintings found of these transformers. ( I also mention them in this listing in my shop: www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20396613 ) On another note, I think that I may have been visited by one of these entities in a dream shortly before learning of them from my friend. I can tell you about that if you like. Posted at 5:38 pm 31 Jan, 2009 EST

www.etsy.com...

And here.... i can't believe i didn't realize this before. Its in the Squamish History Wiki .. *falm palm*
this is crazy.... en.wikipedia.org... What am i reading? .... Il take a quote for you.

The First One In a story told by Dominic Charlie in 1965, he related about the first origins of his people.[2] Their very first ancestor was a man named X̱i7lánexw , translated as The First One. He was born in a village near Squamish, British Columbia. X̱i7lánexw did not know that his wife was with child, but he knew that someone or something was coming. He knew of something coming because of a bird that goes ahead of three supernatural men. These three men, called the Transformers, told the Rave, "You go tell everybody we are coming." The first man understand the bird and he responded by getting ready with his canoe. Near the mouth of the Cheakamus River, is a small mountain, and a little bay that fit his canoe. He tied his canoe here and took out his pole, a long shaft used to pull along the river. He put moss around the pole, then placed the pole down. So when the fish touch the pole, their slime was wiped on the moss. He knew that the Transformers were coming further down river. He grabbed the pole and waited for a fish to touch it, then would pull out the pole and see where the salmon touched. He took the slime and put it in a wooden plate and put his pole down again. Then he heard the three brothers coming. The Transformer brothers also knew where he was, but he didn't look and just held his pole steady. The brothers came and landed on the side of the canoe. They asked the man, "What are you doing?" He responded, "Oh, you are my grandchildren. Oh this here, this is my food that I am going to feed you with." He tells the three men, "I have a house right here, right there in that little bay. You bring your canoe over and come up ashore." He pulled up his pole and had a lot of the moss ready. In the house, he had a big fire ready and a mountain of rock underneath, already hot. He took some sticks and grabbed the hot rocks and put them in a bowl that was filled with water. When the rocks were dropped in, the water began to boil. He took the boiling water and placed the moss inside and then made soup. The tells the men to have a seat on his bench with his big hyu7kem plate. This was the first hyu7kem plate made because he knew these men were coming. It made this plate really fancy, and fed them with three Mountain Goat horn spoons. The three men ate the moss. His wife was always rolling around in pain, and X̱i7lánexw says to the men, whom he called his grandchildren, "I don't know what is wrong with my wife grandchildren. The lead man knew what was wrong, for he was the great Transformer. He knows she is going to have a baby. He tells his two other brothers, "You fellows go across and get that tree bark, those green trees over there." He scraped off the bark and then asked X̱i7lánexw if he had a bowl plate and told him to put three rocks in to boil the water. They took the bark of the willow tree, then gave it to the woman to drink. The lead brother told his younger brothers, "You better take your grandfather outside", which they did while the oldest brother stayed with X̱i7lánexw 's wife. Not long after, they heard a baby's cry. He fixed the baby up and taught the woman how to take care of it, and told him about the medicine. He told the man that when he came him, that he had a baby boy. The first baby was a boy, and the next a girl. These two grew up together and married each other. The next baby was a girl, then a boy, and these did the same. This is where all the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh came from.

Is it just me or does this story sound oddly familar to adam and eve? Read it very carfully. There is incest. But why are the transformers there? And why does the man refer to the transformers as their grand children? What is up with the passed to future reference. And the mention of the great flood, as with pretty much every civilization. I'm thinking BC is the remains a lamuria possibly. Its just another continent like the one Atlantis is supposedly on. Either way im going to keep looking for info and trying to piece as much together as we can.
edit on 11-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You say that you and others like you are pioneers. Pioneers of what? Are you guys more special than others or normal?

I think you're making assumptions. If you look back at what I said, I don't believe at any point did I say that *I* was a pioneer.

I don't consider myself to be a pioneer, for the record. I haven't experienced a fraction of what some of the other people here have experienced. I've never been abducted or had visitations or anything like that.

It has nothing to do with being special, it has to do with the exact definition of the word "pioneer" - which is referring to someone who travels where others have not been.

Maybe they are special and maybe they aren't, I don't know the answer to that one. But they are pioneers, and they have valuable information about the greater reality that most people in our ordinary culture are simply too afraid to know about.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well i'm not "trying" to be special hahahaha i grew up in a right handed world. So regrettably i am special to some degree lol. But as the pioneer i guess i could see that. Tho i'm not trying really to patent some way of life or some thought process is maybe what he is interpreting what you mean by pioneer. But as for your interpretation as dabbling with what is feared in the remote corners of perception then yes i assume people who do see the things like i have are on some sort of forefront of spiritual knowledge. Beyond that you aren't going to see me summoning an armada of UFOs, Or an antenna coming out of my head forcing my eyes to glaze over in some sort of hybridized blood thirsty rage. I'm moderately healthy as for my mental state goes. Tho, honestly. You can't go back to what ever it was the way you thought before. Because that's gone. I'm not wondering anymore and really. That puts a whole new perspective on there is something outside. Ghost stories and what not are scary to the degree you day dream about stuff. But seeing things in the waking world. I donno man. I don't really think there is a way i can explain this to people. Besides those 2 incidents i have been with other people watching UFOs in the sky, and even then. I'v seen some people have nervous break downs, Like thats somehow horrorfying? Im mystified by that stuff if not captivated when i see it. Try pointing a UFO out to someone who stares at it wide eyed shaking their head. its a sattilite.. or a plane.. or something... oh really. Explain it getting brighter? dimming out? then reappearing farther up and doing the same thing?.... I can't explain what that is, but its probably human. Mhm, well at least you are putting other ideas into perspective.

Also lucky for me i don't really have any memories of being abducted. So if i was, they do a pretty good job at covering their tracks

I feel for the abductees tho. Really i do. Trying to tell the world they are being experimented on ( which i fully believe as i myself witnessed an abduction) And since so many nutters out there rant about every dream they have like its some sort of ESP davinci code it discredits any of the authentic ones. And the whole spirit connection thing. To me i believe in reincarnation and the shattering of souls. So the spirit realm in my belief is just a hungering realm of souls collecting fragments to become whole again. This is why i think spirits cling to people to take their life force. I also believe that spirits are posing as aliens, some people are intune with spirits and a spirit will do what ever it can to keep your attention. I imagine some can even talk to sensitive individuals. Constantly feeding off of them and implanting dreams. and when people die, why the weaker souls get devoured by stronger ones. But that's a whole different debate altogether. And as a healthy human i am allowed to speculate on such things because they are religious to me. But as for dreams? I have a handful, 3 or 4 dreams that are actually significant. From either a passed memories that feel like a movie i watched but surely is not. Those dreams are where i develop *theories* based on my knowledge of history. I just have been haunted throughout my life, and i am not always alone when it happens. If any of you are die hard skeptics, you could confront all the people who have been changed by paranormal experiences around me. Everything has toned down, because i believe i have to power to develop shields. So i can banish unwanted things from my life. I believe heavily in the power of manifestation, and it works well for me.
edit on 11-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation op. All you can do I'd keep your head up. We should all strive to keep a open mind for people like this. I have been in similar spots in my life, not as bad as yours, but similar. I hope your using tor if your in that deep. Stay Strong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RedEyedFreedomFighter

tor? onion network? le deep webs? is that what you are referring to? And coping with seeing aliens and crazy paranormal horrorfying things. Caring about what people think is only a small fraction of your worries. Now over thinking it coming to get you. Or it hiding behind a bush. Much of your time after seeing an aliens will be paranoia that they are outside watching you.

So i guess yeah it hurts when people call you a liar and what not. But that's only a fraction of the experience. People can be traumatizing but not as traumatizing as encountering an energy being. Sorry skeptics lol. I kinda care but i kinda don't at all. Im more focused on the things that go bump in the night.
edit on 12-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join