It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When No One Believes You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have saw things. Told my wife. Some she believes some she just looks at me. I guess i really don't care if she believes or not. Because I do! Keep the faith my sister!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
S&F
I have been down this road for decades. I have also posted very personal info here only to either receive no reply or acknowledgement for the experience, or complete attacks on my experience....You are NOT alone!! I now refuse to write anything in this area that has anything to do with it, but I had to reply to you. Be careful about what you say here. It may cause deeper wounds.....

Blessings

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hi all. Wow. I sleep for a piddly few hours and boom. LOL! I'm astounded at the response - normally I get ignored when I go places.

First, no. I don't think of my "gifts" as a burden... mostly because I know that nearly all of the human race has these "gifts". They're not "gifts" to me. They're skills you can either hone or ignore. Kind of like learning to walk or read and write. Everyone has their own style of doing things, everyone has their own level of interest that can encourage them to get better. Or not. Nowhere did I even say "gifts" were a burden. O_O And that's a topic for another thread on another Monday.

Anyway, I'm not revealing as much personally as I used to in the past. Just enough to encourage conversation. Been around with stupid people before in forums and lists. The stupid people are the main reason why I haven't graced forums much with my presence in the past 10 plus years. There was this one person who contacted me privately, right? Got my life's story, then went public and claimed my events as her own. I can only say WTF... that you gotta steal histories to make yourself important.It's rather pathetic.

I had an ex-husband try to have me locked away in the crazy house so that he could get the kids without a fight. (And the computer.) That didn't hold - personal belief being legally sacred and all that still back then. I'd worry if it were now, though. But that's another topic for another day.

As for the original topic, I would hope this is the forum to discuss it. It's aimed at a situation that's all too real for people in the kind of situation this forum is geared to discuss. It's related.

I deal just fine, myself, and came to terms with a lot of things a long long time ago I'm also lucky: my husband listens to me, usually, when I come to him bleating with tears in my eyes. Or after a pick up when I sit up in bed freaking out - although at those times he's usually pretty helpless considering. I've actually seen him get "shut off" mid-word. It's scarey.

But I deal because of the tactic I mentioned in the beginning. I was simply hoping others would also have tactics they could state bluntly. :-) But I'm seeing the tactics anyway, and I thank all of you for it. Greatly.

So far I've gathered that I'm probably the only one who blogs it.
Others:
Talk about it here with like minds
Feel secure in the knowledge they're not alone or not crazy
Haven't been touched by it so enjoy the bliss of not knowing

So far so good! I'm excited.

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Rather than telling someone with a story like yours "I don't believe you," I prefer to hold the position that, "I don't know one way or the other, because I'm not in your shoes." I think if more people adopted that philosophy people like you would feel less isolated and hurt.

I completely agree with you. There have been things people told me that seems really off the wall - and for me that's saying something - and I just politely sat there and listened. Sometimes it turned out they were right. The human languages are colorful to begin with, even Chinese, and I keep in mind that when sailed ships first came to America they were described by the local tribes as "strange boats on big white clouds".

Originally posted by Khurzon
Iv'e posted some of my encounters...(you all know it get's tiresome reposting it all)...
Let me guess...the zombie men had a sort of putrid yellow skin? ...any exposed meat, like inside the mouth, would have a sort of bruised blackish look to it.

Khurzon, I'd love to hear your encounters or find them where you've posted them to save you typing time. :-) I've seen those things, too... and yes, they can be putrid. Yes, exposed meat. The leader had it on the side of his face and the other.. I can't remember if he had bone showing or not. I can tell you I once saw a clip of The Living Dead and freaked out. Those were my zombies. Just. Brrr. My husband forbids me from seeing things like that. He's the deployed veteran, but he doesn't want to "deal with the triggers" with his 'pathetic civilian' wife! LOL.

I can tell you the leader was blonde. His cut was very short. And yes they are air force uniforms - which surprised me at the time I saw one on tv, having never seen air force blues before my encounter before. Ah well! More confirmation for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldy2259
I have saw things. Told my wife. Some she believes some she just looks at me. I guess i really don't care if she believes or not. Because I do! Keep the faith my sister!

Thanks for this! I can tell you feel really secure in yourself.

I've learned a lot from this thread!! (bounces)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As an atheist I find it amusing that even though most people consider themselves religious or spiritual, which in US culture usually means Christian, they can't handle someone who has experiences that parallel those described as happening to people in their Bible.

Whether it's burning bushes, hearing voices in your head that decidedly are not your own warning you of danger, having dreams that are more real than waking life, observing 'miracles', it's great if it happened to someone 2000 years ago and therefore proof of God and his relatives, but boy, if it happens to someone NOW, that's reason to back away a tad and look at them funny.

I love the term 'cognitive dissonance'; it explains so much. Even though PSI has been proven to be a real thing, most people scoff at that, as they are taught to. Tell them that a bloodhound can smell the latent molecules of a missing child a week later along a pathway and they'll accept that, even though that's nowhere in their own sensory lexicon; tell them that some people have strong psychic experiences compared to their own untrained and mostly untouched psi and they'll harrumph, even though it's obvious most skills occur on a bell curve, in people as well as in dogs.

I think we're lucky to have had these experiences, and harbingers of an advanced form of human. I haven't encountered aliens that I know of, but I'm sure they're here and interacting with us in a lot of different ways. Who am I to harshly judge someone who has managed to integrate that into some semblance of a 'normal' life, when society itself is so completely insane?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
reply to post by spearcarrier

I honestly do not know what you are talking about, or trying to describe. Not for lack of trying. You begin by saying this post is not about you.

Then you just ramble on about abstract things that may or may not have happened...........as others have said above me.................perhaps you would like to share some more, give people the chance to believe you.......so far nothing to believe........or not. Good Luck!

Peace!! ID

Then this thread wast meant for you.

reply to post by spearcarrier

Spearcarrier your words and thoughts reached out to some of us, every word you spoke i could relate to, although im not in the same position with my husband, he knows, he believes me, maybe it was because he saw a reflection of a being in my eyes, i don't really know why he believes me, but he still doesn't like discussing it with me.

It can get very lonely at times, although if someone calls to say they are dropping by, im like really... go away. so its hard, its hard to find the right people you want be around.

Maybe it has to do with our experience, the visitors are very unique and some i would call eccentric in a wonderful way, they don't seem to focus on what the social community thinks, they love diversity in everyone and they love everyone for their own unique ways. they encourage you to think and communicate through your energy, body language and voice. now if you did that in a click clack social world that we live in, oh my gosh be ready for glares and gasps from those around you.

Just be true to yourself and in what you do or tell to others, its their loss in growth not yours.

This beautiful planet we live on can be pretty cruel and harsh at times, but remember there are others out there who do understand you, who respect you for being you and what you believe in.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sometimes I find it hard to allow people to come by as well. I've got company coming over right now as a matterof fact: very nice people. Very much centered on tv show fandom and... mundane things... when I was younger I used to get all excited about the thought of being around like-minded people, but now... meh. So it's one less topic to talk about. And I rarely get company, so I guess that's why I have less of a reason to push people away when they do come. :-)

I hope the information I have learned from this thread will help someone in the future. So that when someone who happens to be like-minded does come over I have good information to share with them. And back and forth!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Klassified

Those are the seekers, who are yearning for truth and seeking within their souls, who instinctively trust and love others and happily share what they can and learn what others have to share.

I agree totally. I have lived alone without going out and making friends now for about 10 years. I used to use my experiences to motivate me in the way that I had something others didn't. It gave me lots of energy to be very creative. I even started a theatre co. It ran for 7 years. Now I cannot get the same steam out of being or having experiences I cannot share.

I am older now and the energy leans more towards closeness and divulging truths to get closer but, that is what makes it so hard. I cannot tell people about the most important part of my life so who am I when I withhold. Certainly not someone I want to know.

Great topic! Looking forward to more responses.
Thanks. S&F to the OP

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The answers I have are my answers. I can give you my answers and they would still be my answers. It's taken me years to put events in my life into some sort of perspective I can deal with. I've never been abducted, that I know of.
I have been slammed up against a wall in an empty room while attempting to contact "ghosts" in an old jail. I took the event as a confirmed contact.
I've watched spirits dance on surf waves under moonlight and wondered how they could dance there; I was 17 at the time.
I've felt the wind mess up my hair then felt fingers comb it back into place, then had a single hair plucked from my head and held before me. I was on a Miners Ridge to get a photograph of Mt Rainier at sunrise.
The only answers I have found is not from the outside.
Answers come from within and for each person, the process and result is strictly their own, and yours will be strictly your own.
For me, the "key" was acceptance.
I hope you find your key

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've never had an abduction experience, but as someone who's uncovered an alternative view of reality that doesn't involve gods or restrict humanity to a strict reductionist model, I've experienced the same level of dismissal from literally every person I've shared the specifics with. Okay, one person - after several years of trying to understand the full extent of the available and inferred dots involved in proving this, as I learned how to teach it to her - has embraced it, so I guess I can't bitch too loudly. Still, I do understand what it feels like to be alone in the world with knowledge or experience that is viscerally rejected by everyone else. It's extremely difficult, and you end up going over and over and over every aspect of what you've determined just to try and find where you screwed up. You end up trusting their dismissal more than your own hard work (in my case) or full-blown experience, with physical evidence left behind (in your case), and it's potentially destructive to your own ability to believe in your capacity for establishing objective criteria. Hell, and the dismissals are coming from idiots that have nothing at all to back up what they insist to be true in most cases, and just that simplistic "pix or it didn't happen" default cliche mentality that covers everything like a thick fog of ignorance.

I decided to not worry about it, after a few years of trying to share what I knew. I don't know how it'd be for me if my intellectual isolation was the result of an abduction, but at least in that case, there are others I'd be able to seek out who have had a similar experience. There's a community of abductees that exists. So far, I haven't found anyone who can even fully understand what I'm dealing with here, even as it seems like a no-brainer to me and the most obvious thing in the whole world.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
yeah, I have been completely shunned from the family for about 5 years.

I didn't even share anything, I just asked someone who was a pilot at the dinner table if they ever saw any UFO's up there, and in a light hearted way, like I was just joking around, and everyone went silent, changed the subject, and I haven't been invited to a family function since.

I am better off though, they were just a bunch of mentally abusive passive aggressive delusional phony snobs, lol...

I have shared tidbits here and there over the years with a few friends, but it has become just something I will have to keep to myself I guess.

Even on forums, when like minded find each other, they usually get shut down from any real sharing or truth discovery by the insecure troll brigade and everyone gives up and the threads just die.

It would be really nice to just have a place to openly share and figure some of this stuff out, but oh well, it has caused almost as much pain as the experiences themselves...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Starwise, You give good advice. I'm a fairly newish "newbie" and I have been opening up too much and saying too much about a lot of things and now I'm learning the hard way. It shouldn't hurt to reach out to folks but sometimes it ends up that way. Either no one replies or cares. Other times, cruel comments come forth. I'm learnin slow but sure. Thanx for your relevant comment and advice.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidingthistime
yeah, I have been completely shunned from the family for about 5 years.

Even on forums, when like minded find each other, they usually get shut down from any real sharing or truth discovery by the insecure troll brigade and everyone gives up and the threads just die.

It would be really nice to just have a place to openly share and figure some of this stuff out, but oh well, it has caused almost as much pain as the experiences themselves...

Hidingthistime,

You can share in my thread. No one will ridicule you there. 101 pages (so far) of people who have had "strange" experiences of every kind imaginable!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Awesome, thank you, I will go jump in.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What do you expect? Seriously; I'm not trying to be flippant nor sarcastic. When you feel compelled to relate an "unusual" experience to someone, what do you expect them to do with that information? First they're going to have to take your information and try to relate to it. If they have never had an experience anywhere near what you are telling them, they have a problem. This is not their fault. They are not "bad people" because they can't understand your experience.

Here's an example you may or may not relate to. Some people will here; some won't. let's say you just passed a kidney stone. It was excruciatingly painful. You tell someone who has never had a kidney stone, never had any hurt more than a mild headache, and they say, "Wow! That must have hurt!" But they've never felt kidney stone pain ever, so they simply CANNOT know what it is like. They can't understand that you would rather die than have the pain continue. They simply do not have the experience to understand your pain. Some people here no EXACTLY what I am talking about. Most, I would guess, will say, "Wow! That must have hurt!" They don't get it and hopefully, they never will.

Now let's try to bring this home. From your inmitial post I assume you must have seen some sort of UFO. You don;t elaborate, so I'm left guessing. Did you see a daylight disk? A nocturnal light? Or did alien beings exit their saucer and say, "Take me to your leader."? Whatever it was you reported it to Mufon. They took your report, said thank you very much, and you feel "dropped."

What would you have them do? Do you expect them to declare, "This person saw a UFO, therefore NOW we know aliens are real!"? Well, they shouldn't. Your daylight disk is like thousands of others, not particularly special. And if you DID see an alien with no witnesses, where can they go with it? What is it about your experience that is so meaningful that you can compel others to spend hours of their time talking with you about it? It's not as if you're paying them to do this, so why should they?

So what I am thinking here is that you have rather high expectations of what other people ought to do when you relate your experiences. And if you are as vague about your experiences as you have been here, then no one else has much to go on. The onus has to be on you to relate your experiences in a cohesive enough manner that others can understand what happened. If you can't do that, it's not their fault.

Now I don't know if any of that is true. I don't have enough information to say one way or another. Perhaps you are the most lucid writer and story teller to come along in a century, but even if you are the issue of your own high expectations remains. You seem to want more than others are willing to give you. It's kind of like the car salesman who is bemoaning the fact no one will buy a car from him. Well? Whose fault is that?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i know exactly what you mean. people are so close-minded. even if the things we think arent true, theyre still interesting and the thought of them being true is sometimes exhilarating. like could you imagine if their was actually an alien attack or they found atlantis or, and obviously this isnt true, obama is the real antichrist. theyre things to think about and discuss. my younger brother is only 16, i try to talk to him about these things a lot. he doesnt care though, he constantly tells me im stupid and that this is just a site full of crazy people. i feel sorry for him that he hasnt opened his mind like we all at ats have, well most of us have anyway. its very frustrating though, so i definitely see where youre coming from.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What ever is going on in the cosmos, either we are to primitive to understand it or something is confusing the issue and hiding reality.

I have gained much information from reading everything THE GUT has written. I think he knows more than he is telling us.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

What ever is going on in the cosmos, either we are to primitive to understand it or something is confusing the issue and hiding reality.

I have gained much information from reading everything THE GUT has written. I think he knows more than he is telling us.

Who is "THE GUT"???

Do you mean our own gut? As in we don't let ourselves even know more??

I know there are some things I have even pushed out of my own mind and am afraid to think about let alone type about....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

This is the Gut I was referring to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the most credible researchers ATS has to offer; along with Jim Marrs.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
From the perspective of a reader, all I garnered from the OP was confusion and/or or lack of information pertaining to her situation; if your unsure of your situation how can you expect anyone to listen to it, what would they be listening to anyways? Not to take anything away from your life and/or experiences, but your spelling errors in the thread title and lack of vital information skews the believably meter in the ''duck tale'' direction.

Most people here are open minded and denying ignorance goes a long way around here. Be concise and don't allow the opportunity for people to question you. If your information is well written, straightforward, from the heart, people will get a vibe and your cause will be greatly enhanced. My two cents is you need to get over your lagging in terms of your relationship to your husband and your message, if you choose to play the vulnerable role others will treat you as such - not a judgement, just how life goes. Be brave, dash headlong in to death, all the gods will protect you.

People are receptive to information when it is presented in a well written format with good grammar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join