It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When No One Believes You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
No one believes anything that doesn't fit within societal norms. We have all agreed as to what reality is, and anything that falls outside of that is fringe, and therefore not to be believed. "It can't be true", because it isn't within the consensus. So you must be delusional.

I don't know you, or what has happened to you, but it's a burden you'll have to bear on your own. No one is interested because it doesn't concern them. If they give legitimacy to what you're telling them, then they have to rationalize that together with the fears they already have. They'd rather live in denial. It's much easier.

I like that first paragraph, it is the truth. I can't even add to it without making it unnecessarily more complex.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spearcarrier

That is the letter Beit from Hebrew. And all things considered it's the all access pass to the battle of Armageddon.

Revelation 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I can see that, but I've never seen a meercat. Do meercats exist? =^-^=

I've seen at least one "glowbright" - my father called it an angel. I don't consider it as such. I forget what the mainstream "Ufology" term for them is. My father saw at least one angel that he's told me about. And he and I both agree on the description.

....I can't think of anyone else I know personally that doesn't go to church that have seen something they'd label as an angel.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Oh, I see! Your avatar is so blurry, I would never have guessed that. Thanks for sharing this! One of my favorite passages, too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
No one is interested because it doesn't concern them. If they give legitimacy to what you're telling them, then they have to rationalize that together with the fears they already have. They'd rather live in denial. It's much easier.

There is also the fact that even if people do believe someone has been abducted, what can they do about it? We are a species that act to alleviate someone's discomfort, and we feel helpless when there's absolutely nothing we can do. I imagine it's the same with rape victims - we avoid them because we don't know how to deal with such traumas.

A few years back I worked with a woman and her 16 yr old (completely adorable and very polite) daughter at the same restaurant. The daughter went to a party and took a ride with a drunk; she was killed in a horrific accident. When the mother came back to work after a time of grieving, I avoided her as though she had the plague. I just couldn't cope with that much heartache. There is NOTHING one can say or do in such tragic situations.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Those are excellent points Jigger. I think most of us have experienced that feeling some time in our lives concerning someone elses pain. Thanks for adding that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, yeah there's nothing you can do to change the situation... but being there is usually all it takes. Healing takes time.

That's kind of why I started this thread. I understand and know why people avoid the topic, or can't deal with it, or what have you. And many times we end up alone in it. So... what can we do *for ourselves*? I mean, beyond prayer. There are a good many folks out there who simply do not find solace in that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

My first memorable experience occurred when I was around 4 years old. There was a field adjacent to our property where I used to like to play...pick wild flowers and chase butterflies
and such. One afternoon, I was playing there when suddenly, I felt I was being watched. For some reason, I looked up and saw something I had never witnessed before. It was an odd "thing"/shape of something in the sky. It just made me feel very freightened...I started to run as fast as my lil legs would go...then, all went black. The next thing I remember is being in my front yard and my mother coming from the side of the house screaming at me as to where had I been for the past 2 hours. She and neighbors had been searching for me. Was I hiding under the porch, she asked. I knew I had not been there. That was my first "missing time" event. Later that night I dreamed? of being out in the dark in my yard following very brite white glowing thin beings and seeing the same object I saw earlier.

I had many of those missing time scenarios. Another was when I was about 20 yrs. old. I was a nurse and going to see a friend after working the 3/11 shift. Suddenly, the entire car started to feel like it was vibrating/electrical feeling. I had the feeling to look out/up the back window as best I could. I then said to myself, "Oh, this has happened before". I felt the dash board, the entire car seemed to be sizzling. Next thing I remember was being on the other side of the highway and a good distance from my intended destination. At least 20 minutes had gone by.
I have never forgotten this incident...as if it were yesterday....very much an impact on me. Thanx for listening.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Interesting read... I have to say that I am a skeptic, if you told me your story I have to be honest and say that I probably wouldn't believe you... But come on you have to see it from my side, I have seen no solid evidence of any kind of alien life or whatnot, I have seen no UFO... I am 31 years old now and I look, I do look... But nothing...

Imagine I said to you, "hey I just saw some fairies and a goblin" you most likely won't believe me even if you say you would now, the truth is you probably wouldn't... Why? Because you have not seen them in all your life and you have seen no evidence of them (i'm assuming here lol)...

However I can somewhat relate... I can show people a hundred and 1 things to show people that all the governments are corrupt and immoral and the very idea is barbaric and I have actual evidence... Not just a little bit, I mean like a boat load! I could just post links all day showing the governments of the world open and admitted crimes against even their own people but not even that does it! People will just not believe that we can live without them! Totally warps my brain...

Now back to you... Although I am a skeptic I am also open to evidence so if you have any I would be delighted to look it over... I know it must be frustrating for you to need evidence but that is just the way it has to be or else we would have to believe every story we are ever told. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Hey there. Well I don't have photos of the spot on the back of my neck because there's hair growing over it, and I'm not about to shave that for some silly photo. Besides, I keep picking at it - so I'm not going to claim it as irrefutable. The implant in my finger was removed one day in a rather odd way. The one behind my ear just disappeared and, like a silly fool, I turned in my only other physical evidence to someone who claimed to be researching but these days I wonder. I truly wonder. So if you don't believe me, I'm okay with that.

As for seeing fairy tale creatures: yes, thank you very much. Of course nowadays I know that the Medieval fairy tale descriptions match modern abduction events pretty closely. :-) And I never saw them so much as heard them and did as told.

And government conspiracies: the one time I managed to wake almost fully for an abduction was during a military encounter. Which means my own tale is related to your information slightly - and I don't share it here because it's no different from anyone else's. well okay I did talk about it in that one post over thar. But. I've come to terms with it. In fact, waking up that one time was probably the best thing to have ever happened to me. The events were no longer just "dreams" and some part of me settled. It was like "Ah, okay then!" and I felt better.

Before that? Yes, I knew there were conspiracies. All you gotta do for stuff like that is open yer eyes a little and pay attention. They're getting more and more blatant as time goes by. And it's a scarey world we live in.

The only UFO I've ever seen with my waking eye I took a photo of myself. You know digital cameras can take photos of things our naked eye can't see. So I took photos of the sky near my house out of curiosity. I was surprised to have caught a diamond formation and a beamship that was just hovering over this closed off area of woodland nearby. Never got photos like that again, although I take them once in a while. I'm currently at Fort Polk. There's not a thing here. Argh.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Hey, there was a field of flowers *I* used to play in as well! Small world... although I can't say the same for the rest of your story.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearcarrier
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, yeah there's nothing you can do to change the situation... but being there is usually all it takes. Healing takes time.

That's kind of why I started this thread. I understand and know why people avoid the topic, or can't deal with it, or what have you. And many times we end up alone in it. So... what can we do *for ourselves*? I mean, beyond prayer. There are a good many folks out there who simply do not find solace in that.

You have no idea how much I wish I had an answer for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
People are generally afraid to expose their deepest secrets or most disturbing experiences for fear of being mocked or marginalized or called "crazy". I joined ATS back in 2011 for the express purpose of sharing the three paranormal experiences I've had in my life. All this time has passed and I've only managed to get one out -- the easiest of the three at that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe in my case I'm such a skeptical s-o-b I'm having trouble believing what I know I saw with my own eyes.

In any case, OP, you are in no way alone in feeling the way you do.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
You have no idea how much I wish I had an answer for you.

Hey, no worries! Through this thread I've come to realize that definitely remembering and finding the truth is one - just by confessing the moment i felt better about things. And there's keeping a journal to help you reach that of course. I'm sure there are other methods that others know.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ha. My wife never believes a word I say, no matter WHAT the subject. She always has a client who knows more than I do.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've had strange experiences and have told people even if they don't believe me. Telling people gives them the opportunity to share their own experiences...I've been called names but no one has the power to hurt your feelings unless you give them that power, and you should also have the power to discuss how you feel with that person if the relationship is going to withstand time, there IS such a thing as emotional abuse, and recent research says that yelling at a child gives the same effects as if the child were being abused physically.

Proverbs 9: 12 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.

Plenty of scoffers in the last days.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I think it also has to do with ego.

For example. Caladonea is seeing angels, but I never have. If angels really exist, then she must be special because they show themselves to her. Which means, since I've never seen an angel, I'm not special.

Ergo, angels don't exist.

Your logic is interesting. Here is how I view it; you have not seen Angles yet; someday you may see one; and even if you don't; you are special (I think you know this). Regardless of seeing them or not; they are all around you; they like to spy on people and watch over them; you'd be surprised. Angels do exist.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Hey there. Well I don't have photos of the spot on the back of my neck because there's hair growing over it, and I'm not about to shave that for some silly photo. Besides, I keep picking at it - so I'm not going to claim it as irrefutable. The implant in my finger was removed one day in a rather odd way. The one behind my ear just disappeared and, like a silly fool, I turned in my only other physical evidence to someone who claimed to be researching but these days I wonder. I truly wonder. So if you don't believe me, I'm okay with that.

Thats good then (the not taking offense part lol)... Unfortunately without physical evidence you have little to nothing... The next best thing you could do is lie detector tests... Try to arrange a few of them and see what the yields, it still wouldn't make it conclusive but if you passed it I would pay more attention to your story...

I just think it is best to assume everything is BS and then the truth will float to the top with the inflating evidence...

As for seeing fairy tale creatures: yes, thank you very much. Of course nowadays I know that the Medieval fairy tale descriptions match modern abduction events pretty closely. :-) And I never saw them so much as heard them and did as told.

No, no, you are trying to make it fit into what you want it to... Match pretty closely is nowhere near the same thing.. I don't think you really get my point though... It doesn't matter what you saw or heard...

Okay say I told you my left arm ripped itself off my body then went for a walk around the house and finally reattached to my body... Any old story will do here... The fact is anyone can say anything... And they do! People for whatever reason make up stories all the time... Not saying you are but that is what I assume of everyone until it is proven otherwise, just more sensible that way...

And government conspiracies: the one time I managed to wake almost fully for an abduction was during a military encounter. Which means my own tale is related to your information slightly - and I don't share it here because it's no different from anyone else's. well okay I did talk about it in that one post over thar. But. I've come to terms with it. In fact, waking up that one time was probably the best thing to have ever happened to me. The events were no longer just "dreams" and some part of me settled. It was like "Ah, okay then!" and I felt better.

Thing is surely people do not need to be abducted by the military to see what is in front of their face, lol...

Before that? Yes, I knew there were conspiracies. All you gotta do for stuff like that is open yer eyes a little and pay attention. They're getting more and more blatant as time goes by. And it's a scarey world we live in.

I mean it is absolutely mindnumbingly shocking to me that people can not see that tax = theft! It is such a very basic concept but they only try to justify it... But even the people that admit it is theft still think it is important to vote for the thief!

The only UFO I've ever seen with my waking eye I took a photo of myself. You know digital cameras can take photos of things our naked eye can't see. So I took photos of the sky near my house out of curiosity. I was surprised to have caught a diamond formation and a beamship that was just hovering over this closed off area of woodland nearby. Never got photos like that again, although I take them once in a while. I'm currently at Fort Polk. There's not a thing here. Argh.

Please do show your photo...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When nobody believes you then you can be sure to believe that you are surrounded by idiots. Just believe that and your day will get better.

I get miffed, however, at people who come around, put their belief out there, get scrutinized, and get upset when they want me to believe them and I don't. And then write a gripe-letter about trying to be believed after one try at explaining things to mostly total strangers, how it's not fair or something.

I can't do that, on the grounds that the Internet is a lie-filled place full of trolls. Theories must be tested. If you're dreaming to someone, then you are dreaming to someone.

Maybe you really really believe in what you posted, and 90 percent of the people reading it don't believe you. That's real life. People rooted in western reality are going to psych-out claims as part of their coping tools for what comes across their ego-syntonic mind's eye. In your case they called it a dream. It means if you really believe in what you did, hang onto it, because it's what makes you unique. You don't have to have a popular vote in society for you to believe in something, and you won't.

Don't cry about how hard people are in forums. Sometimes it helps to just post and never look back at what other people think about your post.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I live with this feeling every single day. I have long,drawn out accounts of many of my abductions on here if you want to know more. I feel like I lead two lives. The one the majority knows about. I am just a normal person with a boring life. Then there's my second existance. The one only a handful know about. Life-long abductee.My own spouse has questioned my sanity a time or two over the years but he knows I'm sane since remembering some of his own experiences. He is ex-military.
Our entire family has been taken. My youngest child awoke to an awful looking humanoid pointing a device at the wall and opening a circle he jumped into. She said the room was frozen in time. Even our cat was suspended in mid-leap.She came into my room screaming hysterically. I've done a lot of thinking on this over the years. My abductions stopped when I hit my mid 30s. I think we are being harvested for genetic materials and wonder if these military related abductions have something to do with eugenics? My eggs would no longer be the optimum health to work with.
I was taken years I was married but the tone of my experiences changed . Very invasive,painful,emotionally scarring and frightening.They didn't do a good job of keeping me asleep. It was like my terror fueled the entire experience for them.My previous experiences were more about learning something with the exception of a involuntary egg donation at 14. A different group of beings I think.
I still have two things with me they either fostered ability-wise or gave me. I am highly clairvoyant and also spoken to daily telepathically now for several years. I am sure I have several implants and this could be why they can communicate.
I would think I was crazy or have multiple personalities if this consciousness did not tell me things I possibly couldn't know on my own. It is like I'm being prepared for something big?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join