It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When No One Believes You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This isn't a post about me, really. I'm going to use my situation as an example because it's the best one I have. I'm hoping to discuss what it's like for everyone in this situation and maybe talk about ways each of us cope with it. I looked around a bit before deciding to start this thread and saw that no one really covers this, but it seems to me that this particular problem with being an adbuctee either by the military or by non-humans deserves more than a mere mention on occasion. It's a symptom of the problem that could use a band-aid, so that folks in this situation can concentrate more on solving the bigger problem.

So here I am; I've had some interesting experiences in my life, seen some things, woke up in the middle of things that folks wish I didn't remember. Things like that. When my husband and I first got together he was all about how he believed me and learning things. Four years later, things are different. And the other day he told me a funny story about how he confused someone at work by explaining to them how I was "delusional".

Which wasn't very funny to me... it kind of hurt actually.

Tell researchers your problem and they might, if you're lucky, talk to you long enough to get some information. Then they dump you like so much trash. Or you're told you're a cabal slave and to go away. (Really did happen to a friend of mine.) Or maybe you'll get lucky and find a researcher who will talk to you like a real person, but after a few months you figure out you're being blown off and strung along for some other agenda. (Hello, MUFON!) Go to forums like this one, hoping for some sort of comradarie, and you get blown off. "They're just dreams." And after a while you start waking up in the morning feeling like you're the only person in the whole world, because there just isn't anybody out there for you. And maybe you're better off in a cave someplace, living with bears.

Maybe part of the problem is a handler device to keep you from getting help. Maybe that's just paranoia talking. One thing you know for sure - you're not crazy. The stinking implant in your bird finger didn't get there all by itself. You aren't trying to get attention or convince someone to write a book about you... you just want to feel part of the pack as it were. And maybe get to talk about your situation, figure things out, find the truth hidden in the mess of your brain.

And okay, your personality doesn't mesh with mainstream society so you find yourself distancing yourself from people more and more - especially that MUFON lady who said you weren't "very bright" for not wanting to kill a harmless ladybug. The thing is, in the end you gotta find solace all alone even though connecting with others would be kind of nice. And there's no feeling like the emptiness you get when no one believes you, even those that claim they make it their business to... or your own mate, who used your story as a dating device and now has essentially abandoned you for the stinking SCA.

Now I think for you out there, this situation isn't always to such an extreme. But I'm sure there are those out there who know what I'm talking about. I don't have any advice for it. I keep a personal blog on the matter. I write it under an assumed name, I put information in there on the rare occasions I find time to collect it, and I put my story down, reread, assess, and try to figure things out. My blog is kind of all I have. :-) But it's also been the most reliable method I've had for years.

How about the rest of you?
edit on 2/10/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No one believes anything that doesn't fit within societal norms. We have all agreed as to what reality is, and anything that falls outside of that is fringe, and therefore not to be believed. "It can't be true", because it isn't within the consensus. So you must be delusional.

I don't know you, or what has happened to you, but it's a burden you'll have to bear on your own. No one is interested because it doesn't concern them. If they give legitimacy to what you're telling them, then they have to rationalize that together with the fears they already have. They'd rather live in denial. It's much easier.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well said! Who ever you are and what ever your story may be!
Ignore the ignorants, and keep searching for like-minded people.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spearcarrier

Lately...periodically when I am home alone; Angels will appear in my apartment; just for a few seconds; so I can get a glimpse; I have told people and they think I am bonkers; and yet I know what I am really seeing.

I think that many people are afraid to look at other peoples unusual circumstances; because then they are afraid something similar may happen to them.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I totally understand what you are saying and going through. I plan to add a fairly long reply to you later if that is o.k. For now, I wrote a short story at that forum titled..."Sky People...a different kind of story about "them". I hope you get a chance to read it there...it may be of help to you and give you some insight into "me" when I reply back later. I've been through a lot relevant to the abductee/experiencer scenario and I know what you mean. I've been down the "MUFON" route and all of that, to no avail. I understand and will be back. Hubby isn't well so i have to tend to him but will have more to say later. Hugs, Blessings, to you.
I meant to say, my story is located at the Short Story Forum with the title I mentioned. I think you will be surprised and hopefully understand my predicamment.
edit on 8-2-2013 by shrevegal because: added a sentence.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe this happens more often than not. I've told my fiancee several stories about situations, experiances and what not, sometimes I think about my stories and experiances and think "Am I loosing it, even though I have what I call a good grip on reality?". My fiancee has been very responsive and wants to know more (I can toss her down the rabbit hole, but most rabbit holes are entered through willingness not maliciousness) So I keep feeding her information but I don't want to overload her thought process at the same time, so I'll help her ease into her own rabbit hole.

I don't know your circumstances or if what I stated helps at all. I just felt the need to share that with you.

Best of luck, and know your not alone~

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I understand how you feel.And be assured there are more who do,even if they wont always say.S+f,to show some support,anyway:-)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I for one would love to hear people's experiences. I'm sure plenty of other people would as well. So, if you don't mind sharing, we'll listen.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would love to hear about your experiencies OP. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The thing that strikes me is that you are bound in a relationship wherein you are blanketed by being considered as being 'delusional'. No relationship would be far preferred to this sort of captivity. Run like hell.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I honestly do not know what you are talking about, or trying to describe. Not for lack of trying. You begin by saying this post is not about you.

Then you just ramble on about abstract things that may or may not have happened...........as others have said above me.................perhaps you would like to share some more, give people the chance to believe you.......so far nothing to believe........or not. Good Luck!

Peace!! ID

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow. I got a lot of really good replies. I admit I was hesitant at first to start this topic, because I wasn't sure of the reception I would get. :-) I'll be happy to share my experiences, but on another thread I guess. My experiences aren't the topic.

Klassified - you're right in that folks end up carrying their burden alone. And yeah: most people just aren't interested and probably don't care. But as of right now I can't really say that about this forum. The response is a very warm one with a lot of curiosity and a need to relate on the part of others. :-)

The need to relate is what I'm trying to touch on here.

Caladonea - your experience sounds kind of neat actually. So how are you coping with the fact that no one you've told believes you? Does coming here help? Just knowing you're not nuts is enough?

Shrevegal - gonna look for your story after I hit "reply"!

Sulaw - lucky you to have a fiance like that. And you're right not to overwhelm them.

davidmann - that's why I used that as an example. Think of all the folks out there who are blanketed in such types of relationships. My husband noticed... well, not this thread, but he noticed something was up and we've since discussed me being "delusional" today. So we're working through it. I just brought it up here because, well, I can't be the only one in such a situation.

I think of folks who don't have someone like that. I've known a few. There was a woman I was once in contact with. She wasn't even allowed to discuss it on the phone when her husband was home. I can't imagine living like that. It would be some kind of minor hell for me, and I think maybe others fail to cope. Which is equally frightening.

If this were my husband in this situation, he'd be sore out of luck. He doesn't write blogs nor really talk about things. I couldn't even begin to think on how to show support to someone in such a situation.

I'm sitting here trying to think of some other coping mechanism than a journal and I come up blank. :-)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think that people like you are more interesting than so called "normal" people and I myself as a kinda lonewolf can totally relate to you. Even though I havent had any paranormal things. I hope you all the good things world has to offer!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Actually, many many are, not the majority but still large numbers. Those are the seekers, who are yearning for truth and seeking within their souls, who instinctively trust and love others and happily share what they can and learn what others have to share. So I guess to each their own.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sometimes I think it's getting towards the majority.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Hi again, spearcarrier. I can totally relate to everything you have stated here. I have been a ufo/experiencer/alien researcher for over 25 years and It is NOT a belief system, it is a fact and real. You are not alone...there are many good people such as yourself that have experienced various aspects of the mystery....whether it be "sightings", abductions, contact and so on. It happens. It is real. Folks that say it is merely mass hallucination or delusion or the vapors from swamp gas affecting the brain or whatever...they are wrong. It can be so in some cases but the ones I have looked into, no.

I went the MUFON route...the so-called investigators coming around taking photos of my scars, the crystal "segment" I found from a craft, looking at my sketches and photos. Yes, I have actual photos of unexplained craft and not all grainy messes either...newbie and not sure how to post them but I will if I can figure it out. Some of the pics have been put on various other websites. Had an implant work its way almost to the surface of my skin. The Air Force doc removed it and of course it was "lost". I was concerned the "lump"was cancer, yet heard the metal sound blink into the vial when removed. Odd since there was a cancer concern, it got lost and never mentioned or delved into any further.

In my research, I have discerned that there are more than one type of EBE/entity. Some are benevolent and harmless, others have an agenda and still others are pure evil. I have had experiences with the neonates, (small, biege creatures), the Nordics, grays and oddly, very bright, white ones as well as some others. Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread so perhaps I should try and make a topic thread going into detail about it all?

The grays and the unpleasant experiences were always involving military type folks in attendance as well...they seemed to be working together. I remember unpleasant experiments involving a head piece with wire segments. It was very painful and freightening. I have much more to say...is it o.k. to do some more of it here or would you and mods prefer I continue elsewhere? I hope what I have to reveal and say will be helpful and enlightening. I cope by reaching out to others that have had experiences similar to my own...by researching, reading. When things get too heavy, I take a break and enjoy art, gardening, writing, sewing, photography and such. Hubby never hassles me about it....thankfully, he is one of those guys that has a steady and consistant mood level He just listens.
I'll stop for now so as I can discern how you and others wish to respond or react to what I have divulged thus far. Blessings to you. ^j^

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I had a crazy experience a few years back. Realized it's not something to talk about. But I'll say this. It makes for a good avatar eh?
But then again I'm pretty sure there would be problems the other way too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

I'm not worried about anyone hijacking this thread, as it were. :-) I'd say talk away! So far what you say sounds interesting. :-)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Yeah sometimes things just don't seem worth talking about.. but... what is the story behind your avatar? I'm curious now.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Lately...periodically when I am home alone; Angels will appear in my apartment; just for a few seconds; so I can get a glimpse; I have told people and they think I am bonkers; and yet I know what I am really seeing.

I think that many people are afraid to look at other peoples unusual circumstances; because then they are afraid something similar may happen to them.

I think it also has to do with ego.

For example. Caladonea is seeing angels, but I never have. If angels really exist, then she must be special because they show themselves to her. Which means, since I've never seen an angel, I'm not special.

Ergo, angels don't exist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join