It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audacious Hack Exposes Bush Family Pix, E-Mail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I agree 100%. And furthermore, how about some respect? Their father was presumably on his deathbed and they're trying to cope and make preparations. Revealing this proves what exactly from a political perspective? All it does is humanize the Bushes which, I would imagine, is the opposite of the hacker's intent. Believe me, I was no huge fan of W., but reading these e-mails actually softens my heart towards the man. And, I actually like his paintings.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I haven't been able to hop on the boards for a few nights; hence, my late reply but I thought this was worth replying to, even at this late date. Quite honestly, this is a perspective I hadn't given much thought to.

Firstly, your comparison of thesmokinggun being akin to TMZ is spot on, and secondly, when one considers the benign content that was "leaked" it does beg the question of why? With that said, you opened my eyes to another perspective and being the overall media cynic that I am, I wanted to acknowledge your comments.

Thanks for snapping my momentary liberalism back to the middle of the road where it belongs

TG

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by venkman13

Venkman13 - take a look at Philippines' response to me on page 1. He/she is basically saying the same thing as you, but with a slightly different twist.

I still agree that hacking anyone's email is an invasion of privacy but it is, I think, important to consider what the true impetus of such a benign release might mean. I only point this out because both of our initial responses indicated that this release, in some way, softened us to the evil dynasty (I won't even call them a family); a group of people we were both previously leery of. I don't know about you, but I'm a fairly big cynic when it comes to any form of organized media - whether it's televised, printed or internet-based - and this hacker's alleged dirty deed made me momentarily forget that cynicism PLUS made me soften a miniscule amount to the evil dynasty.

Has to give you (or at least me) some food for thought...

Take care!
TG

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So you say this is a PR spin stunt?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'm saying that I have no idea, but considering the blatant and continuous misuse of the media as a diversionary tactic, is it really so inconceivable to consider that perhaps it might be? This is one of the most powerful families in the US (if not the world) and the most private items their personal emails contained are a house number or two??

I'll admit that I was the first poster to scream "invasion of privacy", but if you look at Philippines' response to me on page 1 of the thread, I really can't turn a blind eye to the possibility that it might have very well been a PR stunt. Can you?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

I haven't been able to hop on the boards for a few nights; hence, my late reply but I thought this was worth replying to, even at this late date. Quite honestly, this is a perspective I hadn't given much thought to.

Firstly, your comparison of thesmokinggun being akin to TMZ is spot on, and secondly, when one considers the benign content that was "leaked" it does beg the question of why? With that said, you opened my eyes to another perspective and being the overall media cynic that I am, I wanted to acknowledge your comments.

Thanks for snapping my momentary liberalism back to the middle of the road where it belongs

TG

Glad to have helped, and that someone on this board reads with comprehension

All to often I feel like my posts are invisible and many times those who do respond seem to respond to just argue and not read and understand the context, which could be my fault because electronic communication is not the best way to go.

Anyways, glad you see the potential for this as a PR stunt or false flag. People get hacked EVERY day and have their pictures released somewhere, but this one is different because it is very high profile. In another thread, member Mike.Ockizard has a very good insight into these "elites" emails being screened by humans to make sure to confidential/secrets are passed through insecure communication.

Even if someone manages to hack these guys, they are highly unlikely to find anything incriminating. So to me this still seems like a false flag against the internet, much like the other recent headline hacks:

- Anonymous on the .Gov (Nothing happened damaging to the gov, just grabbing headlines)
- This hack - nothing
- Britam hack - nothing secret except for confidential company info, but nothing nefarious / conspiracy

I'm sure more will be "hacked" and spotlighted by the media because they want internet control. The same thing is going on with guns, because the government wants gun control... Or to make it simple: the government wants control of everything.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by venkman13

I agree 100%. And furthermore, how about some respect? Their father was presumably on his deathbed and they're trying to cope and make preparations. Revealing this proves what exactly from a political perspective? All it does is humanize the Bushes which, I would imagine, is the opposite of the hacker's intent. Believe me, I was no huge fan of W., but reading these e-mails actually softens my heart towards the man. And, I actually like his paintings.

Hi. Welcome to life, where you also die.

My forum name is Philippines, nice to meet you. George Bush is out of the hospital. I don't think many of us are personally connected or related to him, are you? It is easier to relate to people in the hospital or feeling conditions of pain/illness when you can relate to them and/or are family. In this case for any member of the Bush family, I don't think most any average person could raise their hand as a relative to them. Can you?

Respect is something earned, not given. I don't give any respect to any member of the Bush family I personally know... And I know none. I would imagine the feel the same about me and others in the 7 billion+ population world.

I think you could be on a point that this exposure may try to "humanize" the Bush family from an otherwise "alien" nation to them.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by timidgal

TG

Glad to have helped, and that someone on this board reads with comprehension

All to often I feel like my posts are invisible and many times those who do respond seem to respond to just argue and not read and understand the context, which could be my fault because electronic communication is not the best way to go.

Anyways, glad you see the potential for this as a PR stunt or false flag. People get hacked EVERY day and have their pictures released somewhere, but this one is different because it is very high profile. In another thread, member Mike.Ockizard has a very good insight into these "elites" emails being screened by humans to make sure to confidential/secrets are passed through insecure communication.

Even if someone manages to hack these guys, they are highly unlikely to find anything incriminating. So to me this still seems like a false flag against the internet, much like the other recent headline hacks:

- Anonymous on the .Gov (Nothing happened damaging to the gov, just grabbing headlines)
- This hack - nothing
- Britam hack - nothing secret except for confidential company info, but nothing nefarious / conspiracy

I'm sure more will be "hacked" and spotlighted by the media because they want internet control. The same thing is going on with guns, because the government wants gun control... Or to make it simple: the government wants control of everything.

Hence the tagline under my signature, "Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds." ~ Albert Einstein.

What is oftentimes a seemingly innocuous occurrence is anything but... Even I didn't see the possible motivations when I originally responded (and I consider myself fairly intuitive when it comes to seeing possible broader hidden intentions), but this type of insidious manipulation takes place on a highly subconscious level and "they" are pros at using this against us. They use our basic inclination of decency against us, pushing our sympathy or "fair play" button, while allowing themselves to inch that much closer to accomplishing their hidden agenda.

Your last statement sums it up best and as I said before, thanks for shaking me out of my own veiled view.

TG

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yep, I really think the television is a key, along with other media. I haven't subscribed to any television service for almost a decade. I choose what I want to watch, if I want to. I think that television/visual media is a very very powerful tool to TPTB.

As far as this "hack" goes, it seems to be just a passing headline with no followup. Good for internet marketing and driving awareness of a "danger" in the world affecting our dear leaders.

Let's see what the next "hack" brings us =b

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The biggest crime family on the planet are hardly gonna post their evil plans for ruling the world wide drug syndicate staffed by the CIA,and exempt from the law of any country,in open emails do ya think?
They save all that conspring for the secret sacrifices of stolen babies they hold in their basements......

They all get together after the rituals and drink a little blood, shoot the #...you know....talk NWO stuff....
edit on 9-4-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Or maybe he is doing this FOR them because of blackmail or pay or under some form of mind control...

edit on 9-4-2013 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

what was interesting for me was the hackers response at the end where he said he wasnt concerned with the feds or secret service.

That he has a long history with them and that this is just another chapter in that story. That he has hacked hundreds of accounts...I wonder if he has ever had or has anything incriminating that he is keeping for a rainy day when a noose looms over his neck. I wonder what insurance policy he has as far as what he has learned over the years.....

He isn't concerned because you think he has some "insurance" for a rainy day?
Perhaps he isn't concerned because he is being employed by them or some other agency..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join